Where is the Lakers Ceiling?

Where is the Lakers Ceiling?

Posted in the NBA Basketball Forum

Trelos77

Middleport, OH

#1 Oct 7, 2013
If Kobe is healthy enough to return for the regular season, and he believes that he will be...... How high is the Lakers ceiling and how close to it do you think they can get?

Center : Chris Kaman - Only 3 years ago he was a 19-9 player on a weak Clippers team, last year he averaged 11-6 next to Dirk. His low rebounding will be picked up by Gasol, Kobe, and group rebounding. His scoring will be appreciated.

Power Forward : Pau Gasol - Tried and true, hopefully he can return to form this year without having to worry about Howard and trades. Steady 18-10 player with Lakers before Howard.

Small Forward : Most people figure Nick Young will start, I personally think he and Meeks should come of the bench for instant offense, Lakers had an incredibly hard time scoring last year when Kobe was on the bench.

Shooting Guard : Kobe Bryant - Not much to say here, was having an amazing year last year till he got hurt. Even at just 80% he will be a force.

Point Guard : Steve Nash - I would REALLY like to see this guy take more shots, possibly the greatest shooter the league has ever seen. Career 49-43-90 shooter, with 5 years shooting 50-40-90.

Bench :
Steve Blake - Not flashy but can get the job done.

Jordan Farmar - Coming of a solid albeit short year.

Jodie Meeks - Couldn't find his stroke last year, but solid from downtown and free throw line.

Wesley Johnson - Has never quite lived up to his potential, can Kobe draw it out?

Shawne Williams - Solid shooter for a big, should help bench offense a little and spread the floor.

Jordan Hill - High energy player, did well for us last year averaging 7-6 off the bench shooting 50% from the floor.

As a 10-man regular season rotation, we have no glaring weaknesses (If Kobe is back), but we need to make sure we find ways to score when Kobe is on the bench. We need to hunker down and play defense.

Playoffs..... hopefully Young, Meeks, and Kaman are in a good rhythm by then or we will have some issues.... Bynum and Odom were always good for 25-20, wee need defense, rebounding and scoring from these guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lorenzen Wright Autopsy Released- Graphic Content (Nov '10) Nov '17 ThePhartts 87
Ball Family Steps In It Again Nov '17 What goes around 1
LeBron Climbing The Ladder Nov '17 NBA Tracker 2
News Simmons and 76ers come up short in NBA Oct '17 Fart Stains 2
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. running outside of NASCAR's ... Oct '17 HisPhartse 6
News Pastor Joel Osteen slammed for not opening mega... Oct '17 Farting Choir 6
News Kurtenbach: Bob Myers doesn't want you to know ... Sep '17 LetsPhartts 2
More from around the web