Mayfield Auctions Off Race Cars & More

Feb 17, 2010 Full story: Fox Charlotte 32

Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield auctioned off just about everything but the kitchen sink from his racing team at his ranch in Catawba.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hub Cap

Morganton, NC

#21 Apr 29, 2010
Racing is silly, not even a sport. Bunch of redneck beer drinkers and dope heads!!!
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#22 Apr 29, 2010
Denver Dan Mayfield wrote:
Amen, good 'ol boy! The court will decide, and all of his so called witnesses are ex in-laws, by what I have read...not very credulous...in my book! L8R. DD.
"Credulous". why would you want a witness who is easy to hoodwink?

Could you have possibly meant Credible?
good-ol southern boy

Charlotte, NC

#23 Apr 29, 2010
Hub Cap wrote:
Racing is silly, not even a sport. Bunch of redneck beer drinkers and dope heads!!!
sounds like your prejudice against redneck beer drinkers....you must be a pu--y wine-sipping golf fan..if you dont like nascar why are you on one of their forums?
xpnsiveindaytona

Merritt Island, FL

#24 May 6, 2010
Maybe Jeremy should cozy up to JC France for advice on how to beat drug charges.....oh, that's right, his name is Mayfield NOT France.
tberk

Thomasville, NC

#25 May 9, 2010
The Mayfields took us all on this wonderful ride for the past year . It was the couples desire to become household names Now they have left us high and dry . Come on Jermy , dazzle us with some more antics , we miss it so much .

Sarcastic in NC
good-ol southern boy

Charlotte, NC

#26 May 11, 2010
their court date is in september,should be interesting to hear what goes down.
good-ol southern boy

Huntersville, NC

#27 May 14, 2010
jeremy's atourneys are calling on jimmy johnson and jeff gordon to testify against nascar......will really be interesting now,trial is 5 days before the chase begins....hmmmmmm,makes you wonder dont it?

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#28 May 14, 2010
I wouldn't bank on the trial starting on the scheduled date. I wouldn't even make a bet that it starts this year. NASCAR isn't going to let it go to court till they have to.7944
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#29 May 15, 2010
The calling of Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson to testify agains NASCAR is the very definition of the "Dog and Pony Show".
I can just hear the questions that will be ask of Gordon and Johnson, Sir, I know that NASCAR has made and continues to make both of you multi millionaires, however, now tell us why NASCAR has taken the time to frame Jeremy Mayfield by reporting "False" positive test about Poor Mr. Mayfield's alleged use of drugs. Now tell us how NASCAR has bought the testimony of his Step Mother and various other Lab workers who are not associated with NASCAR.
I, also, do not think this will go to trial as Jeremy will either drop the case before a firm court date, run out of time and money and not be able to keep paying his lawyer (I hope this "Legal Eagle" is not working on the old 33% plan) Jeremy, through his lawyer will approach NASCAR begging for a settelment to disappear and drop the case and never speak bad about NASCAR, ever again.

The options are endless, however, one thing is for certain, Jeremy Mayfield is FINISHED, finished as a driver, a participant in the sport and in an ability to make a living in the sport. He will go down and be remembered with the John Paul, John Paul Jr., Gary Balleau, Kevin Grubb and Shane Hemeils of the sport. All had ability, however, all lost because of drugs.
good-ol southern boy

Charlotte, NC

#30 May 16, 2010
Voice of Reality wrote:
The calling of Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson to testify agains NASCAR is the very definition of the "Dog and Pony Show".
I can just hear the questions that will be ask of Gordon and Johnson, Sir, I know that NASCAR has made and continues to make both of you multi millionaires, however, now tell us why NASCAR has taken the time to frame Jeremy Mayfield by reporting "False" positive test about Poor Mr. Mayfield's alleged use of drugs. Now tell us how NASCAR has bought the testimony of his Step Mother and various other Lab workers who are not associated with NASCAR. see
I, also, do not think this will go to trial as Jeremy will either drop the case before a firm court date, run out of time and money and not be able to keep paying his lawyer (I hope this "Legal Eagle" is not working on the old 33% plan) Jeremy, through his lawyer will approach NASCAR begging for a settelment to disappear and drop the case and never speak bad about NASCAR, ever again.
The options are endless, however, one thing is for certain, Jeremy Mayfield is FINISHED, finished as a driver, a participant in the sport and in an ability to make a living in the sport. He will go down and be remembered with the John Paul, John Paul Jr., Gary Balleau, Kevin Grubb and Shane Hemeils of the sport. All had ability, however, all lost because of drugs.
we'll all see come september....
markmartinfan

Jersey City, NJ

#32 Jun 1, 2010
Nascar should let this go to court but they won't let it get there till the mayfields are broke .about homeless. period money rules. All. Me .you and them. Hang in there
KY REDNECK

Manteo, NC

#33 Jun 2, 2010
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>Dan, are you buying from Jeremy? In a 16 year Cup career he has five wins. He drove some first class cars and lost them all because of his arrogant attitude. You say it's about money for those four drivers. Of Course it is Dan, they have won 190 Cup races and eight Cup championships. And they're all class acts, not some Owensboro, Ky dupehead trailer trash.
I would not support anyone that does any type of drugs. I would however like you to know that most people that live in Owensboro, Ky. live in houses like most of the people in other states. The ones that do live in trailers would not be considered trash just because they choose to live in a different type of home. I would consider your comments just as offensive as someone doing drugs and driving 200 miles around a race track.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Braun Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danica Patrick hoping for better luck on NASCAR... (Jun '14) Jul '14 IceMan PJN 3
Jeremy Mayfield considers selling race team (Jul '09) Oct '13 Chargeforward1 22
NASCAR drivers among 800 at Leffler funeral (Jun '13) Jun '13 manic depressive 2 1
Gatti's wife accused in his slaying (Jul '09) Dec '12 JanetPlanet 51
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 snow 115
Patrick disappointed in Nationwide results in '12 (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carolyn 9
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sidney 13
More from around the web