Countdown to Daytona 2013

Posted in the Tony Stewart Forum

CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 Jan 13, 2013
Here's hoping for better weather on race day so they can run the race on schedule, and although I don't have very high hopes, it would be nice for Tony to win the Daytona 500 this year.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#2 Feb 15, 2013
They can't even practice w/o a multi-car pile up. This might be a long race, and I wonder how many cars will be around at the finish?

“Smokennnnn!!!!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#3 Feb 16, 2013
Go Tonyyyy.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#4 Feb 17, 2013
When only 19 cars start a race, you can't afford "a big one".

I still don't like the new Nascar.com website. I don't care about Danica Patrick's love life and think msn fox sports did a much better job covering the Sprint Unlimited.

I'll be home recovering from surgery Thursday - this will be the first time I've ever been able to watch the Duels live.
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#5 Feb 17, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
When only 19 cars start a race, you can't afford "a big one".
I still don't like the new Nascar.com website. I don't care about Danica Patrick's love life and think msn fox sports did a much better job covering the Sprint Unlimited.
I'll be home recovering from surgery Thursday - this will be the first time I've ever been able to watch the Duels live.
Good luck on your surgery and hope you have a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted as to how you are coming along. Take care.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#6 Feb 17, 2013
Carolyn wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck on your surgery and hope you have a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted as to how you are coming along. Take care.
I really appreciate your thoughtfulness Carolyn, and will be back on the PC first chance I'm up to it. Hope all is well with your family.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#7 Feb 17, 2013
Nascar is proud to announce that history was made today and DP is the first female to capture a Cup pole. I think most fans are saying "seriously"?

Stats are not on her side, the last time a pole sitter won the Daytona 500 was 2000. But, she could always have a Trevor Bayne moment.

What little I've read the past week is all about her, but I don't think she has or ever will have a big fan base. Looks to me like Nascar is trying to choose the fans' next favorite. It didn't work with JJ and it won't work with her. Fans can make up their own minds. jmo
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#8 Feb 21, 2013
Before the Duels I heard Kyle Petty say today 26 cars had been wrecked in practices. I was expecting more action and actually thought they were boring. I could blame it on my meds, but I fell asleep during the second race.
48 SUCKS

Falls Church, VA

#9 Feb 22, 2013
and NASCAR listens to the fans once again to HURT the "sport"... the duels will be run at night next year.. next year they will RACE after NEVER having RACE condition until RACE day??? more absurdity from NASCAR
manic 2

Manchester, CT

#10 Feb 22, 2013
48 SUCKS wrote:
and NASCAR listens to the fans once again to HURT the "sport"... the duels will be run at night next year.. next year they will RACE after NEVER having RACE condition until RACE day??? more absurdity from NASCAR
Do you ever use your brain ???? When R the duels run????? When most of the fans {{{R AT WORK}} Why not have the duels at a time when fans R able to attend OR be home to watch it on TV.NOW THAT IS REALLY HARD TO FIGURE OUT!!!
GO TONY GO

Elk Grove Village, IL

#11 Feb 22, 2013
How are you feeling CatRod better I hope.
manic 2

Manchester, CT

#12 Feb 22, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
Before the Duels I heard Kyle Petty say today 26 cars had been wrecked in practices. I was expecting more action and actually thought they were boring. I could blame it on my meds, but I fell asleep during the second race.
I think drivers main concern was saving their cars.They R talking about it now on SN. The biggest wrecks will be entering & exiting the pits. Hope you heal fast.
manic 2

Manchester, CT

#13 Feb 22, 2013
YUCK > Rain a Possibility for Daytona 500
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#14 Feb 24, 2013
GO TONY GO wrote:
How are you feeling CatRod better I hope.
Thank you - I appreciate the good thoughts - please keep them coming. I'm having some complications and spent yesterday afternoon in the ER. Calling surgeon tomorrow for unplanned post op appt. Just a setback, I expect full recovery to take 4-6 weeks.

Did you enjoy the race? Even though SHR had 2 teams in the top 10, it didn't turn out like I thought it would.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Stewart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nascar Babies 21 hr CatRod53 2
Go Daddy is Going Bye Bye Danica May 14 CatRod53 21
Chase Elliott May 12 GUESS WHO 10
Glad we're not in Kansas anymore May 10 CatRod53 1
Tony looking good! May 6 Guess who 66
News NASCAR: Earnhardt upset with Stewart after tang... Apr 28 tom wingo 4
Seve Byrnes has passed away Apr 22 GO TONY GO 6
More from around the web