Another Tony Stewart fan born!

Another Tony Stewart fan born!

Posted in the Tony Stewart Forum

48 SUCKS

Falls Church, VA

#1 Apr 5, 2013
I was at a dinner in Raleigh NC where we were talking to an avid sports fan. Talking about traveling up to Baltimore to see the Orioles play, we had quite a bit in common to talk about. Everyone knows I am a NASCAR fan so then we get into talking NASCAR.
Talking about the Joey/ Denny deal, so many people are convinced that Joey has it coming... then talking about the shutting down of North Wilkesburro to go out west.... I was explaining why I no longer go to races even though we used to go to 2 Martinsville races each year, camping in the rain.... it took HMS cheating each and every week they took that trophy home. He sheepishly admitted to me that he enjoyed a Jimmie Johnson win... I looked at him and said "I despise Jimmie Johnson. He is an astronaut, not a racer."
Then I explained how there is no more racing at Martinsville because they moved the first pit stall to turn 2 so no one can ever get by that guy who can peel off pit road first on the track unless something happens to him... I explained how racing has been ruined by the cheaters, racing off pit road.
I told him how I have seen Tony race his midget and how Tony owns teams all the way down and El Dora and interest in other tracks and he RACES the other days of the week on dirt...I said that Tony is the ONLY race car driver on the entire track..
we had to take our seats and after dinner, he came and shook my hand telling me he was now a Tony Stewart fan.... Yay!!!!!! another watcher of cars in traffic around ovals behalving so Jimmie can get another "win" has been educated on what real racing is!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Stewart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racing Tragedy Aug 17 CatRod53 13
2016 Season Aug 12 Manic 32
tony stewart Aug 9 Guess who 2
No Wonder Nascar Is Screwed Up---Brian France I... (Oct '10) Jul 25 I know dats right 10
Contact Nascar Regarding Any/All Issues in Ques... (Aug '07) Jul 24 Tomanybucks 64
Nascar allowing unstable drivers to drive. Jul '16 manic 4
Tony Honored Jul '16 Todd mc 7
More from around the web