Shakedown Session: Should Jeremy Mayfield Give Up?

Apr 14, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Frontstretch

The Frontstretch: Shakedown Session: Should Jeremy Mayfield Give Up? by Brody Jones -- Thursday April 14, 2011 Go to site navigation Go to article Be a part of the Frontstretch! Search the site! Friday April 1, 2011 After an uneventful, solid performance in the first practice Joe Gibbs Racing was less fortunate in the final one.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
plainwayne

Godwin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Jeremy you just do what it takes. I have been around you enough to know their was no met. If any of the people beleive you are a met head they are just dum as dirt.

Some of the comments I read were kind of confussing to me. Just a few days ago I read in the newspaper Brain has been a bad boy and ticked off wife for tapping some of there phone conversations. Look at the Hendrick drivers. Do you think they have all tested NEG. Not in this life time. It will come out just wait and see.
Hang in there Jeremy. Nascar needs more people like you.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

It all depends. If he is lying (only Jeremy & NA$CAR know what is the truth)then he should stop. If he is telling the truth, then he should keep up the fight. I for one believe his story. I have not heard NA$CAR give any viable rebuttels to Mayfields claim's, and Mayfield has made public his own independant drug tests.

When you break it down to nuts and bolts, all Jeremy wants is NA$CAR to open up the vault and provide full dislosure. Seems like a fair request to me.
The Fat and the Furious

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

The funny thing about those independent tests: They can be taken whenever the person chooses to set them up. Hence, the reason most employers utilize random drug testing. Kind of easy to pass them when you get to choose when and how they take place and by whom they're done.

Seems pretty obvious to me that Nascar gains nothing by setting Jeremy up. Some people seem to have some grand idea that Jeremy is a lot more important than he really is (including him.) I feel pretty confident that Nascar has better things to do than worry about a driver on a underfunded team that wasn't very competitive, regardless of that persons delusions of grandeur in the big scheme of Nascar.

This is the guy who, let's not forget, accused his mother-in-law of basically murdering his father (nothing to support those statements, which is why they were withdrawn and he apologized.) Now, call me crazy here, but that's the kind of statement most non-drug users and sane people wouldn't make, regardless of how angry they might be at that person. What it comes down to is that his behavior has been what I would call not normal. People are welcome to make up their own minds as to why that is, but it sure seems to fit the mo of an addict.

In answer to this question: Yes, he should give up. The only thing he's going to gain from this sad battle with Nascar is more debt. He should move on with his life and race elsewhere or move on to his next career. He's already been defeated in the courtroom and it's very unlikely that's going to change in the future. As for full disclosure, not sure what that's supposed to mean. No company is going to disclose all of their wheeling and dealing and Nascar will be no different nor should they because of such an inconsequential character as Jeremy.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

If a person is not guilty, then they should never admit they were. Either NASCAR is wrong, or Jeremy is wrong, and I guess the courts will decide! L8R. DD.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••