Richmond
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CatRod53

Harvey, IL

#1 Apr 26, 2013
You can't keep a good man down! Congrats on the pole Matt! In fact, congrats to JGR for having all 3 teams start in top 10!

Without good pit strategy or getting some breaks, it's gonna be another long race for SHR. Ryan's starting 15, Tony's 21st, and Danica's 30th. Simply sad!
conundrum

Charlotte, NC

#2 Apr 26, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
You can't keep a good man down! Congrats on the pole Matt! In fact, congrats to JGR for having all 3 teams start in top 10!
Without good pit strategy or getting some breaks, it's gonna be another long race for SHR. Ryan's starting 15, Tony's 21st, and Danica's 30th. Simply sad!
don't know what gives...Danica is up Ricky's butt? Ryan is busy being a dad and pet advocate? and where is Tony's head?!
CatRod53

Harvey, IL

#3 Apr 27, 2013
Well, let's see. IMO, here are the contributing factors to SHR's downhill spiral:

1) letting Darian Grubb go - when you win 5 of the 10 Chase races and the championship and fire your crew chief the next day - something stinks

2) Tony knew Steve Addington from their days together at JGR - what was he thinking?!

3) I'm not exactly sure what he does now, but I don't see any added value Greg Zipadelli has brought to the organization. Whatever magic he and Tony had at JGR seems to be long gone

4) forget the fact she doesn't deliver on the track, hiring Danica Patrick for their third team with a ready-made sponsor was strictly a marketing decision. And yes, it sure looks like her lovelife takes priority over her career right now. She is acting like a 16-yr old.

5) teaming Matt Borland back with Ryan seems to be the only right thing Tony's done in 2 years. even with 2 DNF's this year, they are the only SHR team with a top 5 and have 4 top 10's, while the 14 and 10 teams have 1 each. I think it's just a matter of time before they make it to VL and w/o some serious changes it doesn't look the 14 or 10 will this year
48 SUCKS

Stone Mountain, GA

#4 Apr 27, 2013
if miracles can happen for Mark Martin, that he can cause so many others to have trouble race after race and he can still manage to get decent finishes... why don't people have faith that Tony can???? but...#1... Tony's heart does not seem to be in it. After Fontana, where he had a Legitimate gripe that Joey was not letting him get by low... so many turned on him....I think NASCAR leaves a bad taste in his mouth and he is sick of the series..I miss him because to me, he doesn't care anymore.. I think he wants his fans to watch him on dirt which he DOES enjoy..
my husband even said USA Today had an article a while back this season about Tony saying that it is hard for Tony to cope with the crap of NASCAR so he races on dirt to make it through....
We have the media guys all saying "what is admirable about Jimmie is that HE focuses on the 48 team,... it is Family, 48, foundation for jimmie and I think that is admirable"... I think Kyle Petty said that... well,,, TONY knows how much BS is involved in that 48 even winning... I wonder,, how does he truly feel with all these others CHEATING, getting away with it and intimidating the others to SHUT UP and let them continue to cheat and be the champs?... it is ridiculous... and because we have talking heads paid by NASCAR to defend the fraudulent "sport" people believe what they hear on the TV as gospel.... it is sad... but, if Tony is so sick of playing the game in NASCAR, I hope he gets out this year... I do not want him to be a Terry Labonte or a Bill Elliot.
To me, NASCAR has gone from country western when it first started, to rock and roll and that was when I was a fan to what is now techno/disco/ boy band CRAP and so,, it no longer interests me.. I wonder why they ask marketing people how to please their fans and not just keeping it REAL?? RACING???

“PUNCH IN THE MOUTH”

Since: Sep 10

PUNCHVILLE, USA

#5 Apr 27, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
Well, let's see. IMO, here are the contributing factors to SHR's downhill spiral:
1) letting Darian Grubb go - when you win 5 of the 10 Chase races and the championship and fire your crew chief the next day - something stinks
2) Tony knew Steve Addington from their days together at JGR - what was he thinking?!
3) I'm not exactly sure what he does now, but I don't see any added value Greg Zipadelli has brought to the organization. Whatever magic he and Tony had at JGR seems to be long gone
4) forget the fact she doesn't deliver on the track, hiring Danica Patrick for their third team with a ready-made sponsor was strictly a marketing decision. And yes, it sure looks like her lovelife takes priority over her career right now. She is acting like a 16-yr old.
5) teaming Matt Borland back with Ryan seems to be the only right thing Tony's done in 2 years. even with 2 DNF's this year, they are the only SHR team with a top 5 and have 4 top 10's, while the 14 and 10 teams have 1 each. I think it's just a matter of time before they make it to VL and w/o some serious changes it doesn't look the 14 or 10 will this year
Let us not forget the "Psycho Debi Curse" that seems so prevalent this year !!!

manic 2

West Hartford, CT

#6 Apr 27, 2013
48 SUCKS wrote:
if miracles can happen for Mark Martin, that he can cause so many others to have trouble race after race and he can still manage to get decent finishes... why don't people have faith that Tony can???? but...#1... Tony's heart does not seem to be in it. After Fontana, where he had a Legitimate gripe that Joey was not letting him get by low... so many turned on him....I think NASCAR leaves a bad taste in his mouth and he is sick of the series..I miss him because to me, he doesn't care anymore.. I think he wants his fans to watch him on dirt which he DOES enjoy..
my husband even said USA Today had an article a while back this season about Tony saying that it is hard for Tony to cope with the crap of NASCAR so he races on dirt to make it through....
We have the media guys all saying "what is admirable about Jimmie is that HE focuses on the 48 team,... it is Family, 48, foundation for jimmie and I think that is admirable"... I think Kyle Petty said that... well,,, TONY knows how much BS is involved in that 48 even winning... I wonder,, how does he truly feel with all these others CHEATING, getting away with it and intimidating the others to SHUT UP and let them continue to cheat and be the champs?... it is ridiculous... and because we have talking heads paid by NASCAR to defend the fraudulent "sport" people believe what they hear on the TV as gospel.... it is sad... but, if Tony is so sick of playing the game in NASCAR, I hope he gets out this year... I do not want him to be a Terry Labonte or a Bill Elliot.
To me, NASCAR has gone from country western when it first started, to rock and roll and that was when I was a fan to what is now techno/disco/ boy band CRAP and so,, it no longer interests me.. I wonder why they ask marketing people how to please their fans and not just keeping it REAL?? RACING???
Debi R U quitter a in real life?????When ever things R not going right for Smoke you want him to give up & quit.Do U respect a QUITTER ?????? IF U DO IT IS VERY SAD.

“PUNCH IN THE MOUTH”

Since: Sep 10

PUNCHVILLE, USA

#7 Apr 27, 2013
48 SUCKS wrote:
Last week you said Mark should retire...well, he is higher in points than Tony and that includes his missing races.

HAHAHAHA !!! Maybe it's time for TONY to retire, hum?

48 SUCKS

Stone Mountain, GA

#8 Apr 27, 2013
manic 2 wrote:
<quoted text>Debi R U quitter a in real life?????When ever things R not going right for Smoke you want him to give up & quit.Do U respect a QUITTER ?????? IF U DO IT IS VERY SAD.
it isn't QUITTING when the series is now BS... he DOES still RACE on dirt whenever he can
48 SUCKS

Stone Mountain, GA

#9 Apr 27, 2013
THE PUNCHY CLOWN wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week you said Mark should retire...well, he is higher in points than Tony and that includes his missing races.
Mark caused how MANY almost WRECKS last week??? He SHOULD retire.. he is an embarrassment and the fact that he is higher in points than Tony shows that NASCAR is ridiculous at this point... if you remember Mark was who Tony credited with Tony NOT racing for long periods of time during a race.......MARK is the MORON who started the best drivers saying "well,, we do not need to race at this point in the race"" does MARK abide by those guidelines? NO!!!! neither do guys like Kassey Kahne... Tony needs to shake his head to get all the GARBAGE anyone other than AJ Foyt has told him OUT of his HEAD NOW...or retire... cuz he is not going to be given magical track position,, he needs to go back to aggressive RACING Tony Style!
manic 2

East Hartford, CT

#10 Apr 27, 2013
48 SUCKS wrote:
<quoted text>it isn't QUITTING when the series is now BS... he DOES still RACE on dirt whenever he can
Debi this has been going on for over 60 yrs.All sports have to change with the times.The generations change.The cars have changed.NOTHING stays the same.Its not NASCAR , M MARTINS or any of Hendricks fault. IT"S the 14 team that can not get Smoke comfortable in his car.Does ANYONE on here listen to SMOKES radio communication???? He has been having HANDLING ISSUE. All you hear from Tony is the car is I can not keep the car on the track . I am nervous if I push it I will blow a tire & wreck. Tony is not the only driver having the same issues.It is a new car. SA has nothing to work with . Their note from the previous years R useless.Its going to take time!!! REMEMBER the 1st yr the COT came out .Tony & Zippy had the same problems Tony is having now. They did not even make the chase that year!! You do not throw the towel in just because things are not going your way . You dig in your heels and work at till you find the right combination. AND YOU DO NOT GO AROUND PLACING BLAME ON INNOCENT PEOPLE . < That is a cowards way of dealing with a problem." And I do not think anyone on here or anywhere would accuse SMOKE of being a COWARD & giving up.Smoke would not be where he is today by giving up just because he is not winning. JMO
manic 2

Wethersfield, CT

#11 Apr 27, 2013
48 SUCKS wrote:
<quoted text>Mark caused how MANY almost WRECKS last week??? He SHOULD retire.. he is an embarrassment and the fact that he is higher in points than Tony shows that NASCAR is ridiculous at this point... if you remember Mark was who Tony credited with Tony NOT racing for long periods of time during a race.......MARK is the MORON who started the best drivers saying "well,, we do not need to race at this point in the race"" does MARK abide by those guidelines? NO!!!! neither do guys like Kassey Kahne... Tony needs to shake his head to get all the GARBAGE anyone other than AJ Foyt has told him OUT of his HEAD NOW...or retire... cuz he is not going to be given magical track position,, he needs to go back to aggressive RACING Tony Style!
Debi again you single people out and pass blame.As far as AJ Foyt goes things have changed since his days in racing.Debi why don't U take a page from SMOKE hand book.How many times have reporters ask Tony about an incident that took place in the past. And Smoke giggles and says I do not care about something that happened 2 weeks ago . I am am only concerned about what is going to take place in the future.Debi you need to stop dwelling in the past.NO ONE not even SMOKE can change the past. You need to learn to go forward not backwards. Debi you seem to forget a very important fact. NOBODY TELLS TONY STEWART HOW TO DRIVE A RACE CAR !! NO one tells Tony how to live his life. ASK Tony's MOM if ANYONE has EVER been able to tell SMOKE how to live his life. How much money do U want to bet she will tell U NO!!!!!! You insist on making Smoke out to be M Martins puppet < Yeah right. LMAO Again you always have to find SOMEONE to pass blame on when Things do not go Tony's way. Again R U like this in your own lifeIf something???? does not go YOUR way . You find someone to put the blame on??????
Manic 2

Newington, CT

#12 Apr 27, 2013
Smoke bring home the checkers. So far he is happy with his car:)
conundrum

Charlotte, NC

#13 Apr 27, 2013
THE PUNCHY CLOWN wrote:
<quoted text>
time for YOU to retire FREAK!!!

HOHOHO!!!
HEHEHE!!!
HAHAHA!!!

grow up, hum?
manic 2

Newington, CT

#14 Apr 27, 2013
Smoke is not happy. But he is not mad. car is to tight. I will say one thing about racing...... Its the only time you hear a MAN complain .... ITS TO TIGHT!!!! LMAO Come on people let me have it with the skittle. ROTFLMFAO
manic 2

Newington, CT

#15 Apr 27, 2013
Maybe Smoke needs to slap the wall! Brad K. is flying to the front.
JohnnyDeppFan2

Pensacola, FL

#16 Apr 27, 2013
Whoever's giving Manic a nut skittle, keep it up
manic 2

Newington, CT

#17 Apr 27, 2013
Thats right people I love NUTS.I am addicted to them many Brazilian nuts. YUMMMY!!!!!!:):) oopps left out Beer nuts LMAO
manic 2

Newington, CT

#18 Apr 27, 2013
Smoke gets loose. How much money do U want to bet ...... Debi blames it allllllll on JJ. ROTFLMFAO WHAAAHAHAHA :):):)
manic 2

Newington, CT

#19 Apr 27, 2013
Hey I need a different skittle . So here it goes... Kurt Busch is doing an amazing job in the 78 car. Good man Smoke for apologizing . :)
manic 2

Newington, CT

#20 Apr 27, 2013
To bad they do not have a Hot Dog skittle :( I love sucking OOpps Eating Hot Dogs . ROTFLMAO BTW I also love the RED LIPS SKITTLES :):) Reminds me of my favorite band Rolling Stones!!! WOW Short track racing at it best. PLUS A FULL MOON :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Stewart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
May 20 16 hr manic 6
Showdown Changes May 22 manic 10
Contact Nascar Regarding Any/All Issues in Ques... (Aug '07) May 21 wssns51 62
Rumor has it that Harvick will move to Hedndric... May 20 manic 12
2016 Season May 7 CatRod53 2
[email protected] (Apr '07) May 1 RONNIE 459
tony's back !!! Apr 29 CatRod53 43
More from around the web