Johnson makes case as 1 of the all-time greats

There are 9 comments on the Nov 19, 2013, Northern Michigan News story titled Johnson makes case as 1 of the all-time greats. In it, Northern Michigan News reports that:

It took Jimmie Johnson just 13 races into his rookie season with Hendrick Motorsports to prove to his team he was a rare talent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northern Michigan News.

whatever

Columbus, OH

#1 Nov 19, 2013
hahhhahahahahahahahahaha
he is arrogant, selfish sob. silly inane boy
Cale 11

Grapevine, TX

#2 Nov 19, 2013
whatever wrote:
hahhhahahahahahahahahaha
he is arrogant, selfish sob. silly inane boy
Jimmie Johnson has never presented and of those traits. Are you trolling or obtuse?
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

#3 Nov 19, 2013
Johnson does things in the car most mortals can't? I had a girlfriend like that once.
Cale 11

Grapevine, TX

#4 Nov 19, 2013
Only once?

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#5 Nov 19, 2013
As a six time champion how could he not be considered one of the great drivers. I guess if you're a dyed in the wool Mark Martin follower, you might try and do some comparisons but alas, there are none. Twenty Five plus years at the cup level and nothing but close. As we all know, close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and nuclear warfare. There is a real possibility that before Johnson's forty first birthday he will be the only eight time cup champion. Damn, that sounds good.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6 Nov 19, 2013
Like it or not, he is one of the best...
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

#7 Nov 20, 2013
Cale 11 wrote:
Only once?
Yeah, I probably should have married her. Unbelievable!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#8 Nov 20, 2013
He will never dethrone Richard Petty as the King because under the old school format that Petty raced under, I don't think Johnson would've made it. As a matter of fact if they still ran the old format, Johnson would only have 2 or 3 and Gordon would've had 5 & 6 by now.

Personally I don't like either one

Since: Sep 13

Grapevine, TX

#9 Nov 20, 2013
I'm going to have to disagree with you RaiderNation.

We can't compare wins in one championship format with the other formats. It doesn't work. Each team tailors their strategy to whatever championship format is in place. If we were racing in the old format, then Johnson's strategy would be different than it is today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travis Dassow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR racer Kyle Larson taken to hospital afte... Apr 1 stewart scott 4
News Jeff Gordon hits NASCAR's Brad Keselowski in pi... Nov '14 Harry Horton 1
News Tony Stewart faces an uncertain future (Aug '14) Aug '14 CatRod53 11
News Danica Patrick Indianapolis result (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dwarfica 2
News NASCAR penalizes Marcos Ambrose, Casey Mears fo... (Apr '14) May '14 Just saying 6
News NASCAR's Harvick has the wins, but lacks consis... (Apr '14) Apr '14 flatt 3
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. brings buzz back, but Nascar... (Mar '14) Mar '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 6
More from around the web