Contact ESPN about poor race coverage

Posted in the Tony Stewart Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just PassinThru

United States

#1 Aug 7, 2007
Just thought you all would like to know that you can email ESPN concerning their (lack of) race broadcasting. Go to ESPN.com , scroll down to the bottom, click on CONTACT US, select ESPN/ABC Events Coverage, fill in the form and VIOLA! COMPLAINT LODGED! I lodged three submissions worth. Not sure if it will help, but if all race fans unite on this one, then maybe we can get something accomplished before they ruin our beloved sport.

“Jack Daniels 07 Post Daytona”

Since: Feb 07

Newport, KY

#2 Aug 8, 2007
will do!
Just PassinThru

United States

#3 Aug 8, 2007
Thanks...I just hope every other true race fan sees this horrible injustice and speaks their minds as well. Maybe then they'll change things. And they need to get rid of that stupid DRAFT TRACKER. Rusty plays with it too much. He showed the same pass with the same draft tracker three times.......YAWN
VIPWitch3

AOL

#4 Aug 8, 2007
Just PassinThru wrote:
Thanks...I just hope every other true race fan sees this horrible injustice and speaks their minds as well. Maybe then they'll change things. And they need to get rid of that stupid DRAFT TRACKER. Rusty plays with it too much. He showed the same pass with the same draft tracker three times.......YAWN
I'm on it thanks, I also started a thread on how to contact Nascar, please check that out as well. Thanks
Just PassinThru

Dayton, OH

#5 Aug 8, 2007
I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up.
Raceaddict20

Barstow, CA

#6 Aug 9, 2007
Thanks for telling us about this. I sent a note. They need to fix their horrible coverage.
Just PassinThru

United States

#7 Aug 9, 2007
They sent me some acknowledgement email stating that they will be "reviewing" my comments at a later date due to the mass amount of email they receive on a daily basis. Yeah....I'm holding my breath!

I can't believe a SPORTS network can totally butcher a sport like they have done to NASCAR. I hope the drivers start speaking up as well. SOMEBODY needs to say SOMETHING.
EWBS

Burlington, WI

#8 Aug 9, 2007
This is no sports network. Not when they show things like the Spelling Bee and domino tournaments.

“Fan of racing”

Since: Dec 06

Charlotte, NC

#9 Aug 9, 2007
Just PassinThru wrote:
They sent me some acknowledgement email stating that they will be "reviewing" my comments at a later date due to the mass amount of email they receive on a daily basis. Yeah....I'm holding my breath!
I can't believe a SPORTS network can totally butcher a sport like they have done to NASCAR. I hope the drivers start speaking up as well. SOMEBODY needs to say SOMETHING.
I have sent them 4 emails since they took over NONE very pleasing. Never have I received a response. I am glad SPEED will have Quals. back WOOOOHOOO

“Fan of racing”

Charlotte, NC

#10 Aug 9, 2007
VIPWitch3 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on it thanks, I also started a thread on how to contact Nascar, please check that out as well. Thanks
Where I can't find it and I really want to lash out at them for the awful coverage!
Just PassinThru

United States

#11 Aug 9, 2007
ESPN
Extrodinarily
Stupid
People's
Network
I agree...thankfully SPEED having the quals coverage back will help! You know, I never really cared for Rusty when he was racing, but if it would keep him out of the broadcast booth, maybe we should start emailing DEI about signing him? Just a thought...
(yes, I know I'll get slammed for that one...but come on people, sometimes sacrifice is needed!)

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#12 Aug 9, 2007
Just PassinThru wrote:
ESPN
Extrodinarily
Stupid
People's
Network
I agree...thankfully SPEED having the quals coverage back will help! You know, I never really cared for Rusty when he was racing, but if it would keep him out of the broadcast booth, maybe we should start emailing DEI about signing him? Just a thought...
(yes, I know I'll get slammed for that one...but come on people, sometimes sacrifice is needed!)
Rusty was my husbands driver for yr's .,But you know he feels the same way..lol...Rusty stinks ! Not the man for the job !...smiles

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#13 Aug 10, 2007
lol.....But u wanna know something ...smiles
Debi Does

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#14 Aug 11, 2007
qualifying for the busch series now featuring Stephen and Mike Wallace because Rusty is a commentator.. please!!! sprae us!!!
GO JASON WIN ONE FOR CHARLIE!!!!
Need4Speed

United States

#15 Aug 24, 2007
Last week sent everybody scrambling for the remote to find the race,Just to have to hunt for it again 30mins. later.And for what? A @#$% TENNIS GAME!!! Come on people!! Either get your act together or get out of racing!!!

Andrews, TX

#16 Aug 24, 2007
Just PassinThru wrote:
Just thought you all would like to know that you can email ESPN concerning their (lack of) race broadcasting. Go to ESPN.com , scroll down to the bottom, click on CONTACT US, select ESPN/ABC Events Coverage, fill in the form and VIOLA! COMPLAINT LODGED! I lodged three submissions worth. Not sure if it will help, but if all race fans unite on this one, then maybe we can get something accomplished before they ruin our beloved sport.
I am running over there now. Thanks. BTW what is this crap of the last lap not being on T.V. just now?

“GO STEELERS!!!!”

Since: May 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Aug 24, 2007
I just sent one to ESPN about the horrible coverage of tonight's Busch race. I sent another email to NASCAR ([email protected]) about the same thing:

"Dissatisfaction with ESPN's substandard coverage of NASCAR races

To Whom It May Concern:

We are now absolutely and completely disgusted with the coverage ESPN gives to NASCAR races. During the just-ended Busch race at Bristol, not only did ESPN miss a large amount of wrecks and other reasons for cautions, they just had to have a "technical problem" that made them miss the entire finish of the race! We are not paying extra money to our satellite provider to constantly watch replays. This is just a continuation of the pathetic excuse ESPN has tried to pass off as "NASCAR coverage".

Please do us, the fans of NASCAR, an enormous favor and discontinue using ESPN for NASCAR race coverage. They have the worst possible coverage, horrible commentators, and action is constantly being missed from going to commercials. If we want to watch to commercials, we'll turn on the TV at 3 a.m. and watch a Ron Popeil infomercial for the Veg-o-Matic!"

I wonder if they'll be able to tell that we are not happy with ESPN???:-,

“Always watching...”

Since: Aug 07

Tulsa, OK

#18 Aug 24, 2007
Panache wrote:
I just sent one to ESPN about the horrible coverage of tonight's Busch race. I sent another email to NASCAR ([email protected]) about the same thing:
"Dissatisfaction with ESPN's substandard coverage of NASCAR races
To Whom It May Concern:
We are now absolutely and completely disgusted with the coverage ESPN gives to NASCAR races. During the just-ended Busch race at Bristol, not only did ESPN miss a large amount of wrecks and other reasons for cautions, they just had to have a "technical problem" that made them miss the entire finish of the race! We are not paying extra money to our satellite provider to constantly watch replays. This is just a continuation of the pathetic excuse ESPN has tried to pass off as "NASCAR coverage".
Please do us, the fans of NASCAR, an enormous favor and discontinue using ESPN for NASCAR race coverage. They have the worst possible coverage, horrible commentators, and action is constantly being missed from going to commercials. If we want to watch to commercials, we'll turn on the TV at 3 a.m. and watch a Ron Popeil infomercial for the Veg-o-Matic!"
I wonder if they'll be able to tell that we are not happy with ESPN???:-,
You used big words - I don't think they will get it. I am going to try the MRN trick with my Track Pass tomorrow night. I cannot miss Bristol for this garbage. I am glad I did not see it.

Clearly God felt bad for the Wallace house and gave Kenny extra personality to make up for the other two...
Nascar Girly

Key Largo, FL

#19 Aug 24, 2007
2020 Vision: Clearly God felt bad for the Wallace house and gave Kenny extra personality to make up for the other two...

Your vision is perfect, and so is your sense of humor. Thanks for the Friday night laugh.

“Always watching...”

Since: Aug 07

Tulsa, OK

#20 Aug 25, 2007
Nascar Girly wrote:
2020 Vision: Clearly God felt bad for the Wallace house and gave Kenny extra personality to make up for the other two...
Your vision is perfect, and so is your sense of humor. Thanks for the Friday night laugh.
You are very welcome!!! Sad thing is that its true!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Stewart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2016 Season 53 min manic 10
tony's sister pics (Aug '08) Jun 4 David 67
Tony Honored Jun 4 catrod53 6
Nascar allowing unstable drivers to drive. May 31 Jane doe 1
May 20 May 30 manic 8
Showdown Changes May '16 manic 10
Contact Nascar Regarding Any/All Issues in Ques... (Aug '07) May '16 wssns51 62
More from around the web