Fear of failure rode with Jr.

Fear of failure rode with Jr.

There are 16 comments on the deseretnews.com story from Jan 29, 2009, titled Fear of failure rode with Jr.. In it, deseretnews.com reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. did not climb into his Sprint Cup car alone last season. He was accompanied by fear.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at deseretnews.com.

half of NASCAR nation

West Roxbury, MA

#1 Jan 29, 2009
He did fail. Average 14th place Finnish with HMS equipment?

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#2 Jan 29, 2009
half of NASCAR nation wrote:
He did fail. Average 14th place Finnish with HMS equipment?
Um, You membrane, he finished 12th. I suggest you read before you post.
Darcie

Cedarburg, WI

#3 Jan 29, 2009
http://sportsdirect.usatoday.com/nascar-racin...

18chick, the other poster was not wrong. Jr's average finish in 2008 was 14th. Yes, he did finish 12th in the points, but where he finished in the points and his average finishing spot for the entire season are totally different. Take a look at the link I posted and you'll see his average start for all races was 10.3 and his average finishing spot was 14.1.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Kyle Universe

#4 Jan 29, 2009
Darcie wrote:
http://sportsdirect.usatoday.c om/nascar-racing/nascar-driver s.aspx?page=/data/nascar/drive rs/2008/driver8.html
18chick, the other poster was not wrong. Jr's average finish in 2008 was 14th. Yes, he did finish 12th in the points, but where he finished in the points and his average finishing spot for the entire season are totally different. Take a look at the link I posted and you'll see his average start for all races was 10.3 and his average finishing spot was 14.1.
I stand corrected. Oh well.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#5 Jan 29, 2009
He He He, somethings never change.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Kyle Universe

#6 Jan 29, 2009
Ok, I am sorry for snapping at you Half of Nascar Nation. I admit, I was wrong. Whoya, you can send me to the corner now.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Kyle Universe

#8 Jan 29, 2009
Southern Man wrote:
Hendrick Motors has tried to clean Earnhardt up ! He is still a redneck! They will never make nascar anything else. I'd like to see it outlawed.
It is poor people that purchase the tickets and forgo many finacial responsibilities to their family members to attend the so called sport.
Well, I don't care if he is redneck or not, I am still a fan! and you are still an idiot.

“Let's go racing!!!!”

Since: Dec 08

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jan 29, 2009
Southern Man wrote:
Hendrick Motors has tried to clean Earnhardt up ! He is still a redneck! They will never make nascar anything else. I'd like to see it outlawed.
It is poor people that purchase the tickets and forgo many finacial responsibilities to their family members to attend the so called sport.
Well darn!!!!!!!!! I really wish someone would tell Uncle Sam I was poor. Son of a Gun want's more money from me every year than you problably make in two years. Idiot posts should be outlawed. I go to many races and I am by no means poor. Crawl back under your bridge troll before you get runover.
Dalesgirl

United States

#10 Jan 29, 2009
Southern Man wrote:
Same can be said about other sports.
Darcie

Cedarburg, WI

#11 Jan 29, 2009
Southern Man wrote:
You don't have a clue. According to the most recent research, 29% of Nascar fans earn between $30,000 and $50,000 a year while 34% of Nascar fans earn between $50,000 and $100,000 and nearly 10% earn over $100,000 a year. I'd hardly call that poor. You obviously haven't been to the infield of a race where fans park their RV's. Most of those things run over $300,000 and up. If you want to play the "take care of family members" card, then you have to indict anyone who attends any professional sport. Do you realize that to take a family of four to ONE baseball game costs on the average $296, and that's not for teams like the Yankees, Cubs or Dodgers who's average price is much higher? That price goes up for NBA games.

Oh, and by the way, a full 60% of Nascar fans have a college education. That's way above the national average. Yeah, we Nascar fans are dumb, under educated, cousin-marrying, low income bozos. NOT
Christy88

San Antonio, TX

#12 Jan 29, 2009
Southern Man wrote:
Redneck? what does " it is poor people that purchase the tickets mean" or did you mean "its the poor people that purchase the tickets" so you know how much I make a year? Really I would love to see my salary compared to yours.

“Let's go racing!!!!”

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Jan 29, 2009
Darcie wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a clue. According to the most recent research, 29% of Nascar fans earn between $30,000 and $50,000 a year while 34% of Nascar fans earn between $50,000 and $100,000 and nearly 10% earn over $100,000 a year. I'd hardly call that poor. You obviously haven't been to the infield of a race where fans park their RV's. Most of those things run over $300,000 and up. If you want to play the "take care of family members" card, then you have to indict anyone who attends any professional sport. Do you realize that to take a family of four to ONE baseball game costs on the average $296, and that's not for teams like the Yankees, Cubs or Dodgers who's average price is much higher? That price goes up for NBA games.
Oh, and by the way, a full 60% of Nascar fans have a college education. That's way above the national average. Yeah, we Nascar fans are dumb, under educated, cousin-marrying, low income bozos. NOT
You go girl:)

“Let's go racing!!!!”

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Jan 29, 2009
Christy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Redneck? what does " it is poor people that purchase the tickets mean" or did you mean "its the poor people that purchase the tickets" so you know how much I make a year? Really I would love to see my salary compared to yours.
Now this dip stick is on cafe as Carolina Class. You can tell same dumb attitude. I we should make a run over there and spank him again. Sheesh! What a loser.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#15 Jan 30, 2009
Southern Man wrote:
How do you know who is poor and who is not? I go to nascar races and I take care of my finacial responsibilities. I don't need someone
who is probley on welfare calling me a redneck either. I feel sorry for you haters that do not know what's going on in the real world....

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#16 Jan 30, 2009
snow wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know who is poor and who is not? I go to nascar races and I take care of my finacial responsibilities. I don't need someone
who is probley on welfare calling me a redneck either. I feel sorry for you haters that do not know what's going on in the real world....
Hey gal, don't mean to butt in here..but I was just wondering if you would like to play in the nascar pool we have ..if so it is posted on the Junior Nation where are you thread. We would love to have you join in.:)

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#17 Jan 30, 2009
Jrsredneckwoman wrote:
<quoted text>Hey gal, don't mean to butt in here..but I was just wondering if you would like to play in the nascar pool we have ..if so it is posted on the Junior Nation where are you thread. We would love to have you join in.:)
When I get a little more time I will try and run it down. That sounds like fun. I have got the end of month billing to do today. Preety busy....Will get back to you later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travis Dassow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kenseth addresses No. 88 talk Jul 19 DidPhart 6
News Maybe NASCAR Is Finally Realizing That This 'Ov... Jul 6 ThetPhartss 2
News A chance meeting between an IndyCar and a NASCA... Jun '17 HeyPharts 6
News NASCAR Xfinity: Dash 4 Cash program kicks off a... Mar '17 MorePhartz 2
News Chase Elliott wins Daytona pole as NASCAR begin... Mar '17 ThatPharts 4
News Danica Patrick on Twitter trolls: 'They're very... Feb '17 LinkPharter 4
News NASCAR Cup: Dale Earnhardt Jr. joins Clash broa... Feb '17 JoinsPharts 2
More from around the web