JJ's too boring to win the championship

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

It's not that I don't want Jimmie Johnson to win the championship. Jimmie and my Sweet Baboo seem to have buried the bullet after JJ took out Elliott Sadler, who would love me if he knew me, in a race a coupla ...
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Nov 13, 2008
Chris in NYC

United States

#1 Nov 7, 2008
Enogh of the JJ bashing. This is tiring. Too corporate, too cool. Too corporate, not a problem - refined behavior reflects well on the sponsor you represent. Too cool, no its called having an even temper. I'm glad he's not some trash talking brat. Or a temper driven psychopath.

Ward Burton, one of my favorite drivers, epitomized a gentlman of the sport - for having alot in common with JJ. Soft spoken, a family man, an evironmentalist on top of all that.

So you cant have it both ways. Lighten up on JJ because thfuture of the sport is more with him than with Vile Kyle or Tony the Tiger.

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#2 Nov 7, 2008
Sorry dude, couldn't fisish your article as it was to BORING!***Yaaawwwn***
zzzzzzzz.zzzzzzzzzzz.zzzzzzzzz .zzzzzzzzzz.zzzzzzzz
Go Jimmie!

“Life is EXACTLY what u make it”

Since: Aug 08

Hershey, PA...chillin' in SC!

#3 Nov 7, 2008
tell ya what, i am NO JJ fan by any means, but there was an article on nascar.com that gave me a little more respect for the guy. talking about the meager means he came from and he seems to be very intelligent. He knows how to work the sponsors and get the most marketing he can. but there is still SOMETHING i dont like about him, can't quite put my finger on it yet though.

“LOVE my BLUE DEVILS”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4 Nov 8, 2008
Love Jimmie Johnson; think he's great
think about it

Valparaiso, IN

#5 Nov 9, 2008
Take Chad away and it will be like Jeff without Ray and (I hate to say this, it breaks my heart) Tony without Zippy...They are awesome drivers, but they are nothing without an awesome crew chief.

Since: May 07

Ayrshire, IA

#6 Nov 9, 2008
Hate to stir the pot (no attacks please) but what is up with Chad and JJ with the hair? Did they go to the hair club or something?

P.S.- I like them both. If JJ couldn't have made it as a driver he was going to be a fireman. Admirable since my relatives have a combined 85 years as firemen.

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#7 Nov 9, 2008
theo wrote:
Hate to stir the pot (no attacks please) but what is up with Chad and JJ with the hair? Did they go to the hair club or something?
P.S.- I like them both. If JJ couldn't have made it as a driver he was going to be a fireman. Admirable since my relatives have a combined 85 years as firemen.
Hair club for men.. I was thinking the same thing as I saw Casey Mears walking across the intro's at Texas. Chad definitley did something.
Sally Mae

Columbus, OH

#8 Nov 9, 2008
Katie in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Hair club for men.. I was thinking the same thing as I saw Casey Mears walking across the intro's at Texas. Chad definitley did something.
I read somewhere that Chad had 'plug' implants then he combs the back up & over. What's up with Jimmie's eyebrows. I think his wife dyes them for him & he needs to have them trimmed. too nasty looking. his ears are probably full of hairs. YUK

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#9 Nov 10, 2008
Sally Mae wrote:
<quoted text>
I read somewhere that Chad had 'plug' implants then he combs the back up & over. What's up with Jimmie's eyebrows. I think his wife dyes them for him & he needs to have them trimmed. too nasty looking. his ears are probably full of hairs. YUK
Jimmie does have a set of brow doesn't he. I am sure with all his money that he has whatever professionally done.
Blue Angel

Berwyn, IL

#10 Nov 10, 2008
Katie in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmie does have a set of brow doesn't he. I am sure with all his money that he has whatever professionally done.
It's rather Bert (of the Bert & Ernie duo) at times! Hee-hee, I just thought of Jimmie and Chad in striped sweaters!
think about it

United States

#12 Nov 10, 2008
theo wrote:
It is some kind of pill that regrows hair starts with an L, I can't remember the exact name, but it was mentioned in an article somewhere.
Blue Angel

Chicago, IL

#13 Nov 11, 2008
So Chad is kind of like a Chia Pet or something?
Vroom

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Nov 11, 2008
Let's face it. Nascar as a whole is boring. Too many cautions for silly stuff, drive like Miss Daisy most of the race, can't race back to the line, can't say anything bad about Nascar without being fined. Once you make legitimate improvements on your car, Bill France says "that's not fair to everyone else!" No wonder they cheat. He's ruined the sport.
rebelle

Knoxville, TN

#15 Nov 11, 2008
Blue Angel wrote:
**spews Diet Dr. Pepper** ROFL

Okay, I'm not going to be able to get that image out of my head for the rest of the day. And now I've got that stupid "Ch-Ch-Chia" jingle from the old commercials stuck in my head too.

“LOVE my BLUE DEVILS”

Location hidden

#16 Nov 11, 2008
Blue Angel wrote:
Too smart to be a chia pet...
Notcar

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Nov 12, 2008
It's not just Jimmy, I agree with Vroom.
The sport has gone south - Earnhardt Sr., before he died, even stated "this isn't racing." The point system is overblown, it's not exciting like it should be. The "lucky dog" is a cop out, the guys don't even earn their position by racing. Drivers(in the chase) whine when someone is racing them hard saying "they should back off" because they aren't racing for the championship. Heck, it's called racing. Everybody deserves a chance to win.
Vroom

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Nov 13, 2008
Amen to that! Now with the car manufacturer's whining they need bailed out, what will happen to this once called "sport"?

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#19 Nov 13, 2008
I think racing is primarily about winning. If somebody has a big personality and finish outside the top 10 every time, well, nice to fill out the field with more cars and its entertaining to see an interview but a class clown is still just a class clown.

Johnson is like, head of his class, well spoken, highly respected, and he's setting the standard by which many other drivers will be rated against. He's the teacher's text book which has all the answers and everyone wants their tests and answer sheets to match.

Hell, we know Chad and Jimmie and the whole #48 team is elite. Boring though? His recent comments during interviews have been quite pleasantly humorous. I heard him say in one that he might come out of his shell a bit. There's personality there but it wont show much while he's got his game face on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ward Burton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NASCAR Biz: Junior still in the headlines; Ward... (Dec '10) Jan '11 Smoke 72
NASCAR Biz: Sweet Baboo starts up front but doe... (Oct '10) Oct '10 The Fat and the F... 5
I want fries with my burger (Oct '09) Jan '10 Bud9 177
Where s Ward Burton now? (Oct '09) Oct '09 Cleo Gray 1
Nobis: The wedding must go on, in spite of the ... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Mike Foligno 3
ABC 13 - Jeb Burton Making His Mark (May '09) Jul '09 wildliferacer 2
It's all about Junior a " for reals (Jun '09) Jun '09 Honest Police 135
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Ward Burton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••