Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

Please, someone do something about those silly and sometimes stupid Sprint Cup girls. Yes, I know they're supposed to be there for the main sponsor , but after today, seeing the one standing right in the camera with the silly grin on her face, while poor Denny Hamlin is so emotional over his win and his dear grandmother's death, was so wrong. There she is, smiling away like some simp, and Denny is crying and most of his crew are crying, but that bozo girl is just standing there, huge grin on her face, looking like a fool.
Wreckless

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

You are right, Darcie but Sprint pays her to
s-m-i-l-e. There is some benefit to being one, Tony kissed Ann Marie at Indy last year-bringing new meaning to the term "lucky dog."
Teacher14fan

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

Wreckless wrote:
s-m-i-l-e. There is some benefit to being one, Tony kissed Ann Marie at Indy last year-bringing new meaning to the term "lucky dog."
If I'm not mistaken the next win she returned his kiss with just as much surprise to him as when he kissed her. Anyone else remember that or did I dream it?
Darcie

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

Wreckless wrote:
Yes, they're being paid to paste a stupid smile on their faces, but there comes a time when you have to be smart and realize that there are times when you just have to back off. It's called common sense. She had to know and see Denny crying, but she just stands there with that silly expression on her face, despite the emotion.

And yes, Tony did grab one of them and kiss her, and the look on her face was priceless.

But hey, did you all notice how Montoya put the ESPN reporter in his place after the race? That was priceless.

“Proud Supporter of SHR”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Don't know much about Anne-Maire but, Monica is extremely sweet, caring and very approachable.

She has a lot of respect for Nascar fans. She's a huge racing fan herself.

Monica is the one that travels some - with Tony as friends only - to dirt track races.
foilpants

Mccook, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

I saw one a couple wkd ago ... The camera kept trying to move so her stupid grinning arse was cut out, but she kept moving around like Ali trying to get back in the shots LOL it was hilarious. The camera dude was finally able to crop her out for good at the end. Irritating little cheerleaders.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Wreckless wrote:
Tony won at Indy last year? COOL!

Can you say, "TROLL"?
Teacher14fan

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Gwyneth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony won at Indy last year? COOL!
Can you say, "TROLL"?
It was 2005 and 2007 when he won Indy, right?

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Teacher14fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!

“5 day delivery, Oh Yea..PSYCH!”

Since: Jun 08

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

There is a place and a time for them. When the driver gets out of the car isn't the time to see their mugs. I'm sorry but someone needs to tell SPRINT, that they look rediculous. Paid or not, I agree, lets use some common sense. I for one am tired of looking at them. SPRINT needs to find a new use for them. JMO

“smoke”

Since: Dec 07

Life is short, be nice!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

Teacher14fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes remember it was a tribute to us for all the Bull $h!t:)
Teacher14fan

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Crazyaboutnascar wrote:
There is a place and a time for them. When the driver gets out of the car isn't the time to see their mugs. I'm sorry but someone needs to tell SPRINT, that they look rediculous. Paid or not, I agree, lets use some common sense. I for one am tired of looking at them. SPRINT needs to find a new use for them. JMO
I have to say the Sprint girls are better than the blonde Crown Royal girl that lays herself all over the drivers or shoves the crown royal bag into the camera.
Teacher14fan

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

interstate wrote:
<quoted text>Yes remember it was a tribute to us for all the Bull $h!t:)
2007 and Tony's love fest with ESPN. I remember them talking about how he wasn't a role model because he had a win and he was going to drink a case of Schlitz.

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

Elkridge, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

this was a unique situation. She is paid by SPRINT to remind people that they sponsor the series.. if she did not get on camera in VL, she would have not done her job.. she is a person paid to smile, not a psychologist..poor Denny..that was truly touching.. I am so glad he could get back up front to win. I hope that team has their probelms ironed out.
Trollersaurus

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Judged:

I saw her all smiling and happy at first, but when Denny turned around and she saw that he was crying, her smile faded a bit and she looked confused. I really think that she had no idea what was going on. But she always looks like that to me.

“Life”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Judged:

She ruins the whole VL party. She looks like an idiot. And yesterday, you can't tell me that she didn't know about Denny being so emotional, all the while grinning like a troll. She had to have known. I mean she wasn't that far from the car and surely she could have heard a little of the conversation going on from the announcers. I know that Sprint pays her to stand there looking stupid with that goofy smile on her face, but really enough is enough. It's getting old.

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

Elkridge, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Judged:

My Lord...maybe we should bring back the sexy big haired ladies from the 60s.. I'm sure they were always politically correct..and you know what??? she might be a person who smiles as her natural face...I am like that.. people tell me all the time "you smile all the time".. I don't even realize it.. I bet she is like that. I am certain that she would not have wanted to be disrespectful of Denny and his family and have people on here saying she is a ditz because she was doing what her contract with Sprint tells her to do... My LORD! poor girl..I know I surely do wish I always did everything right that other people thought I should do.... but then... there might be people who work at Sprint who wanted her to smile even though Denny's grandmother died,, and he won the race...so,, I guess the poor girl could not have pleased everyone.. and I bet Denny did not look at her and think "what is she smiling for? doesn't she realize my grandma died?? when he undoubtably was sad that his family and especially his grandma could not enjoy the win with him??.. do I think his mom, who was watching the TV, thought "I am going to call Sprint and tell them that girl was smiling when my son, whose grandma died got to VL after winning a race".. no,, she probably didn't even notice the girls face because it doesn't even matter... the girl is not the president of the USA.. she is a girl who is paid to smile in VL and represent Sprint..
Darcie

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Judged:

Oh Hell, it's not like Sprint isn't all over the place at every freakin' race. All you see is the word SPRINT slapped everywhere. There's even a huge blow up cell phone with the word SPRINT on top of the winning car. The whole victory lane is plastered with SPRINT. Only a blind person wouldn't know that Sprint is the sponsor. So having this grinning fool stand practically up the butt of every winning driver is overkill. Yeah, she's paid to do what she does, but why? What's the need? Just some silly girl in a driver's suit, sticking her head into every camera shot. OK, WE GET IT !!! Sprint sponsors the Cup.

And Debi, no one said we want to get back to the over-sexed pit chicks of yesterday. What we're saying is that these Sprint Girls provide nothing but a smiling bozo with absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

“Life”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Well regardless, I bet Denny's Grandmother was wearing her socks with the number 11 on them Monday.

Since: Feb 07

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Judged:

Debi Does wrote:
My Lord...maybe we should bring back the sexy big haired ladies from the 60s.. I'm sure they were always politically correct..and you know what??? she might be a person who smiles as her natural face...I am like that.. people tell me all the time "you smile all the time".. I don't even realize it.. I bet she is like that. I am certain that she would not have wanted to be disrespectful of Denny and his family and have people on here saying she is a ditz because she was doing what her contract with Sprint tells her to do... My LORD! poor girl..I know I surely do wish I always did everything right that other people thought I should do.... but then... there might be people who work at Sprint who wanted her to smile even though Denny's grandmother died,, and he won the race...so,, I guess the poor girl could not have pleased everyone.. and I bet Denny did not look at her and think "what is she smiling for? doesn't she realize my grandma died?? when he undoubtably was sad that his family and especially his grandma could not enjoy the win with him??.. do I think his mom, who was watching the TV, thought "I am going to call Sprint and tell them that girl was smiling when my son, whose grandma died got to VL after winning a race".. no,, she probably didn't even notice the girls face because it doesn't even matter... the girl is not the president of the USA.. she is a girl who is paid to smile in VL and represent Sprint..
Debi, we all know what she is paid to do. I think what everyone is trying to say is this; at sometime, those of us who are employed may be asked to do something we may not necessarily agree with or think is right. Sometimes regardless of the paycheck, we have to do what we think is right regardless of what we are paid to do. I have nothing against the sprint girls but smiling up a storm yesterday when Denny was obviously crying was not appropriate regardless if that is what she is paid to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of58
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tony Stewart Discussions

Search the Tony Stewart Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Petty made some pretty disparaging remarks abou... Mon flatt 4
Huge PUNCH IN THE MOUTH delivered... (Jun '12) Sun PUNCH IN THE MOUTH 170
big trouble Apr 13 Nice Try 7
texas (Nov '12) Apr 13 granny an andy 86
Without Tiger Woods, pro golf might as well be ... Apr 12 Snow 2
Danica Patrick has already won respect heading ... (Feb '12) Apr 12 from hear me 117
Kurt Busch-Keselowski feud flares up just in ti... Apr 7 Kurtfann41 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••