Announcement Expected Wednesday: Sources: Dale Jr. to be 88

Sep 15, 2007 Full story: Charlotte.com 229

“I've done about as good as I can do about narrowing it down and what not”

Dale Earnhardt Jr. will drive the No. 8 next season. In fact, he'll drive two of them.

During a news conference Wednesday in Dallas, Hendrick Motorsports officials will announce Earnhardt Jr. will drive the No. 88 beginning in 2008, the Observer has learned from multiple sources.

The announcement will complete the puzzle to the courtship of the services of NASCAR's most popular driver.

Hendrick officials, as has been the case throughout the process, declined to comment.

Robert Yates Racing currently fields the No. 88 in the Nextel Cup Series and would have to relinquish the number for Hendrick to use it. Yates co-owner Doug Yates did not immediately return a call for comment Friday. Read more

Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Ewporis

AOL

#228 Sep 20, 2007
When did this woman start posting, never seen her before on here and who does she think she is telling all this mess about a flag, I don't believe none of it !!!!!!!!!!
VooDOo

Montgomery, AL

#229 Sep 21, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>Please send Email to topix to have "Dale over rated" removed from this site. He is a cancer and has done nothing but stir up trouble constantly.
Yeah, because it would be really hard to change his name and come on here again. Come on man!

Since: Aug 07

United States

#230 Sep 21, 2007
Jrsredneckwoman wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Girlie, You know something, Its sad to see so much, But worse to let ourselves as I think I have a tad ..fall into it. As i'm sure you know what i've delt with through out the yr's ! LOL But, damn enough is enough! Girlie , Have a great weekend, Hugs,smiles
I know what you mean. I was pretty miffed at myself for letting a few get to me as well. However, we're only human, right? It was a lot more fun when something funny was said in retort to them and we didn't let them upset us.

You have a good weekend too Jrw. I have to deal with people like this and worse on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, uggghhh! I'll just think funny thoughts in my head about them. BTW, are you able to travel for the start of next season? That would be great if we could all meet up. That's what we could use the new myspace page for.

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#231 Sep 21, 2007
Happy Little Girlie wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean. I was pretty miffed at myself for letting a few get to me as well. However, we're only human, right? It was a lot more fun when something funny was said in retort to them and we didn't let them upset us.
You have a good weekend too Jrw. I have to deal with people like this and worse on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, uggghhh! I'll just think funny thoughts in my head about them. BTW, are you able to travel for the start of next season? That would be great if we could all meet up. That's what we could use the new myspace page for.
Go to WTJW Thread message there for you ! Sure, I can travel! LOL I'm not that darn old yet, I dont think ,I still work,LOL..Love it!

Since: Sep 07

Jacksonville, AR

#232 Sep 21, 2007
Ewporis wrote:
When did this woman start posting, never seen her before on here and who does she think she is telling all this mess about a flag, I don't believe none of it !!!!!!!!!!
YOU KNOW WHAT..YOUR COMMENT MAKES ME SO MAD..THIS IS ALL THE RESPONSE YOU ARE GETTING... BECAUSE THAT WAS DONE FOR ALL THE JR FANS SERVING IN THE FORCES, THAT FLAG WENT IN APRIL,SO DON'T COMMENT ON SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT.

Since: Sep 07

Jacksonville, AR

#233 Sep 21, 2007
I'M OUT OF HERE FOR A WHILE TB, GIRLIE, AN JRW, AND ALL THE GOOD JR FAN.....
Cari01

Louisville, KY

#234 Sep 21, 2007
PeeDee wrote:
<quoted text>Nah you want the village idiot forum. Just follow 01army
Great reply! loved it!

Since: Jun 07

United States

#235 Sep 21, 2007
They are selling the new shirts, etc. for Junior for his new car. I ordered a T-shirt, and sweatshirt today on Nascar.com .

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#236 Sep 21, 2007
Happy Little Girlie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jrw! Well I'm going to look on the bright side of this..... at least I finally set up a private myspace page for us if we ever want to use it to get each others contact info for meeting each other, holiday cards, etc. I don't know if you have a myspace account, but if you do, then we can all work through that. Whatever you do don't post it here. That's why I made it private. Just let me know if I'm on here one night or day if you're going to add to the friends and I'll add you in. I'm gonna let the furry people out soon, have a good night!:D
Awesome ...Now i'll have to figure it out! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travis Kvapil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Junior is on the pole for Daytona 500 (Feb '11) Feb '11 Barnabus 63
Lap-by-Lap (Jun '10) Jun '10 Raising Kahne 6
33 teams on preliminary Truck entry list for Na... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Erin 3
Kvapil Races Hard In Food City 500 (Mar '09) May '09 Race fan Dan 4
David Gilliland: Out at Yates? (Jan '09) Mar '09 Gordon24 23
NEMCO Motorsports and Travis Kvapil news ... (Feb '09) Feb '09 don 1
Best NASCAR Sprint Cup paint scheme of 2008 (Dec '08) Feb '09 Matt 4
More from around the web