Hamlin established as 2010 contender

Nov 23, 2009 | Posted by: The New Twenty | Full story: www.times-news.com

Denny Hamlin put the rest of the Cup field on notice for 2010. Hamlin's victory Sunday night at Homestead-Miami Speedway was his fourth of the season and sixth top-five in the 10-race Chase for the championship.

Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Dec 18, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“'2010'season ”

Since: May 09

Phoenix, Arizona

#1 Nov 23, 2009
I seriously see him as a contender next year. I just hope he works with Joey when he's up there.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Nov 23, 2009
I don't know who is the bigger cry baby Joonyer or Denny....

“www.myspace.com/ mandyhottielee”

Since: May 08

Ellijay, GA

#3 Nov 23, 2009
Denny he's not a team player at all.

“New Season,,New champ????”

Since: Apr 08

Seattle, WA

#4 Nov 23, 2009
Hamlin's been too full of crap and himself since he won rookie of the year. This was a good race for him to win since but he got shafted all the attention went where it belonged...to a champion

“New Season,,New champ????”

Since: Apr 08

Seattle, WA

#5 Nov 23, 2009
The New Twenty wrote:
I seriously see him as a contender next year. I just hope he works with Joey when he's up there.
Hamlin only cares about Hamlin

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#6 Nov 25, 2009
Hamlin DNF'd three times in the chase. Hard to believe finishing 7 out of 10 of the most important races makes him a contender.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#7 Nov 25, 2009
Well if he's going to shoot his mouth off and do the talk then he'd better be up for doing the walk.
Wang

Raleigh, NC

#8 Nov 25, 2009
Hamrin got a rot to realn befole he a selious contendel. Maybe Jeff Goldon take him to schoor fol lunning his Twittel mouth.

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#10 Nov 27, 2009
jimmy48 wrote:
Well if he's going to shoot his mouth off and do the talk then he'd better be up for doing the walk.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. There's like 2 or 3 people that I can see having just cause to say something like that. 2 of them already have 4 championships. lol However, both of them know what an idiot move it is to do such a thing.

The other thing about why I think so is you are showing all your cards way too soon. You announce that your team is on fire, and thats no big deal cuzz your 'collective' isn't in the same place on pit road every race. It's hard to mess with their game often enough for it to work. But a driver who says, "Im on top of my game and I plan to beat each and every car out here week in and week out!" would be my first choice as a target for getting in that driver's head. Think about Denny vs Keselowski - gettin in each other's head. REAL easy for one of them to throw the other off their game.

Maybe I think too much into it, maybe not. But before I start believing somebody other than them Hendrick cars can kick my butt all over the track, I'd be all over the guy making him start wondering if he can do it.
Prima

Zelienople, PA

#11 Nov 28, 2009
Hamlin and NASCAR are shaking scared of Brad and his talentor they would not have scolded him so bad for wrecking Denny Hamlin and then let Denny Hamlin get by with just being put a lap down after he SAID he was going to get revenge and then PURPOSELY wrecked Brad Keselowski in the last race at Homestead.

Look for NASCAR to hold Brad Keselowski back next year with the fines and the detrimental b/s simply because he was under Dale Jr's wing.

“Stick it.”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#12 Dec 5, 2009
Hamlin gave a really nice speech last night and his girlfriend Jordan Fish is a knock out.
The Fat and the Furious

United States

#13 Dec 5, 2009
This Texan likes Nascar wrote:
Hamlin gave a really nice speech last night and his girlfriend Jordan Fish is a knock out.
I thought he could have done without mentioning the Sprint girls standing in victory lane nodding their heads like they know what the drivers are talking about. The statement is probably very true, but not exactly the kind of thing you say in a speech televised for many to see. Who knows how some group or another might take that kind of thing and twist it up on you. Hell, who knows how your date might take that kind of statement, now that I think about it.
The Fat and the Furious

United States

#14 Dec 5, 2009
Oops! Let me clarify my last statement. He was mentioning how much he enjoyed the hot Sprint girls, not just the alluding to how clueless they are. That's why I mentioned the whole thing about his date. We all look, but it's not really a good idea to state it for your girl to hear or the rest of the world while your lady is sitting there with you.

“'2010'season ”

Phoenix, Arizona

#15 Dec 5, 2009
This Texan likes Nascar wrote:
I always like when they thank their wives or girlfriends the rest of the speech was alright.

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#16 Dec 6, 2009
The Fat and the Furious wrote:
We all look, but it's not really a good idea to state it for your girl to hear or the rest of the world while your lady is sitting there with you.
LMAO I agree! Denny's mouth has been his biggest enemy all season and and then some.

“'2010'season ”

Phoenix, Arizona

#17 Dec 8, 2009
Why is his mouth the biggest enemy? He says what he thinks
ZacH

Dallas, TX

#19 Dec 8, 2009
he's a punk

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#20 Dec 9, 2009
The New Twenty wrote:
Why is his mouth the biggest enemy? He says what he thinks
LMAO He doesn't THINK when he SPEAKS would be more accurate. Unless he just doesn't have a brain!

What happened when he said 'Better watch out for this team, we're strong!!' bla bla bla. He failed in the chase just like Kyle Busch last season. He also spoke out (twitter'd) about Gordon who has a decade more experience in NASCAR... and he wins again and its 'We're going to win a championship in the next few years' now? He seriously needs to learn when to keep his thoughts to himself.

Fool DNF'd 3 times in the chase. If he thinks he has a shot at a championship, he needs to shake his 8-ball a few more times.

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#21 Dec 9, 2009
Oh, and something else about this format: Those last 10 races are the BIG boys races. Those are the 'veteran' level competitions. You bring your game face and 'It's ON' for 10 straight races, everything you got and everything you can take. The highest pressure situation of your career rides in those 10-races.

You can tell the veterans - those guys up at the top. Johnson would not be up there but he's a special case. He's a quick learner and a damned good student of the sport. And look who else was up there - the Veterans... Stewart, Gordon, Martin, Montoya - those top 5 guys who have the big trophies under their belt, and have survived championship battles to finish at the top when it counts.

The Chase does tend to separate the men from the boys. Somebody like Hamlin might never get the win. Kyle, even after a slaughter of a season like 2007, found out the same thing...
Joe

Richmond, VA

#22 Dec 9, 2009
He's a punk!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Braun Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danica Patrick hoping for better luck on NASCAR... Jul '14 IceMan PJN 3
Jeremy Mayfield considers selling race team (Jul '09) Oct '13 Chargeforward1 22
NASCAR drivers among 800 at Leffler funeral (Jun '13) Jun '13 manic depressive 2 1
Gatti's wife accused in his slaying (Jul '09) Dec '12 JanetPlanet 51
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 snow 115
Patrick disappointed in Nationwide results in '12 (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carolyn 9
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sidney 13
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Todd Braun People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••