Drivers begin to shuffle between ownership groups

Full story: The Paradise Post

Let's shuffle the deck. Let's just try to figure out where Tony Stewart's going to be, if and where Casey Mears will land, if 'Sliced Bread' Joey Logano will move to the Cup series, what's up with Rocket Ryan ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11

“Stewart Wins Another”

Since: Feb 08

canyon country

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2008

Every week it seems like 'powers that be' are running the races. We can never really settle in on the race because it changes in the blink of an eye.

But if thatis the only way the divers who never get mentioned or shown on camera get a glint of spotlight to boost their egos, so be it.

Only one comment, not said in a mean way, the announcing group as a whole, are really lifeless for the most part.

A little enthusiasm or bantering once in a while would keep interests up longer. Every so often there is fun exchanged, but hey sound as if they are covering a golf classic.

But we appreciate them working the races for us, We know it can't be fun and games.

And here are more young racers on he track that could use a 'yo' once in a while.

Every lap of every race we get he driver of #18's name mentioned many times. He is good but so are some of the other, if given a chance.

The media has praised himtothe point he thinks he is untouchable.
Give it a rest for a race. Let him realized he isn't the only one that dons a firesuit --

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2008

Judged:

the driver of the 18 is the points leader.. so that might be why he is mentioned every race.. how about mentioning Jeff, Jimmie and Jr every single daggone lap??? that is what bothers me so much.. but I agree with you. All 43 drivers are good, the equipment is not equal and so some don't have a chance of cracking the top 10 and their sponsors do deserve more said about them. The guys do not seem to be quite so into saying who the champ is going to be this time, making all other 42 drivers nonimportant, they are wondering more about exactly who might be in the 12th spot.. but they do need to cover racing and there is good racing going on, maybe they need to hire cameramen who are fans of the sport to find it.. cuz the guys have to talk about what is on screen. Following the leader, taking up the entire frame is not exciting. We might actually all know why JPM was so mad at Kyle if the cameramen had found it on the track.. that was exciting, I am sure.
Joe

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2008

Debi Does wrote:
the driver of the 18 is the points leader.. so that might be why he is mentioned every race.. how about mentioning Jeff, Jimmie and Jr every single daggone lap??? that is what bothers me so much.. but I agree with you. All 43 drivers are good, the equipment is not equal and so some don't have a chance of cracking the top 10 and their sponsors do deserve more said about them. The guys do not seem to be quite so into saying who the champ is going to be this time, making all other 42 drivers nonimportant, they are wondering more about exactly who might be in the 12th spot.. but they do need to cover racing and there is good racing going on, maybe they need to hire cameramen who are fans of the sport to find it.. cuz the guys have to talk about what is on screen. Following the leader, taking up the entire frame is not exciting. We might actually all know why JPM was so mad at Kyle if the cameramen had found it on the track.. that was exciting, I am sure.
I don't see why you think they focus on the leader all that much. I find it the opposite, they only occasionally show the leader and are constantly showing "battles" for a spot back in the field. What gets tiring to me is how everything is a battle.

I agree that there are several good drivers in Nascar, and some are hampered by the team they drive for. I will point out though that even with the same equipment the drivers are far from equal. I look at how much better the 18 is this year than last, and how much worse the 5 is. If anything, I think the equipment is much closer to equal than the drivers. I don't agree that just because a team is on the track they deserve to get air time for their sponsors. Who cares what the battle for 40th place is like.
Legal20Fan

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2008

Judged:

That was my pet peeve with the Fox coverage. You knew the top 5 in every race. After that, the other guys might as well not even have shown up.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2008

Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see why you think they focus on the leader all that much. I find it the opposite, they only occasionally show the leader and are constantly showing "battles" for a spot back in the field. What gets tiring to me is how everything is a battle.
I agree that there are several good drivers in Nascar, and some are hampered by the team they drive for. I will point out though that even with the same equipment the drivers are far from equal. I look at how much better the 18 is this year than last, and how much worse the 5 is. If anything, I think the equipment is much closer to equal than the drivers. I don't agree that just because a team is on the track they deserve to get air time for their sponsors. Who cares what the battle for 40th place is like.
well, I have to say that you are right... they usually follow the 24, 48 and 88.. no matter where they are on the track... LOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2008

Judged:

when I am at a track, sometimes it is a bore to watch the leader, so I look back in the pack to find some racing.. and just like high school basketball, it can be better than pro back there in the pack.
Carolyn

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2008

Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure those sponsors shell out plenty of money to have their names on the cars. Don't they deserve some camera time?

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2008

Judged:

justanother20fan wrote:
Every week it seems like 'powers that be' are running the races. We can never really settle in on the race because it changes in the blink of an eye.
But if thatis the only way the divers who never get mentioned or shown on camera get a glint of spotlight to boost their egos, so be it.
Only one comment, not said in a mean way, the announcing group as a whole, are really lifeless for the most part.
A little enthusiasm or bantering once in a while would keep interests up longer. Every so often there is fun exchanged, but hey sound as if they are covering a golf classic.
But we appreciate them working the races for us, We know it can't be fun and games.
And here are more young racers on he track that could use a 'yo' once in a while.
Every lap of every race we get he driver of #18's name mentioned many times. He is good but so are some of the other, if given a chance.
The media has praised himtothe point he thinks he is untouchable.
Give it a rest for a race. Let him realized he isn't the only one that dons a firesuit --
We did hear nothing but Jr this and Jr that at the beginning of the year. They'll move on eventually but welcome to what it feels like to be a fan of someone other than JR.

“Fat Azz Lady!”

Since: Apr 08

Look to the Western Sky!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2008

Shouldn't you be working? LOL!!

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2008

Judged:

ILUVKCO88 wrote:
Shouldn't you be working? LOL!!
Work??? WTF is work??? I'm waiting on other people. That's pretty typical these days.
Ward fan forever

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

If Ward were driving, I might be able to stand the constant focus on the 18, 24, 48 and 88.

While these are all good drives, I like to see some of the cars. And when a car goes down a few laps, unless he is one of "the" drivers, would they please let us know why.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ward Burton Discussions

Search the Ward Burton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NASCAR Biz: Junior still in the headlines; Ward... (Dec '10) Jan '11 Smoke 72
NASCAR Biz: Sweet Baboo starts up front but doe... (Oct '10) Oct '10 The Fat and the Furious 5
I want fries with my burger (Oct '09) Jan '10 Bud9 177
Where s Ward Burton now? (Oct '09) Oct '09 Cleo Gray 1
Nobis: The wedding must go on, in spite of the ... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Mike Foligno 3
ABC 13 - Jeb Burton Making His Mark (May '09) Jul '09 wildliferacer 2
It's all about Junior a " for reals (Jun '09) Jun '09 Honest Police 135
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••