Denny's Back
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 May 3, 2013
Denny's been cleared to get back into the driver's seat. I thought original plans were for him to start 'dega, but probably not run entire race.

This is not the best track to make his comeback on!

Welcome Back Denny!!
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#2 May 3, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
Denny's been cleared to get back into the driver's seat. I thought original plans were for him to start 'dega, but probably not run entire race.
This is not the best track to make his comeback on!
Welcome Back Denny!!
I hope he doesn't get in a wreck. I think he might still be a little fragile. And, how are you doing, Cat? Hope you are recovering nicely. Take care.
CatRod53

Harvey, IL

#3 May 4, 2013
Thanks Carolyn - taking it day by day. Still on meds and some days are tougher than others, but Dr happy with my progress. Hope things are great with you.

I don't know if the meds are messing with my thinking or what, but I thought if qualifiying was rained out they lined up according to points? Just read where they are starting in 'Dega according to how well they did in practice. Top 10 are Edwards, Truex, Ambrose, Logano, Newman, Kenseth, HAMLIN, Johnson, Gordon and Kahne. Denny is expected to drop to the rear and hand the wheel to Vickers first caution. I think that's a good idea.

Tony is starting 25, actually behind Danica at 23. Interestingly, she's starting behind Stenhouse. Think she'll help him or wreck him?

Anything can happen at Talladega and Tony might actually finish higher than he starts.

“Just a littlebit”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#4 May 4, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
Thanks Carolyn - taking it day by day. Still on meds and some days are tougher than others, but Dr happy with my progress. Hope things are great with you.
I don't know if the meds are messing with my thinking or what, but I thought if qualifiying was rained out they lined up according to points? Just read where they are starting in 'Dega according to how well they did in practice. Top 10 are Edwards, Truex, Ambrose, Logano, Newman, Kenseth, HAMLIN, Johnson, Gordon and Kahne. Denny is expected to drop to the rear and hand the wheel to Vickers first caution. I think that's a good idea.
Tony is starting 25, actually behind Danica at 23. Interestingly, she's starting behind Stenhouse. Think she'll help him or wreck him?
Anything can happen at Talladega and Tony might actually finish higher than he starts.
They now start according to practice times and Carl was the fastest.
CatRod53

Harvey, IL

#5 May 5, 2013
When I first became a Nascar fan, around 2000, racing was fairly easy to follow. I was totally unaware of this rule/procedure change until yesterday.

Things like this, plus handing out more penalties than checkered flags, and some of their controversial decisions really muddy the waters imo.

“Smokennnnn!!!!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#6 May 5, 2013
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back...
LOL.
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#7 May 5, 2013
Thank goodness Denny didn't run the whole race. Can you imagine what could have happened if he had been in one of those two big wrecks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Stewart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Daytona 500: What we learned during the Great A... Wed RacePhartse 4
fanfeedback@nascar.com (Apr '07) Wed digger39 463
Who didn't see this coming? Jan '18 manic 6
News Tony Stewart's Having A Rough Few Weeks Jan '18 AgreePhart 124
News Tony Stewart engaged to former Playboy Playmate... Dec '17 MePhartse 65
News Tony Stewart wants back in a NASCAR Xfinity car... Dec '17 Your phartse 25
Dale Jarrett predicts Matt Kenseth will replace... Nov '17 Black sucker only 10
More from around the web