Baldwin to field own team, will run Toyotas in 2009

Full story: NASCAR Winston Cup Scene

Tommy Baldwin announced on Tuesday that he has established a new Sprint Cup Series team and Tommy Baldwin Racing will compete full time in 2009.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13

“Sprint Cup Series Champion”

Since: Nov 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Is this a joke?
no relation

Pompton Plains, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

He wants to get into this right now? A month before Daytona he thinks he can pull it off? I wish him luck I reckon he has a sponsor already. Good luck Tommy you'll need it.

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

He's going ahead with it. He must have brass balls.
NOTSO OLD SCHOOL

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

Judged:

Tommy and WARD won theDaytona 500 against much better funded teams.. BRING BACK WARD
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2009

I wonder if this is the first of the several teams that NASCAR will need and see funded enough to make sure that there will be 43 car full fields for the races in 09? Report is that NASCAR will need and or assist as many as 6 to 7 teams in order to keep car count up to the TV standard of 43 car "Full Fields" with perhaps a car or two to send home to make the TV fans think that there is actual competition to make the fields.

“Obama Express”

Since: Dec 06

yes we can*health reform**

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2009

Judged:

to bad'''' another jap car'''' yuck'''''''''''''''''''
leon ward

Williamsport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2009

Judged:

NOTSO OLD SCHOOL wrote:
Tommy and WARD won theDaytona 500 against much better funded teams.. BRING BACK WARD
Ward Burton is still a good driver. His last two teams stunk. A good team should still give him a chance. Sorry but he is as good as Jeff, given a chance he would prove it.

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2009

anderson 24 wrote:
to bad'''' another jap car'''' yuck''''''''''
That is really racist Andy. Toyotas are made in the US.
twins

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2009

18chick wrote:
<quoted text>
That is really racist Andy. Toyotas are made in the US.
Your butt so big, that when you were born, the doctor said "Congratulations! Twins!"

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2009

twins wrote:
<quoted text>Your butt so big, that when you were born, the doctor said "Congratulations! Twins!"
Haha, Good One Bmphead. What happened, did your parole officer let you off with a warning?
Avenger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2009

I think this is a good thing. Who knows what talent is out there but can't get in because of all the "Superteams"? And I don't just mean drivers. This is the PERFECT time for a small team to make an impression. Less cars means less competition and more chance of making the race. Hendrick, Roush, Childress, they all started out small. Best of luck to Tommy Baldwin Racing.

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2009

Avenger wrote:
I think this is a good thing. Who knows what talent is out there but can't get in because of all the "Superteams"? And I don't just mean drivers. This is the PERFECT time for a small team to make an impression. Less cars means less competition and more chance of making the race. Hendrick, Roush, Childress, they all started out small. Best of luck to Tommy Baldwin Racing.
put the pipe down
Not Even Old School

Urbandale, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

leon ward wrote:
<quoted text> Ward Burton is still a good driver. His last two teams stunk. A good team should still give him a chance. Sorry but he is as good as Jeff, given a chance he would prove it.
Your damn right, Ward has always had incredible talent, but no team to show for it, i think his time is running out though, no one will give him a chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ward Burton Discussions

Search the Ward Burton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NASCAR Biz: Junior still in the headlines; Ward... (Dec '10) Jan '11 Smoke 72
NASCAR Biz: Sweet Baboo starts up front but doe... (Oct '10) Oct '10 The Fat and the Furious 5
I want fries with my burger (Oct '09) Jan '10 Bud9 177
Where s Ward Burton now? (Oct '09) Oct '09 Cleo Gray 1
Nobis: The wedding must go on, in spite of the ... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Mike Foligno 3
ABC 13 - Jeb Burton Making His Mark (May '09) Jul '09 wildliferacer 2
It's all about Junior a " for reals (Jun '09) Jun '09 Honest Police 135
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••