Denny Fined? For What?
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 Mar 8, 2013
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2013...

Why doesn't Nascar just hand out scripts at the drivers meetings of what they can/can not say in interviews?

I hope they at least told him what he was being fined for, because they won't say according to this article.

I don't Nascar is that concerned about their credibiility with the fans - they never have been before - but this is just ridiculous. He shouldn't have to appeal. Nascar should realize how stupid they look and apologize to him.
Trollersaurus

Concord, NC

#2 Mar 8, 2013
Too bad Nascar doesn't understand that Denny just said what, I would imagine, everyone else was thinking. I know that after about 10 laps, I was thinking, oh great, more ant trail racing. :P
48 SUCKS

Falls Church, VA

#3 Mar 8, 2013
I have NEWS for Pemberton, Helton, France etc... YOU are what is Detrimental to the "sport" of NASCAR/... YOU.... Denny informed BLIND people about the cars.. the rest of us SAW it with our own EYES..
the more YOU interfere with actual RACING,, the more YOU shrink the "sport" of NASCAR..
I am among those on their LAST thread with YOU interfering with the DRIVERS and you have lost ALL revenue from ME
48 SUCKS

Falls Church, VA

#4 Mar 8, 2013
If Jeffro had said it,,,, there would have been no fine.. and Kenny Wallace would have gone on for HOURS backing Jeffro up... Kyle Petty actually talked about how BAD the Daytona race was and I appreciated HIS HONESTY... get RID of the tweed suits in NASCAR and let DRIVERS take over running that sport... there are enough past champs and past greats who want to keep the sport legitimate... Let Jeff Burton have Mike Helton's job.. that is what I said last week after his honest interview.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#5 Mar 9, 2013
48 SUCKS wrote:
I have NEWS for Pemberton, Helton, France etc... YOU are what is Detrimental to the "sport" of NASCAR/... YOU.... Denny informed BLIND people about the cars.. the rest of us SAW it with our own EYES..
the more YOU interfere with actual RACING,, the more YOU shrink the "sport" of NASCAR..
I am among those on their LAST thread with YOU interfering with the DRIVERS and you have lost ALL revenue from ME
Well said!

Nascar really needs to rethink this one - JGR, other drivers, and fans all backing Denny!
manic 2

Meriden, CT

#6 Mar 9, 2013
Its just one big publicity stunt. AND IT IS WORKING . LMFAO
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Mar 14, 2013
Denny's case is closed. He did not appeal but Nascar said it will come out of his earnings. I knew he would pay one way or another because Nascar will not let a driver out do them. I still think Nascar should go back and fine Kyle Busch for running the other car down at Bristol.He said more than Denny did.

Since: Feb 12

Sutton, MA

#8 Mar 15, 2013
Does anyone read the bios on drivers from past to present ? Or listen to Buddy Baker joke about his so called fines he received from bill francs Sr & Jr? You people would be totally shocked. Drivers were fined but never we're made to pay!!! Anyone get it?? It's nothing but smoke & mirrors. More importantly its been going on since the beginning of the sport. No matter WHO WAS IN CHARGE.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#9 Mar 16, 2013
manic depressive 2 wrote:
Does anyone read the bios on drivers from past to present ? Or listen to Buddy Baker joke about his so called fines he received from bill francs Sr & Jr? You people would be totally shocked. Drivers were fined but never we're made to pay!!! Anyone get it?? It's nothing but smoke & mirrors. More importantly its been going on since the beginning of the sport. No matter WHO WAS IN CHARGE.
That certainly explains why Nascar can't shake the image of a bunch of fat cats running the show who don't give a rip what anybody thinks. It makes sense now when I think of their ridiculous inconsistencies of who and how they "fine".

Tony compared Nascar to the WWE once. He didn't know, or maybe he did, how spot on that remark was. There are definitely transparent similarities. The WWE is run by a one family monarchy too, and as long as the millions keep rolling in and ratings stay high, why should they care if they screw their own employees and fans?

Since: Feb 12

Derby, CT

#10 Mar 16, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
That certainly explains why Nascar can't shake the image of a bunch of fat cats running the show who don't give a rip what anybody thinks. It makes sense now when I think of their ridiculous inconsistencies of who and how they "fine".
Tony compared Nascar to the WWE once. He didn't know, or maybe he did, how spot on that remark was. There are definitely transparent similarities. The WWE is run by a one family monarchy too, and as long as the millions keep rolling in and ratings stay high, why should they care if they screw their own employees and fans?
Actually NASCAR has become like all major sports . Drivers R given Million dollar contracts .Look at the wives of the past to present. The wives of yesterday did not have 4 - 6 carrot diamond studs in their ears or their fingers. They were not dressed in Designers clothes.( Personally I would like to own Samantha Busch Shoe collection) I LOVE SHOES . More importantly the fines they pay ( IF THEY PAY ) Goes to charity for sick children. And it is pocket change. I would not be surprised if it isn't a write off. I still feel this whole thing was a HOAX . If you really want to punish a driver . Make them sit out races and watch someone else drive their car.<< Now that is REAL PUNISHMENT. Plus it lets a driver know . HOW EASY IT IS FOR THEM TO BE REPLACED. J/S

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Stewart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fanfeedback@nascar.com (Apr '07) 11 hr Bill 442
Contact Nascar Regarding Any/All Issues in Ques... (Aug '07) Mon Pat 53
What Is It With Tony? Sun Guess who is back 27
DEMOCRATS SUCK Ass (Apr '12) Jul 1 Mark 19
Periscope Jun 27 Guess who is back 11
Nascar Babies Jun 25 Hummm 6
Nascar Charities Jun 24 catrod53 1
More from around the web