Dale Earnhardt Jr. looking for speed at The Glen amid worst qualifying performance of season

Aug 7, 2010 Full story: Scene Daily 38

Dale Earnhardt Jr. will start 40th on Sunday at Watkins Glen. WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
redrum

Lake George, NY

#21 Aug 9, 2010
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it used to be paying, but Still I am not a member.
Ya rite. You are so full of bull shit,You are a member and just don't want to admit it. Tell Ski that.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#22 Aug 9, 2010
redrum wrote:
<quoted text>Ya rite. You are so full of bull shit,You are a member and just don't want to admit it. Tell Ski that.
Nope. Not a member and never will be. The kiddy table is waiting for you.
Duh

Columbus, OH

#23 Aug 9, 2010
I like Jr but I don't think his heart/mind is in the racing as it used to be. Did anyone notice, the announcers did not mention him Sunday?. they are not good announcers anyway. I do like Jr, he seems real/honest person. no frills.
Booo Jooonyer

Evansville, IN

#24 Aug 9, 2010
Duh wrote:
I like Jr but I don't think his heart/mind is in the racing as it used to be. Did anyone notice, the announcers did not mention him Sunday?. they are not good announcers anyway. I do like Jr, he seems real/honest person. no frills.
Jooonyer is committed, he tries harder than anyone he says. Since he says this, there is only one obvious conclusion tat can be drawn, he has a lack of talent. Everything around jooonyer has changed and the results haven't, it's his inability to drive that's the problem.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#25 Aug 10, 2010
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a member of The Junior nation, just a stalker.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Smalltown New York

#26 Aug 10, 2010
Booo Jooonyer wrote:
<quoted text>
Jooonyer is committed, he tries harder than anyone he says. Since he says this, there is only one obvious conclusion tat can be drawn, he has a lack of talent. Everything around jooonyer has changed and the results haven't, it's his inability to drive that's the problem.
Where did you hear that The Junior is committed and tries harder than anyone?
He has said that he is a slacker and doesn't want to try hard to be good at racing...
http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2010/08/i...

He is a mediocre race driver at best. He is not committed. Only The Junior nation believes otherwise.

“Just quit jr.”

Since: Aug 09

WVU

#27 Aug 10, 2010
The media having picked up on the inability of jr to compete on a weekly basis and therefore giving him less exsposure, I do look for TV ratings to go up slightly even though football season is ready to start. The total blame on NASCAR's slide in the ratings and empty seats is not all the fault of the economy. After NASCAR's failed attempt to promote jr at Daytona in the 3 car (even though they are still trying to pawn off all that premade merchandise) I do think that NASCAR will finally get on the ball and dump jr, something that should have been done a long time ago. Having jr posing with JJ, Jeff, and Tony as "front men" of NASCAR is a total farce. jr just doesn't have it!!

Location hidden

#28 Aug 10, 2010
Ski wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a member of The Junior nation, just a stalker.
Nope, Not a stalker either.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#29 Aug 10, 2010
Let's look at Jr.'s year objectively, he's sitting in 16th in points, 121 out of 12th place. To put that in perspective though, he's right behind Jamie McMurray, who has won the two biggest races of the year and by everyone's account is having a "great" year. Jr. is also right ahead of Kasey Kahne, who is widely recognized as one of the top drivers in the sport. Jr. is also three spots ahead of the this past weekend's winner who was driving CGR/DEI "junk". So, where does this really leave Jr? I'd say if his last name was Jones people would be saying things like, "You know that old Jones boy ain't having such a bad year". But, his last name is Earnhardt, so because he isn't spinning someone out, punting someone into the cheap seats or making a daring move on the last lap to win, he's a POS. The truth is, he's an average driver that happens to be the son of a famous driver that was a close friend of Bill Frances and got away with a lot of shit he shouldn't have. He's not the cream of the crop but he's not the bottom of the barrel either. I think that's commonly referred to as "average".
Bob R

Katy, TX

#30 Aug 11, 2010
Whoyakidding wrote:
Let's look at Jr.'s year objectively, he's sitting in 16th in points, 121 out of 12th place. To put that in perspective though, he's right behind Jamie McMurray, who has won the two biggest races of the year and by everyone's account is having a "great" year. Jr. is also right ahead of Kasey Kahne, who is widely recognized as one of the top drivers in the sport. Jr. is also three spots ahead of the this past weekend's winner who was driving CGR/DEI "junk". So, where does this really leave Jr? I'd say if his last name was Jones people would be saying things like, "You know that old Jones boy ain't having such a bad year". But, his last name is Earnhardt, so because he isn't spinning someone out, punting someone into the cheap seats or making a daring move on the last lap to win, he's a POS. The truth is, he's an average driver that happens to be the son of a famous driver that was a close friend of Bill Frances and got away with a lot of shit he shouldn't have. He's not the cream of the crop but he's not the bottom of the barrel either. I think that's commonly referred to as "average".
Difference between Jr and the rest of the "average" drivers is that the others aren't given top billing week in and week out. They are referred to as a champion, even though they've never earned the title. They aren't pictured, front and center, blocking out the champions of the sport, on all the NASCAR ads. The other "average" drivers are considered average. Jr is an "average" driver that is shoved down everybody's throat as the greatest NASCAR champion ever to grace the planet Earth. That is what is driving the real racing fans away.

By the way, I agree with the point you made about Sr. He was a good-ole-boy who got away with a lot more than he should have been allowed to, on and off the track. One has to wonder how many of his wins/championships would have ever happened if he hadn't had NASCAR's powers that be in his back pocket? For that matter, would his "average" driver son have won those two Nationwide championships if Daddy wasn't pulling strings behind the scenes?
WWE CRASHCAR 2010

Florham Park, NJ

#31 Aug 11, 2010
By the way, I agree with the point you made about Sr. He was a good-ole-boy who got away with a lot more than he should have been allowed to, on and off the track. One has to wonder how many of his wins/championships would have ever happened if he hadn't had NASCAR's powers that be in his back pocket? For that matter, would his "average" driver son have won those two Nationwide championships if Daddy wasn't pulling strings behind the scenes?

All so true!
annie

Harrisonburg, VA

#32 Aug 11, 2010
WWE CRASHCAR 2010 wrote:
All so true!
You people have been drinking too much kool-aid!
redrum

Lake George, NY

#33 Aug 11, 2010
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that kiddy table has a reservation for you, and Jr.

Location hidden

#34 Aug 11, 2010
redrum wrote:
<quoted text> I think that kiddy table has a reservation for you, and Jr.
No. I am an adult, and I won't resort to such childish antics as you.
redrum

Lake George, NY

#35 Aug 11, 2010
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I am an adult, and I won't resort to such childish antics as you.
Adult? you were the ass that posted the childish antics, not me.

Location hidden

#36 Aug 11, 2010
redrum wrote:
<quoted text>Adult? you were the ass that posted the childish antics, not me.
Tsk Tsk Tsk, Name calling.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Smalltown New York

#37 Aug 11, 2010
annie wrote:
<quoted text>
You people have been drinking too much kool-aid!
A member of The Junior nation is accusing someone of drinking kool-aid??!!

WOW

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#38 Aug 11, 2010
Bob R wrote:
<quoted text>
Difference between Jr and the rest of the "average" drivers is that the others aren't given top billing week in and week out. They are referred to as a champion, even though they've never earned the title. They aren't pictured, front and center, blocking out the champions of the sport, on all the NASCAR ads. The other "average" drivers are considered average. Jr is an "average" driver that is shoved down everybody's throat as the greatest NASCAR champion ever to grace the planet Earth. That is what is driving the real racing fans away.
I totally agree that it's aggrevating as hell to see the continual flow of media fluff with Jr.'s image front and center however I don't hold that against him. He's not the one that is choosing to give himself the lion's share of the press, that is the decision of NASCAR and the media. The mere circumstances of Jr.'s situation over the 4 or 5 years is proof positive to me that regardless of how hard NASCAR tries, they can't fix the out come of a race. You've never heard Brian France come out and say how bad NASCAR needs anyone else to win. I have a feeling Jr. would be a lot more comfortable if he didn't receive so much attention. NASCAR lost it's biggest cash cow when Dale Sr. died and they have tried every way in the world to re-invent him in Dale Jr. Only one problem, Jr.'s talent level couldn't stay up to the measure of his father. An average driver in a great car will back into a few wins but after a while even that fades.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travis Dassow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Stewart faces an uncertain future Aug 25 CatRod53 11
Danica Patrick Indianapolis result Jul '14 Dwarfica 2
NASCAR penalizes Marcos Ambrose, Casey Mears fo... May '14 Just saying 6
NASCAR's Harvick has the wins, but lacks consis... Apr '14 flatt 3
Dale Earnhardt Jr. brings buzz back, but Nascar... (Mar '14) Mar '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 6
Aloe Blacc to sing national anthem at Daytona 500 (Feb '14) Feb '14 whatever 3
Austin Dillon will drive No. 3 Chevrolet in 201... (Dec '13) Jan '14 SAM 10
•••
•••

Travis Dassow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••