First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Taylor

Dallas, TX

#107 Dec 17, 2012
By the way...if you did hear what Tim D had to say, and you listened carefully...he basically gave the answer away regarding the 2011 finals.
Taylor

Dallas, TX

#108 Dec 17, 2012
*2006 finals
Taylor

Dallas, TX

#109 Dec 17, 2012
Sorry, it was on radio not print (of course).....here, for all those that don't believe it

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/player...
Taylor

Dallas, TX

#110 Dec 17, 2012
O....and here is phil jackson, greatest coach in NBA history TELLING YOU that it was rigged.

"That Miami Finals really was a tough one to swallow," Jackson said before the Lakers won 96-91 on Saturday night in Dallas. "I think Wade averaged about 25 foul shots a game. You couldn't even touch him. That was really tough to swallow and I think he understood there's kind of a pecking order in this league and you keep your mouth shut at times. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/sto...

The only people who don't believe it was rigged are those niave individuals who believe in the ever sustaining faith in the goodness of humanity, or heat fans.

It was rigged, anybody with eyes and an iq over 100 is able to see that. Don 't let personal motives get in the way of the truth.

There are give-away comments by other high profile figures other than Phil Jackson and Tim D you can find for yourself. The good thing is, I think the NBA learned its lesson to some degree

“WHAT?”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#111 Dec 19, 2012
Taylor wrote:
O....and here is phil jackson, greatest coach in NBA history TELLING YOU that it was rigged.
"That Miami Finals really was a tough one to swallow," Jackson said before the Lakers won 96-91 on Saturday night in Dallas. "I think Wade averaged about 25 foul shots a game. You couldn't even touch him. That was really tough to swallow and I think he understood there's kind of a pecking order in this league and you keep your mouth shut at times. "
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/sto...
The only people who don't believe it was rigged are those niave individuals who believe in the ever sustaining faith in the goodness of humanity, or heat fans.
It was rigged, anybody with eyes and an iq over 100 is able to see that. Don 't let personal motives get in the way of the truth.
There are give-away comments by other high profile figures other than Phil Jackson and Tim D you can find for yourself. The good thing is, I think the NBA learned its lesson to some degree
yea but you can also aplly that to other players like Mj. even magic said when they was taking a picture together, "dont get too close to mj they might blow the whistle' or sum shhhit like that lol it was a joke but not really, ya feel me? how many times we see mj get to the line and the whistle blow becasue some fool got called for a foul on MJ for nothing. I still consider him the greatest but i saw what i saw too.
precious

London, UK

#114 Jan 18, 2013
I'm wade's fan eversince I watched nba..

no doubt when he got the mvp titles in 2006. He truly an amazing player!

#lovewadeforever
Guy

College Station, TX

#115 Feb 8, 2013
hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you out of your mind??? The Heat won that series fair and done and it WAS because Dwyane Wade showed up in those 4 games and Dirk didnt. That team had a lot of veterans too anyone saying this series was fixed is totally f^cked up.
your a joke lol look at other NBA finals... and look what happened after that finals.. a ref went to jail for cheating. Does your dumbass just think it was a coincidence? I think not, my proof if 95 free throws and the ref going to jail saying that he was told to help Wade you are just clearly a HEAT fan.
Knicks Fan

Bronx, NY

#116 Jun 30, 2013
I Hate The Heat but I could admit The Heat won that series fair & square ... Shaq , Gary Payton and Antoine Walker , James Posey , White Chocolate Jason Williams , Alonzo Mourning the list goes on... Young Dwayne Wade was Unstoppable ! They were a way better team & Shaq was destroying The Mavs Centers ... Did U Forget That ???
Jared T

Terre Haute, IN

#117 Mar 10, 2014
Cdub wrote:
I absolutely thing that the Dallas Miami series was fixed. It is obvious that the NBA didnt like Cuban and his team. A total disgrace. It could be Dirk instead of Dwayne doing T mobile commercials.
Dirk would never lower himself to doing commercials. He is a real basketball player not a premadonna poster boy for the commissioner.
Objective observer

Mckinney, TX

#118 Apr 11, 2014
The thing that agitated me was that while phantom fouls and touch fouls were called for Wade, Dirk was being absolutely mugged even when he had the ball and wasn't getting any calls. Most definitely RIGGED. Wade should be proud of that ring the NBA gave him! In 2011 he proved his maturity level was around middle school
Objective observer

Mckinney, TX

#119 Apr 11, 2014
I think Haslem still owes Dirk dinner and a movie.
I once saw Curt Rambus run through all his fouls in a few minutes, he had nothing on Haslem. As they began to realize the refs swallowed the whistle the heat got more and more aggressive it literally looked like football.

* I guess one positive was that Dirk managed to adjust his game and beat the heat with or without referee integrity in 2011. The refs from 2006 championship should really be ashamed!
Objective observer

Mckinney, TX

#120 Apr 11, 2014
Metastasis wrote:
I think there was only one NBA series rigged that I've ever seen. I've never seen a more lopsided series that Dallas v Miami. The officiating was nauseatingly bad and partisan. I think anybody who knows NBA hoops and isn't a homer knows this.
And why would I lie? I like D Wade. I like Shaq. I always loved Payton. And who doesn't love the Mourning success story of a ring AFTER a kidney transplant. FYI, I *have* a kidney transplant--that win was very meaningful for me! Plus, I've never lived in either of those places.
But the series was rigged because of a) how much David Stern hated Mark Cuban, and b) marketability of D Wade. Look, you have motive, weapon, etc. And guess what? It is trivial to control the outcome of a game through the officiating crew.
As for "conspiracies," here is my thinking on them. If more than a handful of people need to know, you can't keep it a secret. Faked moon mission? Impossible! JFK assassination? Very unlikely! But how many people would have to know that you jiggered the officiating assignments for the Finals. 1? 2? Consequently, could definitely have been rigged. Don't need cheating refs, just rigged officiating assignments to favor Wade's reckless style. And what do we see in the series? Wade throws himself on the ground, gets calls. Throws himself into other players, gets calls. Just tosses himself into the lane, and he gets calls. Just stock the crew with refs who always call ticky tack fouls on slashers, and Miami wins. QED. I could rig a series like that today. I could do the opposite for a tough defensive team by using officiating crews that allow tough defense with lots of pushing and grabbing. Easy.
I see your point. What's really incredible was the same crew was calling it two different ways touch or phantom fouls for heat but allowing violence to escalate on the other end of court while swallowing the whistle
youidiot

New York, NY

#121 May 14, 2014
allen wrote:
Gee, shocker that "Michael in Dallas, Tx" thinks the series was rigged. Try thinking with your head and not emotionally please. The NBA is rigged? So why in the world did the Nets get to two Finals? About as piss-poor and small market as it gets. And with all due respect to Tim Duncan- no way that market gets 4 titles if the NBA is rigged. The Heat won the series because Wade went aggressive to the basket. Thats going to get him foul calls, and that will make the other team a bit on their heels defensively. Standing outside taking jumpers (Dirk) is not going to put you on the foul line. The only reason you think it was rigged is because your team didn't win.
no 1 player consistently shoots more free throws than the entire opposing team. shit was obviously rigged -- fortunately stern kept his cool in 2011
Heat Fan

Miami, FL

#122 May 15, 2014
The NBA is rigged...so that pissant markets like San Antonio and Oklahoma City and Indiananoplace can thrive while the Nets, Bulls, and (probably) Clippers get eliminated. Retards.

9 out of 10 NBA conspiracy theorists have received alien anal probes. Proven fact.
Anthony

Miami, FL

#123 May 22, 2014
I guarantee you that dallas fans will say the 2011 finals wasnt rigged bc they won. Stop bitching dallas. I get that donaghy was officiating and all. But even with all the free throws dwyane wade shit the guy balled it up. Just like when mavericks beat the heat in 2011. Dirk, barrea, marion, chandler, jason terry, and the rest, they balled up in 2011 averaging around 60% from the field and close to 50% behind the arc. Im sorry that dirk was crying like a little bitch because he sucked. But the heat won that final just as fair as the mavs did in 2011.
Blake

Houston, TX

#124 Jul 12, 2014
That series was ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, without a doubt, rigged. As anyone knows, and even Donaghy wrote in his book, an NBA game can be rigged most effectively and most furtively through the referees. They can make or break a game with just a few calls. Three of the games in this series were completely swung by refs, all by putting Dwayne Wade on the line constantly. Games 3, 5, and 6 were all hatchet jobs. This series was a disgrace and it is a complete travesty that David Stern will never have to answer for this.

And don't come back with this weak "you're a conspiracy theorist" crap. That's a vapid line trotted out against anyone who has the notion to question the status quo. I'm no conspiracy guy. I've just been a basketball fan for more than 30 years and I can certainly tell when a game and series is being rigged right before my very eyes.
FilipinoBroskie

Surrey, Canada

#125 Aug 29, 2014
To say the NBA is rigged is RIDICULOUS. D-Wade was ballin in that series and got most of the calls because he is a Superstar and was being aggressive, so calls went his way. If any sport is rigged, it's Boxing. That Pacquiao/Bradley fight. It was obvious that Pacman won that fight, those dumbass judges.
Osborne

Houston, TX

#127 Feb 16, 2015
FilipinoBroskie wrote:
To say the NBA is rigged is RIDICULOUS. D-Wade was ballin in that series and got most of the calls because he is a Superstar and was being aggressive, so calls went his way. If any sport is rigged, it's Boxing. That Pacquiao/Bradley fight. It was obvious that Pacman won that fight, those dumbass judges.
Wtf would u know p..sy u were probably at some no bame island when this series was playing out
Osborne

Houston, TX

#128 Feb 16, 2015
Osborne wrote:
<quoted text>
Wtf would u know p..sy u were probably at some no bame island when this series was playing out
No name island
Osborne

Houston, TX

#129 Feb 16, 2015
Anthony wrote:
I guarantee you that dallas fans will say the 2011 finals wasnt rigged bc they won. Stop bitching dallas. I get that donaghy was officiating and all. But even with all the free throws dwyane wade shit the guy balled it up. Just like when mavericks beat the heat in 2011. Dirk, barrea, marion, chandler, jason terry, and the rest, they balled up in 2011 averaging around 60% from the field and close to 50% behind the arc. Im sorry that dirk was crying like a little bitch because he sucked. But the heat won that final just as fair as the mavs did in 2011.
Lol it really does take a special kind of stupid to compare a Freethrow disparity to contested jumpshots. Even with the plus 15 FT over Dallas and still barely won. Take away 10 FT from Wade in game 5 and 6 and Dallas wins by 10 each game

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lakers fans (Nov '07) 7 hr Showtime 74,234
News Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher are parents (Oct '14) Mon stewart scott 29
Comme Manchester United a perdu plus d'un défen... Mar 27 Jessie55 1
Club de Football Manchester United par le site ... Mar 27 Jessie55 1
Real Madrid et de Cordoue avant-match Conférenc... Mar 27 Jessie55 1
Dans la célébration de la mode de Los Angeles Mar 27 Jessie55 1
As Jordan Brand this year's flagship basketball... Mar 27 Jessie55 1
More from around the web