Debrobeadean

Falls Church, VA

#1 Sep 29, 2013
OMG Junebug!
u r what u eat

Charlotte, NC

#2 Sep 29, 2013
Congratulations JIMMIE JOHNSON, the 48 team and HMS!!!!!!!
Great job 88, 24, and even 5 (13th?) not too shabby!!!!!!!
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#3 Sep 30, 2013
Can someone please explain the Chase points systems to me? How could Matt have 2 wins and only be leading by 8 pts?

Not an HMS fan, but I have to wonder ..... if the 88 had 4 new tires, why couldn't he catch the 48? It was follow the leader, but not close enough to even make it a race.

And why did they interview Hendrick? JGR has 2 wins in the Chase - maybe I missed the Coach's interview?

Any thoughts on Hendrick's comment that he expects the 48 to win more races - wishful thinking?
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#4 Sep 30, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
Can someone please explain the Chase points systems to me? How could Matt have 2 wins and only be leading by 8 pts?
Not an HMS fan, but I have to wonder ..... if the 88 had 4 new tires, why couldn't he catch the 48? It was follow the leader, but not close enough to even make it a race.
And why did they interview Hendrick? JGR has 2 wins in the Chase - maybe I missed the Coach's interview?
Any thoughts on Hendrick's comment that he expects the 48 to win more races - wishful thinking?
Hendrick will probably see to it in some way or another that JJ wins more races.
Smoke

Bethesda, MD

#5 Sep 30, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
1 point for every position - 1st= 43 pts, 2nd= 42 pts, etc...
3 bonus points to winner
1 bonus point for leading a lap
1 bonus point for leading most laps
Max points 48 (43+3+1+1)
All chase drivers were reset to 2000 pts plus 3 bonus points for each win.
Matt - 2015 +48+48+38 = 2149
Jimmy - 2012 +40+41+48 = 2141
Kyle - 2012 +43-42+40 = 2137
Does this help?

Jr started 4th on the second row and JJ restarted the race. JJ got a jumped ahead while Jr was trying to get past 2nd & 3rd place by the time he got past them JJ was too far ahead for Jr to catch up. Almost did it but not quite.. Another 10 laps and JJ's 2 tires would have cost him the race.

Yes, both races they interviewed Coach.

Any owner is going to say they expect their driver (s) to win more races. They wouldn't be much of an owner if they said they don't expect to win anymore races.

Smoke starts rehab ahead of schedule WHOO HOO!!!
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#6 Sep 30, 2013
The points explanation is very helpful, thank you!
GO TONY GO

Elk Grove Village, IL

#7 Sep 30, 2013
Could someone explain what awave around is? Thanks in advance for any help
Smoke

Bethesda, MD

#8 Oct 1, 2013
GO TONY GO wrote:
Could someone explain what awave around is? Thanks in advance for any help
A caution comes out and all (must be ALL) the lead lap cars pit. Any car a lap or more down has the option not to pit. By doing this they are actually behind the pace car but ahead of the leaders after they pit. Instead of having them start the race in front of the leaders (like they used to before the wave around rule)they wave them around the pace car to get back a lap.

If a driver is going to do this they can not pit until the green flag comes out and normally tries to stay out until the next caution or until they have to come in for fuel.

Hope this helps a bit.
GO TONY GO

Elk Grove Village, IL

#9 Oct 1, 2013
Smoke wrote:
<quoted text>
A caution comes out and all (must be ALL) the lead lap cars pit. Any car a lap or more down has the option not to pit. By doing this they are actually behind the pace car but ahead of the leaders after they pit. Instead of having them start the race in front of the leaders (like they used to before the wave around rule)they wave them around the pace car to get back a lap.
If a driver is going to do this they can not pit until the green flag comes out and normally tries to stay out until the next caution or until they have to come in for fuel.
Hope this helps a bit.
Yes it did thanks for the explanation.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#10 Oct 4, 2013
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/shakeandbake/...

Good to know I wasn't the only one thinking that.
Smoke

Bethesda, MD

#11 Oct 4, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nasca r/shakeandbake/did-dale-earnha rdt-jr-let-jimmie-johnson-win- at-dover-100313
There is no way Dale Jr would give up a win for ANYONE!! The dude is so hungry for a win I'd bet he'd shove his own Dad out of the way for it. He's a good guy but not that good of a guy!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#12 Oct 4, 2013
Smoke wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way Dale Jr would give up a win for ANYONE!! The dude is so hungry for a win I'd bet he'd shove his own Dad out of the way for it. He's a good guy but not that good of a guy!
Did
you mean Clint Boyer the cheat???

“PUNCH IN THE MOUTH”

Since: Sep 10

PUNCHVILLE, USA

#13 Oct 4, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nasca r/shakeandbake/did-dale-earnha rdt-jr-let-jimmie-johnson-win- at-dover-100313
HAHAHAHA !!!

As expected, an ignorant fool.

PUNCH IN THE MOUTH !!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#14 Oct 5, 2013
Tony needs to put someone else in his car. Ole man Martin is not getting it done.

Since: Aug 13

RESPECT THE CLOWNS

#15 Oct 5, 2013
snow wrote:
Tony needs to put someone else in his car. Ole man Martin is not getting it done.
The #14 car is a piece of sh!t. Tony wasn't doing very well in it before his accident. Add to that, their best resources are going into the #39 car.
u make your karma clown

Charlotte, NC

#16 Oct 5, 2013
bored and lonely, Justine??!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Stewart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tony Stewart's Having A Rough Few Weeks Dec 14 BetPhartse 8
News Tony Stewart engaged to former Playboy Playmate... Dec 12 MePhartse 65
News Tony Stewart wants back in a NASCAR Xfinity car... Dec 3 Your phartse 25
Dale Jarrett predicts Matt Kenseth will replace... Nov 28 Black sucker only 10
News Stewart, Wards dispute testimony Nov 22 The Phartzz 5
End the Top 35 rule (Aug '07) Nov 18 littlebit 3
Contact Nascar Regarding Any/All Issues in Ques... (Aug '07) Nov 17 manic 76
More from around the web