Crash At Tulsa's Chili Bowl Caught On Video

Full story: News on 6 Tulsa

A former developmental driver for Richard Childress Racing is recovering in a Tulsa hospital following a spectacular crash during a Chili Bowl race Wednesday night.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
truth university

Guthrie, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

lets hope for a quick recovery.....
Wow

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

Tim, hope you get back to normal soon! Heck of a spill there for sure!

Since: Jan 09

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

Judged:

Hope this man recovers quickly & fully.
demINtulsa

Wagoner, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

Sounds scary. Here's to a recovery that is faster than he drives!
Concerned2

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

I was somewhat surprised that he survived at all, he's a lucky guy. He had the rest of the field by the whole frontstretch, he was way out front when the rear axle broke, the flip out of the track and over the fence had to be brutal - the ground level is at least a good 5-6 feet below the racing surface level. Ouch.

“Let's go racing!!!!”

Since: Dec 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

Can you say.....sssssshhhhhhiiiii..... ..? God speed for a full recovery.
Shawna

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

the man who is standing by the fence acts like he doesn't know if he's going to help or not.does he not work there.did he not see the lad hit the wall.

Since: Jun 08

St. Louis, Mo (Tulsa since 03)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

OUCH! God speed for a full recovery.
kelly

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

Shawna wrote:
the man who is standing by the fence acts like he doesn't know if he's going to help or not.does he not work there.did he not see the lad hit the wall.
That's just "Hippie" He was not concerned because no one is allowed at the bottom of that corner during the race. Also from his stand point he knew the people in the stands were clear.

“Love those sharks”

Since: Nov 08

Tulsa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

Are these the same type cars that use to race out at Rujo Race track years ago?

“put statement here”

Since: Aug 08

Yes

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

How about: "Chili bowl" taken off the "menu" for local racer wed night.

or maybe,

Local racer finds "Chili bowl" too "hot" for him to handle...

or,(ok, sorry)

May he get well soon!

“put statement here”

Since: Aug 08

Yes

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

No, no, no, "The Dean" is the one that is supposed to catch the bad students.(Then give them a good spanking...)
GLM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

OSU-number1 wrote:
Are these the same type cars that use to race out at Rujo Race track years ago?
No
Nick Wallace

Riesel, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2009

hopefully he will make a good recovery and come to his senses and stop the hillbilly racing league. all the time i hear about these crashes whether it be in nascar, drag racing or whatever. if it could save just one life to stop these races then why not end it all and save a bunch of money to boot!? i read where many people just watch for the crashes and that is kind of a sick twisted mind in my opinion.

Since: Jun 08

St. Louis, Mo (Tulsa since 03)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Any news on McCreadie's condition?
go fast turn left

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Nick Wallace wrote:
hopefully he will make a good recovery and come to his senses and stop the hillbilly racing league. all the time i hear about these crashes whether it be in nascar, drag racing or whatever. if it could save just one life to stop these races then why not end it all and save a bunch of money to boot!? i read where many people just watch for the crashes and that is kind of a sick twisted mind in my opinion.
I knew eventually there would be someone that would have to come out & bash the sport of racing and refer to it as "hillbilly". Isn't every sport dangerous in some way? In fact, can't getting out of bed every day & crossing the street be considered dangerous? These guys and gals do what they do because they love racing. Who are you to bash them? I promise you that the amount of research and technology that goes into the safety equipment is far better than you could ever imagine. In fact, the safety equipment that these drivers use is the reason why through-out a week of hard racing, every driver at the Chili Bowl survived, and there were some very brutal crashes. I strap my son into one of these machines on a weekly basis and there is no place that he would rather be than on the race track...on the same note, I wouldn't allow him in it if I didn't feel he was safe.

Racing, just like any sport, it is in your blood, you either love it or hate it. I understand that you might not have an interest for this sport but please don't pass judgement on those of us who do.

Good luck to Mr. McCreadie. May you have a very fast recovery!!!
Brandy Calkins

Oneida, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

tim that definetly a hell of a ride you took in Ok. wish u the best of luck and a full recovery. and will see you march 7 at the benifit for you. Hope to see u tearing up the NY dirt tracks again soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tim McCreadie Discussions

Search the Tim McCreadie Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tim McCreadie quick in Daytona test runs (Jan '08) Mar '10 Steve Desrosier 3
Motor Sports: Chili Bowl announces early entry ... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Ol Blue eyes 2
Former Chili Bowl champion injured in wreck (Jan '09) Jan '09 Stacy 7
PR-Chili Bowl, Chili Bowl Nationals - Tim McCre... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Just A Casual Fan 1
Knoxville Raceway: McCreadie rides to $40,000 n... (Sep '08) Oct '08 Mick B 11
will tim mccreadie post a top 5 finish in 2008 (Feb '08) Feb '08 Chad Blair 1
tim mccreadie (Jan '08) Jan '08 garns 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••