Woman Beheaded in New York State Hono...

Woman Beheaded in New York State Honor Killing

Posted in the Tony Stewart Forum

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#1 Feb 19, 2009
Woman beheaded in New York state honor killing?
Submitted by WW4 Report on Mon, 02/16/2009 - 21:04.

From the New York state chapter of the National Organization for Women (NOW), Feb. 16:

ALBANY, NY On February 12, 2009, in Orchard Park, Buffalo, NY, forty-four year-old Muzzamil Hassan, a prominent Muslim businessman, was arrested for having allegedly beheaded his wife, thirty-seven year-old Aasiya Z. Hassan. What was Aasiya's crime? Why, Aasiya was having Muzzamil served with divorce papers. And apparently, on February 6, Aasiya obtained an order of protection which had forced her violent husband out of their home.

NOW New York State is horrified that Erie County DA, Frank A. SeditaII, has referred to this ghastly crime as "the worst form of domestic violence possible." The ridiculous juxtaposition of "domestic" and "beheading" in the same journalistic breath points up the inherent weakness of the whole "domestic violence" lexicon.

What is "domestic" about this violence? NOW NYS President Marcia Pappas says "it is high time we stop regarding assaults and murders as a lover's quarrels gone bad. We further demand of lawmakers that punishments fit crimes. We of NOW decry the selective enforcement of assault laws and call for judicial enforcement of our mandatory arrest policy, even when the axe-wielder is known by his victim."

And why is this horrendous story not all over the news? Is a Muslim woman's life not worth a five-minute report? This was, apparently, a terroristic version of "honor killing," a murder rooted in cultural notions about women's subordination to men. Are we now so respectful of the Muslim's religion that we soft-peddle atrocities committed in it's name? Millions of women in this country are maimed and killed by their husbands or partners. Had this awful murder been perpetrated by a African American, a Latino, a Jew, or a Catholic, the story would be flooding the airwaves. What is this deafening silence?

And exactly what do orders of protection do? Was Aasiya desperately waving the order of protection in Muzzamil's face when he slashed at her throat? Was it still clutched in her hand as her head hit the floor?

You of the press, please shine a light on this most dreadful of murders. In a bizarre twist of fate it comes out that Muzzamil Hassan is founder of a television network called Bridges TV, whose purpose it was to portray Muslims in a positive light.

Location hidden

#2 Feb 19, 2009
WOW

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#3 Feb 19, 2009
This dude was on Jon Stewart a couple of weeks ago. Comedy Central has already pulled the video.

Location hidden

#4 Feb 19, 2009
Yeaaagghh, what was he doing on Jon Stewart's show? Comedy?

Since: Dec 06

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Feb 19, 2009
Sick man, I hope they fry his butt.
Cleo

Marquette, MI

#6 Feb 19, 2009
They ought to behead him.

And the US needs to apply more pressure to Saudi that this type of killing is morally wrong and they need to put a stop to it.

“Im bad, really really bad”

Dahlonega, GA

#7 Feb 19, 2009
Anyone hear about the muslim woman going to jail for 10 years for adultery, after being gang raped?
Cleo

Marquette, MI

#8 Feb 19, 2009
yes, I did.

And that judge should be gang-raped.

Why would any woman willingly convert to Muslim? I just don't understand that.

Charlotte, NC

#9 Feb 19, 2009
Maro wrote:
Anyone hear about the muslim woman going to jail for 10 years for adultery, after being gang raped?
I've heard general stories about that sort of thing. How is it the woman's fault? And sometimes their own families disown them or kill them when they are raped.

Charlotte, NC

#10 Feb 19, 2009
Cleo wrote:
yes, I did.
And that judge should be gang-raped.
Why would any woman willingly convert to Muslim? I just don't understand that.
Actually, Christianity had / has similar beliefs that women are evil. I'm no theologian, but I think that is why women aren't supposed to cut their hair, wear pants, wear make-up, speak in church, be church leaders, etc. Women in Christian societies have been punished over time for crazy things too. I'm not defending the Muslim's, just pointing out similarities.
Cleo

Marquette, MI

#11 Feb 19, 2009
Its the culture. Women are property to be married off or killed at whim. Walking wombs.
shutupandrace

Rocky Mount, VA

#12 Feb 19, 2009
crazy bas tard

“Writer Lady”

Since: Feb 07

New York, NY

#13 Feb 19, 2009
This wasn't on the news everywhere else?? Because it was *all* over the news here. Horrible. Just unspeakable.

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Feb 20, 2009
It makes me sick that women are treated like trash.

Location hidden

#15 Feb 20, 2009
Human Rights Watch (worldwide)
http://www.hrw.org/en/home

Location hidden

#16 Feb 20, 2009
Has anyone knows about female circumcision? If not, read about it and it is whacked ...

http://www.religioustolerance.org/fem_circ.ht...

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Feb 20, 2009
Gwyneth wrote:
Has anyone knows about female circumcision? If not, read about it and it is whacked ...
http://www.religioustolerance.org/fem_circ.ht...
I have heard about it. IMO It is all sick.

Location hidden

#18 Feb 20, 2009
Amy W wrote:
<quoted text>I have heard about it. IMO It is all sick.
check your mail:0)

Location hidden

#19 Feb 20, 2009
Amy W wrote:
<quoted text>I have heard about it. IMO It is all sick.
My BA in college was in Anthropology and the things we saw/heard were unreal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Stewart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Contact Nascar Regarding Any/All Issues in Ques... (Aug '07) Mar 11 Robert 65
Tony Stewart POS !!! (Dec '15) Mar 6 perfect 8
[email protected] (Apr '07) Feb 26 ejmosshammer 460
News Happy, healthy Stewart leaving NASCAR so he can... Feb '17 WritePhartzz 12
2016 Season (May '16) Nov '16 manic 110
Biffle Out at Roush Nov '16 Manic 2
Nascar Family Spirit Nov '16 Manic 6
More from around the web