Why is Tim's name not on the entry list?
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Since: Jun 08

Blacksburg, VA

#341 Aug 2, 2009
Dang, I thought Peters was gonna be a threat for the win (I knew Nashville was going to be one of his best chances), but Hornaday was just too good (and that bonzai move that he did after that one restart didn't help things either). Should have finished 2nd, he was better than Brian Scott most of the day and right on his bumper before the final caution flag came out, and Braun was never anywhere near the top 5, but he just got by on the last lap.

I hate to be greedy, though, because he did win the pole, didn't have any bad luck, ran the full race (no rain), and got another top 5. Especially after realizing that just over a year ago that it seemed like he wasn't going to be racing in the sport again, and now here he is getting top 5 finishes. I still think he'll get a win this year, most likely at Bristol or Martinsville.

Congratulations and great job to everybody, awesome weekend!

Blacksburg, VA

#342 Aug 11, 2009
Good article about Timothy on the front page of truckseries.com

http://tinyurl.com/ntjj4v

Blacksburg, VA

#343 Aug 19, 2009
10th place, not bad. Timothy's getting better at having his bad luck. He, of course, had more bad luck by cutting a right front tire down while running 5th late in the race, but he cut it down at the same time Norm Benning wrecked, so he got to change it under yellow and stay on the lead lap. His truck had fresh tires and was good enough to move back into 10th place.

I thought that was a great pit call by Chad to not take tires, and it almost worked out (running 5th with 28 to go), but the tire went down, unfortunately. He's still 13th in points, but he's got good tracks coming up, and he's 60 points out of 7th place, and he's got the momentum.

Great job by everybody tonight.
Mike Willimas

Hyattsville, MD

#344 Aug 22, 2009
If he had not cut that tire he might have won. Timothy is having such a great year. It is wonderful to see our prayers a being answered. You go boy.
Danville Fan

Danville, VA

#345 Aug 30, 2009
What happened after that last yellow flag? Why did Timothy fall to 9th place?

Blacksburg, VA

#346 Sep 1, 2009
Just watched the race yesterday, and I think he lost those spots just because his truck wasn't very good in traffic.

To be honest, he really didn't have a top 5 truck, IMO, but Chad used great pit strategy to get him there.He could have easily had a top 5 if there weren't so many late cautions, causing the field to bunch back up and make his truck loose.

Blacksburg, VA

#347 Sep 12, 2009
7th place (8th top 10 in his 10 races for Red Horse Racing), nice run for a team that was really struggling for most of the weekend. It's a good thing that the leaders were all getting really aggressive at the end, because it enabled Timothy to pass a bunch of wrecked trucks.

Now he's up to 8th in the points standings, and has an outside chance of getting to the top 5 in points! Praise the Lord for giving Timothy a chance to prove himself, and letting him do a remarkable job of doing so.

Also, there was a great section about Timothy in the Setup pre-race show. I have the race saved on my TiVo box, and I can record it for anybody who missed it, if you want me to. Great to see that people are noticing the roll that he has been on.

Congratulations to the team for having another good run, and doing such a great job over the past few weeks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Timothy Peters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Live from the racetrack (Oct '09) Feb '10 booyaa 9
Iowa Speedway (Sep '09) Sep '09 Michael Willimas 3
Great News!!!!!! (Jun '09) Jun '09 Mike Williams 5
The Nascar Insiders (Mar '09) Mar '09 harvickfan2919 5
Next stop Atlanta (Feb '09) Mar '09 harvickfan2919 14
Timothy Is On The Entry List For Daytona (Feb '09) Feb '09 harvickfan2919 10
rumble in the pits... (Oct '08) Oct '08 SStallings-TPeter... 2
More from around the web