Kyle Petty's opinion of Danica

Posted in the Tony Stewart Forum

CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 Jun 28, 2013
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2...

Wow - what a kick in the racesuit pants!

Maybe he's right. It's a given she brings in more $$$ for SHR in marketing than on the track. I'm sure Tony realized that before he signed her contract.

Other than a Daytona 500 pole and fan-voted into the Charlotte All Star Race, which I think are both bogus, her Nascar career is not much to brag about.
martin fan

San Jose, CA

#2 Jun 28, 2013
I think Kyle is right...She is not a racer...She won't win in Nascar.

Just hope Kyle doesn't get canned for saying the truth...
JohnnyDeppFan2

Pensacola, FL

#3 Jun 28, 2013
I disagree with both of you and with the hypocrite Kyle Petty!! He was never much of a racer himself so for him to Say this about Danica is laughable.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#4 Jun 28, 2013
JohnnyDeppFan2 wrote:
I disagree with both of you and with the hypocrite Kyle Petty!! He was never much of a racer himself so for him to Say this about Danica is laughable.
Kyle is entitled to his opinion - which seems to be shared by most Nascar fans.

You are entitled to your opinion - which is what? You criticized Kyle but didn't defend Danica. However, if you do, you should know that you're on the same page with Jr (who she drove for in Nationwide), Harvick (whose future is in Tony's hands), and JJ. I would not want to associated with any of them.
gary w sarver

United States

#5 Jun 28, 2013
kyle is a joke pure & painfully simple.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#6 Jun 29, 2013
Why do some of you insist on shooting the messenger? What did he say everyone doesn't already know?

This is how the driver who made history qualifying on the Daytona 500 pole responded, "It's funny he said I can qualify and not race," she said. "Anyone who has watched what I do knows I'm crap in qualifying. In the races, things go much better."

Her avg starting position this season is 32nd; her avg finish is 26th. Oh yeah, much better Danica!?!
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Jun 29, 2013
JohnnyDeppFan2 wrote:
I agree his own daddy fired him from racing. He just needs to shut up. He could not drive and I doubt that he brought in much to his car owner. Danica is none of his nosy business. She does as well driving as he does in the booth....lol
JohnnyDeppFan2

Pensacola, FL

#8 Jun 29, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
Why do some of you insist on shooting the messenger? What did he say everyone doesn't already know?
This is how the driver who made history qualifying on the Daytona 500 pole responded, "It's funny he said I can qualify and not race," she said. "Anyone who has watched what I do knows I'm crap in qualifying. In the races, things go much better."
Her avg starting position this season is 32nd; her avg finish is 26th. Oh yeah, much better Danica!?!
She is a Rookie, She is learning.
Ron

Satellite Beach, FL

#9 Jun 29, 2013
My feeling on this is that Danica is in her rookie year and is showing discipline that could blossom in the future.
KP on the other hand is a blabber mouth that is so monotonous and boring that I have been finding myself watching the races with the volume on my TV set to mute!!! When there is a rain delay and KP is on I don't bother to wait to watch at all! My wish is that they let him go and find someone that has earned respect as a driver , and has respectfor other drivers.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#10 Jun 29, 2013
Whether you like KP or not doesn't matter. If you want to talk about a driver that's done of lot of nothing, look at DP's record.

I found stats for her that go back to 2002, but even if you only want to start with her Indycar career, that would be 2005. And in 11 years competing in several different racing series, she's had a total of 1 win.

While she might qualify as a rookie this year by Nascar rules, she's actually driven in over 80 ARCA (1), Nationwide (60) and Sprint Cup (20) races since 2010.

It was Richard, not Kyle, Petty that said ‘Lots of drivers can drive fast, but very few drivers can race.’ A 7-time Nascar champion ought to know.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#11 Jun 30, 2013
Who knows? Maybe's Kyle's comments will help her stats? With Nascar kissing her butt, wouldn't it be a coincidence if she would actually win a race?!

She's going to need a win if they want to give her Rookie of the Year. So far this season I don't see any budding superstar. She's has one top 10 (thanks to her amazing Daytona 500 pole qualifying), but with an avg finish of 26 and leading only 5 laps all season - nothing else she would want on her resume.

Meanwhile, the competition for RoY has 15 top 20 finishes, and avg finish of 20 and has led 29 laps.

Oh well, this award isn't such a big deal anyway. IMO, the last recipient to actually do something with his career is Denny Hamlin from 2006.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Stewart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SHR Pit Crews 33 min CatRod53 27
Tony looking good! 14 hr manis yep its me 9
Jeff Gordon to retire Jan 24 Die Smoke Die Gue... 12
Stewart, Larson spend time with troops Jan 24 GO TONY GO 4
Kurt Busch Allegations Jan 20 Die Smoke Die Gue... 5
This race fan is 'bummed' (Feb '12) Jan 7 NASCAR lover 18 92
NASCAR Sprint Cup's Ricky Stenhouse Enters Batt... Dec '14 nelson 1
More from around the web