T. Labonte to drive No. 55 in road course races

There are 20 comments on the Charlotte.com story from Jun 12, 2007, titled T. Labonte to drive No. 55 in road course races. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

“I look forward to watching ... and learning more about all the Michael Waltrip Racing cars from a different perspective, exclusively as an owner.”

Terry Labonte will drive the No. 55 Toyotas in place of Michael Waltrip for the NASCAR Nextel Cup road course races at Infineon Raceway and Watkins Glen, the team announced Tuesday morning.

'It's not an easy decision for me to remove myself from the car, but I know it is for the betterment of our whole program,' said Waltrip, who has failed to qualify for all but two of this season's Cup races. 'I know Terry's experience and road race savvy will breathe a breath of fresh air into my young team.' Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 07

Odessa, TX

#1 Jun 13, 2007
Good luck Terry. Hope you win big

“KAIZEN!”

Since: Apr 07

Gambier , Oh.

#2 Jun 13, 2007
I,m gonna pretend you didn't see other Labonte to drive for MW @ Infinion& watk... thread!
Dillinger

AOL

#3 Jun 13, 2007
goingdownthedrain wrote:
Good luck Terry. Hope you win big
These two race tracks are the types of tracks that Terry loves to drive at, am I correct? I am afraid was retiring when I just started getting into NASCAR, but I am familiarizng myself with him. Boris Said will also be there, and he is a roadster from the word go.
Chad Denton

Charlotte, NC

#4 Jun 15, 2007
I hate that this poor guy is going threw this man what awful luck he has had. I dont think that mikey is the best driver anyway but, i wouldnt wish his luck on any1. I think that it is a great idea to put terry in the car infact it should have been done way before this anyway. They should have never let themselves get this far behind.
Dillinger

AOL

#5 Jun 15, 2007
Chad Denton wrote:
I hate that this poor guy is going threw this man what awful luck he has had. I dont think that mikey is the best driver anyway but, i wouldnt wish his luck on any1. I think that it is a great idea to put terry in the car infact it should have been done way before this anyway. They should have never let themselves get this far behind.
Chad, hi, I think it all hit the fan so quickly that Michael had very little time to think...Daytona is still a nightmare. Thanks for nice words regarding him, though.
Danny

Ashland, KY

#6 Jun 15, 2007
Prediction-Mickey will end up putting his brother in the car before the season is over. DW is through broadcasting for the year and he has 6 provisionals to burn!

“KAIZEN!”

Since: Apr 07

Gambier , Oh.

#7 Jun 16, 2007
Danny wrote:
Prediction-Mickey will end up putting his brother in the car before the season is over. DW is through broadcasting for the year and he has 6 provisionals to burn!
You still want to predict this?

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#8 Jun 16, 2007
go mwr wrote:
<quoted text>You still want to predict this?
Hey Darlin, Good job for Mikey! Hope he has a good run! Have a fun weekend!

“KAIZEN!”

Since: Apr 07

Gambier , Oh.

#9 Jun 16, 2007
Tamara24 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Darlin, Good job for Mikey! Hope he has a good run! Have a fun weekend!
Weekend got good after Mikey qualified for sure! I see your a Jeff fan, I place him in the top 5 when this race is over, Jimmie (48)in the top 15 (always has bad luck in Michigan), Watch out for that 5 car alot to prove riding around in that machine! You have a nice weekend too!

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#10 Jun 16, 2007
go mwr wrote:
<quoted text>Weekend got good after Mikey qualified for sure! I see your a Jeff fan, I place him in the top 5 when this race is over, Jimmie (48)in the top 15 (always has bad luck in Michigan), Watch out for that 5 car alot to prove riding around in that machine! You have a nice weekend too!
Have you posted your picks on Dales top 10 picks thread? If not, you should its a fun thread! If ya have cool! Good luck!
Dillinger

AOL

#11 Jun 16, 2007
Danny wrote:
Prediction-Mickey will end up putting his brother in the car before the season is over. DW is through broadcasting for the year and he has 6 provisionals to burn!
Wow!
mike simon

Buffalo, NY

#12 Jun 20, 2007
mikey actually finished 10th
44labonte44

Dayton, OH

#13 Jun 24, 2007
Go Terry. Good Luck MW Racing.

Since: Apr 07

Peoria, AZ

#14 Jun 24, 2007
Danny wrote:
Prediction-Mickey will end up putting his brother in the car before the season is over. DW is through broadcasting for the year and he has 6 provisionals to burn!
Not gonna happen. I predict people will get tired of your crap and you will finally leave these boards.

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#15 Jun 24, 2007
Renee29404 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not gonna happen. I predict people will get tired of your crap and you will finally leave these boards.
Hi Renee! Good luck to Terry today! It's great to see him back out there!

Since: Apr 07

Peoria, AZ

#16 Jun 24, 2007
Got the scanner on to Terry right now. w00t
mike simon

Buffalo, NY

#17 Jun 24, 2007
hes doing pretty bad right now, whats wrong?

Since: Apr 07

Peoria, AZ

#18 Jun 24, 2007
well, this was a complete waste I personally think. Terry's a lap down with 6 to go. That rarely ever happened to Michael at Sonoma. I hope that Terry can provide the info that Michael wanted because his driving the car has been a complete waste competitive wise. He couldn't get a handle on the car. I've been listening to him.... the few times he actually talked.
Michael did get on the radio and told them to "Go for it". So I think this proves it was never the driver that sucked, but the cars. None of these Toyotas are doing well today.
Dillinger

AOL

#19 Jun 24, 2007
Renee29404 wrote:
well, this was a complete waste I personally think. Terry's a lap down with 6 to go. That rarely ever happened to Michael at Sonoma. I hope that Terry can provide the info that Michael wanted because his driving the car has been a complete waste competitive wise. He couldn't get a handle on the car. I've been listening to him.... the few times he actually talked.
Michael did get on the radio and told them to "Go for it". So I think this proves it was never the driver that sucked, but the cars. None of these Toyotas are doing well today.
Renee, I know DJ was there, but since I didn't see Reut's name on the no qualifying list, did that other gentleman drive for him? Was he in the #00? I thought Mr. Fellows did a great job in Tony Raines's car. I was also impressed with Jamie. How did you like Matt's mistakes?! The commentator said this just isn't his kind of racing!! No $h8t!!
mike simon

Buffalo, NY

#20 Jun 24, 2007
it looked like it. no red bulls, and the toyota's in the race were never competitive. the only one in the top 20 was the 00. terry was quiet in the first part of the race, but i didn't see what happened from lap 40 to 70. When i wasn't home, i left at lap 40 and he ran in about 20th. How did he fall back so far to 35th at around lap 70?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terry Labonte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Over-40 drivers: Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, oth... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Carolyn 58
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 snow 115
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sidney 13
Terry Labonte nude (Nov '11) Nov '11 Christina 1
Terry Labonte Collectibles For Sale (Feb '10) Feb '10 JHAWTH2 1
1997 Terry Labonte Jebco Frankenstein clock Lim... (Dec '09) Dec '09 1997 Frankenstein... 1
News Best Nascar Victory Celebrations (Sep '09) Sep '09 Cheers For Kyle 3
More from around the web