Robby Gordon docked 100 points for Daytona violations

Feb 20, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: USA Today

Robby Gordon was docked 100 points and his crew chief was suspended for six races and fined $100,000 as NASCAR penalized 10 teams in its three different national series for infractions found at Daytona ... via USA Today

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of260
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
GUY

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

NASCAR HATES ROBBY GORDON
JustBevG88

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

i was so shocked when I read this. I know Frank Kerr, his crew chief and this is the last thing I would expect of him. He is probably the most honest person I have ever met...this has to be a big mistake. and yes, I agree that Nascar hates Robby ....he is the last of the owner/drivers and so very outspoken.

“It's Always Racing Season!”

Since: Nov 07

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

50 pts off for Junior's NATIONWIDE team when they tried to improve their performance AFTER tech...100 pts for Robby's team for a non-performance aiding part. Hmmmmmm. I am not saying, I am just saying!
ABfan

Lethbridge, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

RaceTalkRadio wrote:
50 pts off for Junior's NATIONWIDE team when they tried to improve their performance AFTER tech...100 pts for Robby's team for a non-performance aiding part. Hmmmmmm. I am not saying, I am just saying!
Nascar needs to get more consistent in how they dock points. I get tired of seeing how one driver gets hit harder then another.

I recall when Jr accidently swore in VL, he got hit hard with a penalty and a couple weeks later, two other drivers swore and didn't get hit as hard.
Jim

Berlin, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
don't be mad because Jr is a better driver than robby, at least jr is in the top 35
RG races in many different facets of racing.

RG has proven himself in these forms of racing.

Off-road
Indy
NASCAR

Oh, by the way RG is in the top 35.

You might want to do a little research before you write!
Corner Marshal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Off-road
Indy
NASCAR
PWNED!
Jim

Berlin, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
40th in the points does not count as top 35 dumba$$. You might want to put your foot in your mouth before YOU RUN OFF AT THE MOUTH LIKE A BIG KNOW IT ALL.
They use last years point for the first 5 races moron. So in fact he IS in the top 35 in points.

The only place my foot is going to be is kicking your stupid a$$ all over this forum.

Now would be a good time for you to quit, while you're behind......way behind!
Corner Marshal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
get a grip BOZO come out of the closet. I don't post under multiple IDS like YOU.
I am Corner Marshal you PWNED skank!
ABfan

Lethbridge, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Off-road
Indy
NASCAR
RG has definately proven many times over, that he is a good race car driver.

“High Speed Low Drag”

Since: Dec 06

Atlanta, Ga.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

I'm not a big fan of Robbie Gordon, but this is a BS penalty!!! I think Nascar should give the teams a chance to make the car right after initial inspection. That's the time to catch "honest" mistakes and make corrections. I understand some teams hope they won't be caught pulling something they know is wrong. The penalty should be, sit out first practice, fix the car, and start at the back of the field no matter where you qualify.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Tough to admit he's right, LEESA..
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah whatever, You should probably go kiss RG's ass while you are at it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

I dont know man. At first I thought it was bogus. But then when I thought about it and read some other posts I changed my mind. Someone said that the teams have all the time in the world to make sure that car was legal. And THEY decide to bring it to the inspection line and put it through. Due Dilligence and all bets are off once you pull it onto the line. As per the Fine. Cheating has been rampant the last couple of years. I guess that NASCAR is making a statement. "Dont mess with the car" 100 point fine basically guarentees you no chase. You won't see too many "gray area" experimenting this year by the contenders thats for sure. Just count your blessing Robby that your not in negative points. Go get 'em in Cali.
DF- Atl wrote:
I'm not a big fan of Robbie Gordon, but this is a BS penalty!!! I think Nascar should give the teams a chance to make the car right after initial inspection. That's the time to catch "honest" mistakes and make corrections. I understand some teams hope they won't be caught pulling something they know is wrong. The penalty should be, sit out first practice, fix the car, and start at the back of the field no matter where you qualify.

Since: Aug 07

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Off-road
Indy
NASCAR
Jim I have to agree with you here I don't think there's anything the Robby Gordon can't drive. I have a video I rented called Dust to Glory about the Baja race and he's amazing to say the least. I know Mario Andretti wouldn't endorse him if he stunk! He also drove for Foyt which makes him even better!

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
I ain't no skank, you confused troll.
Lisa I don't think you're a skank ignore the troll it's the best thing to do :)

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

menards wrote:
I dont know man. At first I thought it was bogus. But then when I thought about it and read some other posts I changed my mind. Someone said that the teams have all the time in the world to make sure that car was legal. And THEY decide to bring it to the inspection line and put it through. Due Dilligence and all bets are off once you pull it onto the line. As per the Fine. Cheating has been rampant the last couple of years. I guess that NASCAR is making a statement. "Dont mess with the car" 100 point fine basically guarentees you no chase. You won't see too many "gray area" experimenting this year by the contenders thats for sure. Just count your blessing Robby that your not in negative points. Go get 'em in Cali.
<quoted text>
He was impressive this last week! I hope he just keeps on that way. I understand the cheating thing but from what I gathered Dodge should not have released it to him or sent it to him. I could be wrong, I like the guy but I think he can still do well this season it just sucks :)

Since: Sep 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
learn how to spell my name right you dickhead. its lisa not leesa
ALRIGHT LISA! JUMP ON SOME OTHER BAND WAGON....BECAUSE ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...AN IF YOU WANT TO CALL ME NAMES...GO FOR IT....BECAUSE YOU KNOW ME...I'M NOT TAKING YOUR CHIT, NOT AFTER TAKING UP FOR YOU, AN YOU WHAT....I COME TO FLORIDA EVERY YEAR...AN ALSO HAVE FRIENDS THAT LIVE WHERE YOU DO...SO IF YOU DON'T COOL IT, I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN FIND YOUR SCHOOL. THIS IS GETTING TO BE NO FUN BEING ON HERE ANYMORE, I DO KNOW THAT TOPIX CAN FIND OUT WHERE AN WHO YOU ARE, BECAUSE YOU ARE USING THE SAME LOCATION. JUST BACK OFF, WE GET YOUR POINT, DON'T KEEP ON UNTIL IT GOES ANOTHER STEP FORWARD.

Since: Feb 08

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

GUY wrote:
NASCAR HATES ROBBY GORDON
Robby Gordon Threatens the NASCAR corporate cookie cutter image, where free thinking and expression are not allowed. The severe penalty levied against Robby Gordon, a one car owner, was meant to cripple him. It's tough to get a foothold in a series when your competing against NASCARS giant coporate bed partners(top 35 in points). Way to go NASCAR. You managed to alienate more fans from your shrinking fan base in your corporate sludge you call racing.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Ex Fan wrote:
<quoted text> Robby Gordon Threatens the NASCAR corporate cookie cutter image, where free thinking and expression are not allowed. The severe penalty levied against Robby Gordon, a one car owner, was meant to cripple him. It's tough to get a foothold in a series when your competing against NASCARS giant coporate bed partners(top 35 in points). Way to go NASCAR. You managed to alienate more fans from your shrinking fan base in your corporate sludge you call racing.
HMM, why does this whine look so familiar? Uh, uh I know. It's because our Ex Fan figured out what cut & paste means. Get over it. NASCAR doesn't have the time or reason to stand around deciding whether someone is trying to cheat or just stupid. It's a simple process, show up with a legit car or face the music.
Howie

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>Lisa I don't think you're a skank ignore the troll it's the best thing to do :)
Whose Lisa and is she single? Lisa dear where are you?
Lisa

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

i hope you know i am underage

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of260
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Todd Bodine Discussions

Search the Todd Bodine Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bodine outsmarts Busch for Trucks race victory (Sep '10) Sep '10 Carl 1
A fresh beginning (Feb '06) Jan '10 phillip 3
Kyle Busch bumped to victory at Talladega (Oct '09) Nov '09 CheersForKyle 6
Whether In NASCAR Or Tennis: Debates Rage When ... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Chris 1
speed chanel = mike waltrip, beating up todd ag... (Feb '09) Mar '09 robo 2
Local auto racing: Germain team hopes Bodine's ... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Junior Fan 2
todd and daytona (Feb '09) Feb '09 evansfarmer 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••