darian fired????

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#21 Nov 21, 2011
I'm guessing that Darian's contract may expire at the end of this year andI think the decision to not bring Darian back next year may have had something to do with the horrible car they had at Dover and the bad change they made to the car in Kansas. After winning the championship I hope Tony and management will change their mind and keep him either as Tony's CC or Danica's or move him to comp. director.
debrobeaudean

Upper Marlboro, MD

#22 Nov 22, 2011
Cleo wrote:
Well, Debi..would you stand by someone who fired you? Seriously, would you?
I wouldn't.
Cleo, why do you believe those LAME news reports from the people Tony completely disrespects?? I GUARENTEE you Darian will be with SHR in some manner... competition director?? I don't know.. but there is NO way he is being fired.. why on Earth you jump on the negative ship the second you can is beyond me.. if you continue to listen to Larry Mc talk etc,, Darian is NOT going to be fired..And HALF the hard deal of making calls early in this season was because they WERE completely risky...It took more than half a year to finally get Tony to TRUST pit strtegy as a way to win a race. Darian and Matt Borland are GENIUSes who gave Tony the other bullet in a double chamber now.. best pit strategy with the BEST driver
debrobeaudean

Upper Marlboro, MD

#23 Nov 22, 2011
I do not know if Tony has become more religious this year too.. He gave God credit for a couple of miracles that went their way on Sunday. NASCAR NOT getting involved in the end of that race and telling the other drivers to behalve was the best thing that has happened in any sport in decades..the week prior, Tony figured there would be a late caution.. this past week, Carl hoped for one..IF NASCAR CAN butt out,, this is going to only get better and better each week for REAL racers.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#24 Nov 22, 2011
Debi you can't GUARANTEE that Darian will be at SHR next year. You're not part of the management team. Tony said in an interview yesterday that they will need to sit down and decided the direction they want to go and what Darian's role will be, if any. I think he knows how it looks to let a CC go that just led you to a championship but he has to look at the big picture and what happened all year long.

I like Darian but I'm going to trust that Tony knows what he's doing and will do what he thinks it best for the entire company.

“I am the Illuminati :):) ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#25 Nov 22, 2011
debrobeaudean wrote:
I do not know if Tony has become more religious this year too.. He gave God credit for a couple of miracles that went their way on Sunday. NASCAR NOT getting involved in the end of that race and telling the other drivers to behalve was the best thing that has happened in any sport in decades..the week prior, Tony figured there would be a late caution.. this past week, Carl hoped for one..IF NASCAR CAN butt out,, this is going to only get better and better each week for REAL racers.
Debi the words being {{{{{FIRED}}}}} is very harsh . When was the last time the word FIRED was used in Nascar. They say the driver or crew chief has been told they have been released or will not be coming back!!The words FIRED is like being kicked in the stomach.people need to remember one thing Tony is not the only person calling the shoots at SHR Gene could have played a part in the decision .And it could also been a sponsors request. But I still say the word Fired is cold very cold.
Cleo

Marquette, MI

#26 Nov 22, 2011
debrobeaudean wrote:
<quoted text>Cleo, why do you believe those LAME news reports from the people Tony completely disrespects?? I GUARENTEE you Darian will be with SHR in some manner... competition director?? I don't know.. but there is NO way he is being fired.. why on Earth you jump on the negative ship the second you can is beyond me.. if you continue to listen to Larry Mc talk etc,, Darian is NOT going to be fired..And HALF the hard deal of making calls early in this season was because they WERE completely risky...It took more than half a year to finally get Tony to TRUST pit strtegy as a way to win a race. Darian and Matt Borland are GENIUSes who gave Tony the other bullet in a double chamber now.. best pit strategy with the BEST driver
Darian himself said that he was out of a job on Monday, Debi. Doesn't show me that SHR truly appeciates his talent. How many other c.c. and driver combo's from the start have made the chase each of the past three years?

I do hope that SHR realizes that if they let Darian go, they are letting one half of their winning team go..and they deserve to have bad karma. However, I think that he is indeed gone, but not unemployed for long. He'd be a great c.c. for Penske, or RCR.(anyone but a toyota team.)

Location hidden

#27 Nov 22, 2011
1st I know this is old news. But this is how a team with class & respect lets a person go.

Lee Spencer

From Penske Racing President Tim Cindric : Steve Addington is no longer with out organization. We appreciate the successes we experienced together and wish him the best in his future endeavors.#nascar

Location hidden

#28 Nov 22, 2011
scenedaily SceneDaily.com
Pocky's Paddock: Crew chief shuffle begins for Sprint Cup teams scenedai.ly/roWbB5 #nascar
debrobeaudean

Meriden, CT

#29 Nov 22, 2011
NASCAR hub tracker on the bottom says Addington WILL go to SHR.. wonder which team???
debrobeaudean

Meriden, CT

#30 Nov 22, 2011
Tony still will not clear the air about Darian's future..
debrobeaudean

Meriden, CT

#31 Nov 22, 2011
Tony is taking 160 SHR employees to Vegas for the banquet... that is so cool
debrobeaudean

Meriden, CT

#32 Nov 22, 2011
Dillner says Addington will be TONY's Crew Cheif next year!!! that will be a WINNING combination.. and Dillner says they wanted Zippy to be competition director at SHR but JGR will not let him out of his contract for that job at SHR,, so Darian could be the competition director at SHR..I wonder... is Zippy not being set free what is wrong with that 20 team?? Joe oughtta let him GO!!!
debrobeaudean

Meriden, CT

#33 Nov 22, 2011
Holy COW,they just showed the U joint from Kurt's car that had been inside the radiator duct work of the 14 car... it WAS a MIRACLE that Tony finished that race at all..Thank God for that miracle as Tony said it was
debrobeaudean

Meriden, CT

#34 Nov 22, 2011
This is going to be a really good banquet... finally
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#35 Nov 22, 2011
debrobeaudean wrote:
Tony still will not clear the air about Darian's future..
I wish this whole story would come out. Everything I've read says Darian was told at the beginning of the Chase he would not be back as Tony's crew chief - this indicates it was Tony's idea, not Darian's or a mutual agreement. Tony was depressed about the way the season was going and probably thought he was doing Darian a favor by giving him 10 weeks notice. Darian and the entire 14 team rebounded to give Tony the season every driver only dreams of. Tony needs to man up starting with an apology and end with an offer Darian can't refuse.

I also haven't seen anything that says he is out of SHR - but would he consider any other position a demotion? That's a kick in the gut for getting Tony into the Chase all 3 yrs and reserving his seat at the head table this year.

I think any speculation about Zippy is just that. Even with everything Tony put him through when he drove for JGR, Zippy loves and respects Tony as a friend and driver - but as a boss? He might not think that's a good career move.
debrobeaudean

Alexandria, VA

#36 Nov 23, 2011
no, last night on NASCAR race hub, Larry Mc Reynolds.. not some reporter who reports RUMORS, said they tried to get Zippy as competition director at SHR but JGR would not let him out of his contract... so,,, Tony will have Addington as his crew cheif and maybe Darian will go to Danica.. surely they are not going to bring Eury Jr over with her..
Biffle the night before said that Matt Borland, who was acting competition director at SHR since Hutchinson was released, deserves credit for the chase performance of the 14 team and that maybe HE wants to get back in the Crew Cheif seat... so,, this is going to be very interesting as the greatest racer gets to assemble his dream organization.. It is obvious watching body language, that Darian is NOT on the outs with Tony... also.. a slide over to be inside the garage back in Charlotte so he could ENJOY his family would NOT be a demotion..but then,, Ryan might want Borland back as his crew cheif and maybe Darian will go over to Danica.... Tony is going to need a partner or 2 for the restrictor plate tracks where he can push one of them to the WIN in February. These are exciting times for our man Smoke!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#37 Nov 23, 2011
Earlier in the year, Eury Jr said that he would like to be on the pit box for Danica in the Cup races as an observer but he had not been approached about being her Cup CC. In all his interviews since Sunday, Tony has evaded the question about Darian's future. Seems clear to me that Darian is not remaining at SHR, although I would like to see him stay there in some capacity. In fact, he has talked to other teams since he was told he is leaving. And, as far as rumors go, I can't think of one NASCAR rumor this year that didn't come true! So, Steve Addington will be Tony's new CC and I think that will be a good thing.
debrobeaudean

Port Deposit, MD

#38 Nov 23, 2011
Tony + Addington is going to be AMAZING IMO
but again, I think Darian will be inhouse at SHR... why would Hendrick and SHR want the SECRETS of "switches" and whatnot to be able to spread to other teams?

Location hidden

#39 Nov 23, 2011
debrobeaudean wrote:
Tony + Addington is going to be AMAZING IMO
but again, I think Darian will be inhouse at SHR... why would Hendrick and SHR want the SECRETS of "switches" and whatnot to be able to spread to other teams?
Debi have U ever seen what it does to a person that has been told YOU R FIRED. NO because u have never worked. Look up how many people in the USA have committed suicide. Because of the depression that sets in when the means of supporting their family is gone .I would be shocked if Grubb stayed with SHR after all the publicity his being fired has received . If Grubb has any pride at all he will tell Smoke to take the job & shove it .And go back to Hendricks. As far as Addington goes or any crew chief tony hires.They will all say the same thing they have stated about every driver they have crew chief for. My driver is the best in Nascar & will get the job done. After all how many times has Steve A. made this statement about Kyle Busch & his Brother Kurt ?????? It is amazing no one on here has ever notice this.This is why I do not trust any of the crew chiefs because they all kiss the azz of what ever team & driver they R working for .JMO

Location hidden

#40 Nov 23, 2011
WOW Debi thanks for bring up Larry Mac!!! There is a pattern developing .Think about it !!!!!! Larry Mac was fired after getting Sr his Daytona 500 win!!! Grubb is fired after getting Smoke his 3rd championship!!!!!!!! And who is SMOKE always being compared to ??? Dale Sr who dies in a violent car wreck & Allen K. who crashed & burned in a plane wreck.Like it or do not like it a pattern is developing .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Stewart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charlotte 6 hr GO TONY GO 12
Nascar Babies May 21 CatRod53 2
Go Daddy is Going Bye Bye Danica May 14 CatRod53 21
Chase Elliott May 12 GUESS WHO 10
Glad we're not in Kansas anymore May 10 CatRod53 1
Tony looking good! May 6 Guess who 66
News NASCAR: Earnhardt upset with Stewart after tang... Apr 28 tom wingo 4
More from around the web