Earnhardt Jr. could be bigger story this weekend than Johnson

Nov 15, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Star-Gazette.COM

With the Chase for the Nextel Cup championship all but decided, Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s final race with the team his father founded shapes up as a more compelling story this weekend in Florida. via Star-Gazette.COM

Comments
621 - 630 of 630 Comments Last updated Nov 26, 2007
First Prev
of 32
Next Last

“Save the drama fer yer mama!!!”

Since: Mar 07

North Cackalacky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#634
Nov 25, 2007
 
Glad to hear you had a good holiday! We had a blast. My dad's house is not big enough for the whole family so he rented an extra one down the street. Hubby could not come because of work so me, my daughter and my 3 nieces stayed in the rental. The whole family was calling it "The Princess Palace" and is sure was!
Jrsredneckwoman wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Gal..I bet you did hit traffic..I don't think theres away to avoid it this day and age..I had a wonderful Holiday..Got alittle juiced up ..We had a party Fri that lasted until 5 in the morn..and then i had afew drinkies yesterday.so i think i'm good until Xmas,,lol.. How was your Dad?..I'm sure ya'll had a great time. Glad you are back,I missed ya!
marty from catty

Whitehall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#635
Nov 25, 2007
 
i am glad to see dale step out of the #8 car and get a fresh start next season, and i was overwelmed to win a trip from cat country 96 and go to see the final race, and to see him drive the final race with DEI. also ricky rudd had his final start and the championship went down to the last race also made it even more exciting to be there. i was hoping to see kurt busch pull it out especially since miller lite sponsored our trip, and they know how to throw one ---- of a party, but coming in second was respectable.
i didnt want to see dale end the season by getting spun out right in front of us, and getting spun later in the race also but i know dale is an awesome driver and when he gets the car under him like he used to get, look out cause hes gonna drive the wheels off of that thing
there is no doubt that if you are a fan of racing that you will ever forget the #3 or the #8 drivers, they both brought so much to motorsports and the legacy of dale sr will be carried thru dale jr.
i could not even begin to imagine how dale jr was able to cope with his dads death and continue racing on the same tracks his dad dominated for so many years. he was very young at that time and his dad is sitting up there saying how proud he is of jr. and then to come back and win at daytona just months after dale sr died was bittersweet to say the least.
i wish the #8 was allowed to be kept by the man who made it famous, and i am not sure about the details over it but we will be there next season cheering you on in the #88, and we all hold dear the memory of the dominator,you both are awesome
TPARK LITTLE ROCK AR

Jacksonville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#636
Nov 25, 2007
 
Jrsredneckwoman wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Gal..I bet you did hit traffic..I don't think theres away to avoid it this day and age..I had a wonderful Holiday..Got alittle juiced up ..We had a party Fri that lasted until 5 in the morn..and then i had afew drinkies yesterday.so i think i'm good until Xmas,,lol.. How was your Dad?..I'm sure ya'll had a great time. Glad you are back,I missed ya!
WELL, IT LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING TO BE THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES TODAY///HES ON THE PHONE WITH HIS DAD, SO I SLIPPED IN HERE....SORRY ABOUT LAST NIGHT....HE HAD BEEN DRINKING WHEN HE CAME HOME, AN HE CAME HOME TO SEE ME...AN FOR ME TO TAKE A BREAK FROM THE COMPUTER.....WHEN I DID'NT RUSH IN THERE HE GOT MAD...SO NOW THIS MORNING WHEN I CAME IN TO POST..HE SAID YOU JUST CAN'T STAND IT, THAT COMPUTER GETS MORE ATTENTION THAN I DO...ANY WAY..I'LL HAVE TO BABY HIM TODAY, GIVE HIM MY FULL ATTENTION...BUT I'LL CALL YOU IN MORNING....OH WHEN I POSTED TO YOU THIS MORNING..A RED FLAG CAME UP WARNING ME ABOUT THAT POST...WELL BETTER GET OFF, NO FUN TODAY, NO RACEING TO WATCH, NOTHING...OK I'M GOING TO GO PASTE ON A SMILE,...LOVE YA MT

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#637
Nov 25, 2007
 
marty from catty wrote:
i am glad to see dale step out of the #8 car and get a fresh start next season, and i was overwelmed to win a trip from cat country 96 and go to see the final race, and to see him drive the final race with DEI. also ricky rudd had his final start and the championship went down to the last race also made it even more exciting to be there. i was hoping to see kurt busch pull it out especially since miller lite sponsored our trip, and they know how to throw one ---- of a party, but coming in second was respectable.
i didnt want to see dale end the season by getting spun out right in front of us, and getting spun later in the race also but i know dale is an awesome driver and when he gets the car under him like he used to get, look out cause hes gonna drive the wheels off of that thing
there is no doubt that if you are a fan of racing that you will ever forget the #3 or the #8 drivers, they both brought so much to motorsports and the legacy of dale sr will be carried thru dale jr.
i could not even begin to imagine how dale jr was able to cope with his dads death and continue racing on the same tracks his dad dominated for so many years. he was very young at that time and his dad is sitting up there saying how proud he is of jr. and then to come back and win at daytona just months after dale sr died was bittersweet to say the least.
i wish the #8 was allowed to be kept by the man who made it famous, and i am not sure about the details over it but we will be there next season cheering you on in the #88, and we all hold dear the memory of the dominator,you both are awesome
This has to be one of the best post i've ever read on JR. Awesome! Thank You ...WELCOME TO OUR NASCAR FAMILY!!!

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#638
Nov 25, 2007
 
TPARK LITTLE ROCK AR wrote:
<quoted text>WELL, IT LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING TO BE THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES TODAY///HES ON THE PHONE WITH HIS DAD, SO I SLIPPED IN HERE....SORRY ABOUT LAST NIGHT....HE HAD BEEN DRINKING WHEN HE CAME HOME, AN HE CAME HOME TO SEE ME...AN FOR ME TO TAKE A BREAK FROM THE COMPUTER.....WHEN I DID'NT RUSH IN THERE HE GOT MAD...SO NOW THIS MORNING WHEN I CAME IN TO POST..HE SAID YOU JUST CAN'T STAND IT, THAT COMPUTER GETS MORE ATTENTION THAN I DO...ANY WAY..I'LL HAVE TO BABY HIM TODAY, GIVE HIM MY FULL ATTENTION...BUT I'LL CALL YOU IN MORNING....OH WHEN I POSTED TO YOU THIS MORNING..A RED FLAG CAME UP WARNING ME ABOUT THAT POST...WELL BETTER GET OFF, NO FUN TODAY, NO RACEING TO WATCH, NOTHING...OK I'M GOING TO GO PASTE ON A SMILE,...LOVE YA MT
HMM,ABOUT THE RED WARNING ! I WONDER WHY??.. DO'NT FRET IT! O HON, THATS OK ..TAKE CARE OF YOUR HONEY,LOL ...I'll CATCH YA LATER! HEY IF YA GET A CHANCE SNEAK OVER TO YOU KNOW WHERE..AND CHECK OUT ALL THE TUNES! MINDY, IS AN AWESOME DJ !! BUT, TRY TO STAY ON HUBBYS GOOD SIDE THO..DON"T GET CAUGHT SNEAKING OVER THERE! HEHE ..LOVE YA FRIEND!!
marty from catty

Whitehall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#639
Nov 25, 2007
 
Jrsredneckwoman wrote:
<quoted text>This has to be one of the best post i've ever read on JR. Awesome! Thank You ...WELCOME TO OUR NASCAR FAMILY!!!
you are so welcome, my driver is and always will be dale sr and my wifes driver is dale jr. I can remember a race that i wont forget, was when dale sr won the daytona 500 and every single team member from every team, went out on the track to congratulate him, that is nascar and that is why i am a fan, you cant know what it is until you are sitting in the stands and they say gentlemen start your engines and the whole grandstands begins to shake, and when that pace car peels off the track, you feel your heart start to race, ohhhhman it is awesome, i have great respect for these drivers, they literally risk it all to compete at a level above and beyond most.
nobody will ever replace the dominator, and i wish i could see him again in that #3 flipping his finger to someone once again,, but i do have great memories of one of the most competitive drivers ever to step into a hot rod, i wish michael waltrip and dale coulda celebrated that day instead of what happened, but every time i go to the track and see fans wearing #3 hats and shirts and to see the #3 trailer still selling memoriabelia, it takes me back to a time when he was here, doing what he loved.
again you are welcome

Since: Mar 07

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#640
Nov 26, 2007
 
I hope all you Junior fans had a great Thanksgiving. My family and I went to Milpitas California From Winnemucca Nevada a 6hr drive and I did not get my Turkey I was craving all week long. That is OK there is always Christmas. Junior fans rock!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Sep 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#641
Nov 26, 2007
 
marty from catty wrote:
i am glad to see dale step out of the #8 car and get a fresh start next season, and i was overwelmed to win a trip from cat country 96 and go to see the final race, and to see him drive the final race with DEI. also ricky rudd had his final start and the championship went down to the last race also made it even more exciting to be there. i was hoping to see kurt busch pull it out especially since miller lite sponsored our trip, and they know how to throw one ---- of a party, but coming in second was respectable.
i didnt want to see dale end the season by getting spun out right in front of us, and getting spun later in the race also but i know dale is an awesome driver and when he gets the car under him like he used to get, look out cause hes gonna drive the wheels off of that thing
there is no doubt that if you are a fan of racing that you will ever forget the #3 or the #8 drivers, they both brought so much to motorsports and the legacy of dale sr will be carried thru dale jr.
i could not even begin to imagine how dale jr was able to cope with his dads death and continue racing on the same tracks his dad dominated for so many years. he was very young at that time and his dad is sitting up there saying how proud he is of jr. and then to come back and win at daytona just months after dale sr died was bittersweet to say the least.
i wish the #8 was allowed to be kept by the man who made it famous, and i am not sure about the details over it but we will be there next season cheering you on in the #88, and we all hold dear the memory of the dominator,you both are awesome
YES JR IS A GREAT DRIVER, HE WAS CARRING A LOT ON HIS SHOULDERS THIS RACE SEASON, BUT HE STILL TRIED TO TO DO THE RIGHT THING FOR HIS FANS AN SPONSORS... BUT I THINK HE GOT THAT FROM HIS DAD...JMO....HE WILL ALWAYS BE MY DRIVER OF CHOICE..NOTHING AGAINST ANY OF THE OTHER THEY ARE GOOD TO..NEXT YEAR SHOULD BE VERY INTERESTING..

“Save the drama fer yer mama!!!”

Since: Mar 07

North Cackalacky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#642
Nov 26, 2007
 
Welcome back BMXMom!!!! Glad you had a good trip, sorry about the turkey.
BestBMXMom wrote:
I hope all you Junior fans had a great Thanksgiving. My family and I went to Milpitas California From Winnemucca Nevada a 6hr drive and I did not get my Turkey I was craving all week long. That is OK there is always Christmas. Junior fans rock!!!!!!!!!!

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#643
Nov 26, 2007
 
BestBMXMom wrote:
I hope all you Junior fans had a great Thanksgiving. My family and I went to Milpitas California From Winnemucca Nevada a 6hr drive and I did not get my Turkey I was craving all week long. That is OK there is always Christmas. Junior fans rock!!!!!!!!!!
Well i sure hope ya get that bird on Xmas! lol.. Mine was wonderful.. Jr.Rules!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 32
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ward Burton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NASCAR Biz: Junior still in the headlines; Ward... (Dec '10) Jan '11 Smoke 72
NASCAR Biz: Sweet Baboo starts up front but doe... (Oct '10) Oct '10 The Fat and the F... 5
I want fries with my burger (Oct '09) Jan '10 Bud9 177
Where s Ward Burton now? (Oct '09) Oct '09 Cleo Gray 1
Nobis: The wedding must go on, in spite of the ... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Mike Foligno 3
ABC 13 - Jeb Burton Making His Mark (May '09) Jul '09 wildliferacer 2
It's all about Junior a " for reals (Jun '09) Jun '09 Honest Police 135

Search the Ward Burton Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••