Waltrip makes another driver change

Jun 16, 2007 Full story: The San Diego Union-Tribune 156

“Anybody would look at Kyle right now - any team in here”

Michael Waltrip again juggled his roles as team owner and driver Saturday, replacing David Reutimann for next weekend's race at Infineon Raceway. via The San Diego Union-Tribune

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

Peoria, AZ

#149 Jul 8, 2007
Danny wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a big Reutimann supporter. He's not young and only 1 win in a truck race. I think DW sent him to MW. Just look at the Busch (minor league) stats. He's losing to a NASCAR regular who has ran 5 fewer races than him. If you can't win on the Busch circuit you're in trouble. I have some concern that MWR won't have any sponsors to worry about next year if major improvement is not shown. NAPA and UPS can't be happy! I am sure they had some idea that this would be a building year but probably had no idea it would be this bad. Look at last night's race at Daytona-DJ and Reutimann weren't competitive at all.If I had to bet, I would say that MWR couldn't attract a driver with credentials to drive for them.
Umm yeah, Kevin didn't get ahead of David until yesterday silly Danny. That's only because David was wrecked by Steven "I think I'm great cause Rusty's my daddy" Wallace early in the race and then Kevin finished 2nd. We know Kevin dominates that series so what's your point? At least David was in second, to a guy who's been running ALL the Busch races too.
David's been doing good in Busch. He only ran a few races last year and has run them all this year, his first full year in Busch and Cup, so he's actually doing pretty damn good. Alot better than the other idiot rookies.
Not Michael Waltrip

Blackshear, GA

#150 Jul 8, 2007
Renee29404 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think everyone from Florida is a troll. Then that would make ME a troll. I was born in Tampa. LOL I call a troll a troll. I am not in the habit of insulting people who don't deserve it.
Hey Not Michael Waltrip, are you really a driver? If so, that's cool. I am fan and admire MOST drivers anyway. There are a few Cup guys that I wouldn't give the time of day to. LOL. But if so, that's all good. Say hi to my mom next time you are in Ocala..... or my sisters if you stop in Crystal River.
First I don't think I am a Troll whatever the heck that is. It must be bad.
Second I'm not from Florida, but I do have family all over the southeastern US. My Family has been in the south for over 190 years, most came south to stay away from the hangmen noose. LOL They were,murders
robbers, and or just plain lawless bunch. It has taken over 100 years just to get on the good side of the Law.
And yes I really am a driver and part owner in Fast Car Nascar.
I am at a buddy’s house in North Florida. While he is off in Iraq for the second time.
And every once in a while I go to Ocala, Marion County. But I do go to the Hollins Ranch in Citrus, County Crystal River. By the nuke plant and unwind fishing or diving, hunting.
And if not for Fans we / I would not have the best job in the free world. So anytime you yell and scream for whom ever you want to win it helps everyone in the race industry. Fans also make track owners upgrade and make it a lot nicer for anyone who visits us included.
And yes I know that the track pit pass are expensive, but you get to walk around in the pits. Where most drivers want to see y'all taking photo's for the scrapbook.
Never be afraid to stop one of us and get something signed. Just think how you would feel if I stopped you and wanted your John Hancock on a local race program. Would you not feel good about it?
You know if you like it so much why not get into legend cars as a start? Or go-carts that is how most of the younger driver got a start. If you can drive on the public streets then you can drive legend cars.
And it is not that pricey to get in to and you will have thousands of hours of fun.
What else did you want to know other then my name?
Sorry bout that one I want to stay low-keyed.
And what the hell is a troll? If it is bad then it isn’t me. LOL You were born in Hillsborough County tampa,Florida. I can remember racing outlaw sprints at the tampa fair grounds. And making a left at Sunshine Speedway.
I even raced a group 7 sports car in Highlands County, at the Sebring International Speedway one of the bumpiest old airports around. To many rights and lefts. I did like that you could run for 24-hours if you could handle it or your car held up. The most fun is really flying in my Airplane, about 18,000 FT almost no speed limit.
I Still want to know what a troll is? And if you can believe it I don't live under a bridge, but I do have a bridge at my house going across one of the ponds / Lakes. Hope this helps with any questions. So what does everyone else do for a pay check? Inquiring mind(s)want to know. See y'all know mine so what is yours?
Unless you can not ask that question here.

Peoria, AZ

#151 Jul 8, 2007
Yup I was born at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa. My dad is retired Air Force.
I know exactly where the nuclear power plant is in Crystal River because my mom used to work there, and my former brother-in-law is head of security there.

Oh, and a troll is someone who comes to message boards just to cause trouble. We call them trolls because they "troll" the message boards. LOL There are plenty of them and you obviously aren't one. So that's good.

I am off to bed. Gotta get up early for work. I have two more weeks left of my externship before I can actually start working for money. Whooo hooo.
NascarFan

United States

#152 Jul 9, 2007
Hey Not Michael Waltrip, thanks for the post, Thanks for putting your feelings so simply. We are all interested in how the drivers feel about the fans.
Danny

Owensboro, KY

#153 Jul 9, 2007
Renee29404 wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm yeah, Kevin didn't get ahead of David until yesterday silly Danny. That's only because David was wrecked by Steven "I think I'm great cause Rusty's my daddy" Wallace early in the race and then Kevin finished 2nd. We know Kevin dominates that series so what's your point? At least David was in second, to a guy who's been running ALL the Busch races too.
David's been doing good in Busch. He only ran a few races last year and has run them all this year, his first full year in Busch and Cup, so he's actually doing pretty damn good. Alot better than the other idiot rookies.
My statement wasn't incorrect, Reutimann is losing to a regular who has raced 5 less races-when that occurred and why is not so important. It is a fact! As far as doing good-one top 5 in 19 races is not setting the world on fire.
Dillinger

AOL

#154 Jul 9, 2007
Not Michael Waltrip wrote:
<quoted text>
First I don't think I am a Troll whatever the heck that is. It must be bad.
Second I'm not from Florida, but I do have family all over the southeastern US. My Family has been in the south for over 190 years, most came south to stay away from the hangmen noose. LOL They were,murders
robbers, and or just plain lawless bunch. It has taken over 100 years just to get on the good side of the Law.
And yes I really am a driver and part owner in Fast Car Nascar.
I am at a buddy’s house in North Florida. While he is off in Iraq for the second time.
And every once in a while I go to Ocala, Marion County. But I do go to the Hollins Ranch in Citrus, County Crystal River. By the nuke plant and unwind fishing or diving, hunting.
And if not for Fans we / I would not have the best job in the free world. So anytime you yell and scream for whom ever you want to win it helps everyone in the race industry. Fans also make track owners upgrade and make it a lot nicer for anyone who visits us included.
And yes I know that the track pit pass are expensive, but you get to walk around in the pits. Where most drivers want to see y'all taking photo's for the scrapbook.
Never be afraid to stop one of us and get something signed. Just think how you would feel if I stopped you and wanted your John Hancock on a local race program. Would you not feel good about it?
You know if you like it so much why not get into legend cars as a start? Or go-carts that is how most of the younger driver got a start. If you can drive on the public streets then you can drive legend cars.
And it is not that pricey to get in to and you will have thousands of hours of fun.
What else did you want to know other then my name?
Sorry bout that one I want to stay low-keyed.
And what the hell is a troll? If it is bad then it isn’t me. LOL You were born in Hillsborough County tampa,Florida. I can remember racing outlaw sprints at the tampa fair grounds. And making a left at Sunshine Speedway.
I even raced a group 7 sports car in Highlands County, at the Sebring International Speedway one of the bumpiest old airports around. To many rights and lefts. I did like that you could run for 24-hours if you could handle it or your car held up. The most fun is really flying in my Airplane, about 18,000 FT almost no speed limit.
I Still want to know what a troll is? And if you can believe it I don't live under a bridge, but I do have a bridge at my house going across one of the ponds / Lakes. Hope this helps with any questions. So what does everyone else do for a pay check? Inquiring mind(s)want to know. See y'all know mine so what is yours?
Unless you can not ask that question here.
You sound like a very cool person.
Dillinger

AOL

#155 Jul 9, 2007
Renee29404 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm getting my Wallaces' mixed up. Rusty is dad, Stephen is son, Mike is uncle, there is one more Wallace....who? Oh, hell....
Dillinger

AOL

#156 Jul 9, 2007
Renee29404 wrote:
Oh yeah, and for those who claim that Reutimann won't be coming back to MWR next year can shut yer mouths. Michael released a statement this weekend saying David WILL be back next year.
Rock on Reutimann!! Thanks for reminding us!!

Peoria, AZ

#157 Jul 9, 2007
Dillinger wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm getting my Wallaces' mixed up. Rusty is dad, Stephen is son, Mike is uncle, there is one more Wallace....who? Oh, hell....
Yes, you have Rusty, Mike, and Kenny are the brothers, and Steven is Rusty's son. Kenny is the one on NASCAR RACEDAY.
Dillinger

AOL

#159 Jul 9, 2007
Renee29404 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you have Rusty, Mike, and Kenny are the brothers, and Steven is Rusty's son. Kenny is the one on NASCAR RACEDAY.
Thanks! It was Kenny Wallace I couldn't remember! I get down a lot whenever I think that we could have had another cute young thing in some of the pictures we see of Dale Jr, Reed, Jamie, Casey, etc...they have lots of photos of those kids having fun on planes and stuff and I often wonder if Adam Petty, being so close in age if he were here, would be in the pics laughing and smiling with his buds. It's more than a shame. Kyle has no more children, I mean, another son who could race? Oh, Renee, I almost forgot. You know those things we call "crawlers" that programs have, especially news programs like Fox, they have info going across the screen? I swear I saw Kerry Earnhardt's name listed. For the Nextel race. I knew I had to be wrong, I mean, would they not make the biggest "f"ing deal out of it if that were true? Well, I saw it more than once. What do you think could have happened? I don't drink, so we can't blame it on a few cocktails and I haven't tried Beth's shrooms, so....Oh, I know who another troll is and the two names he/she is going by, so far. He/she thinks they are typing up a joke. I really didn't want you to see it, but you could care less, so it's ok.

Peoria, AZ

#160 Jul 10, 2007
Well Kerry dables in Cup race from time to time but the boy ain't got Earnhardt know how, that's for sure. His previous Cup attempts have been disasters.
NASCAR Cannuck

Dryden, Canada

#161 Jul 10, 2007
I'm sure Denny would have mentioned it if that was the case, instead he thanked Gordon for racing him clean. THey showed the replay of Hamlin getting loose and Gordon was about half a car length behind. Just you whiney assed Jr fans looking for something to throw at Gordon again cause your driver sucks so bad!
ROKMOD

Oklahoma City, OK

#162 Jul 10, 2007
go mwr wrote:
<quoted text>Slow e-mail? or no results?
I got an email back a couple days ago, The rumor was that he got in a 4-wheeler accident and a couple days later that was confirmed, I guess he did it in Sonoma, I am from that area and there is a lot of bike and 4 wheel atv places

“KAIZEN!”

Gambier , Oh.

#163 Jul 10, 2007
ROKMOD wrote:
<quoted text>
I got an email back a couple days ago, The rumor was that he got in a 4-wheeler accident and a couple days later that was confirmed, I guess he did it in Sonoma, I am from that area and there is a lot of bike and 4 wheel atv places
You do realize this is from June 26th? That ain't slow e-mail dude thats pony express! LOL! just funnin with you, Thank you for the reply. At least now we know noone punched Mikey at Sonoma or any were else that weekend.

Peoria, AZ

#164 Jul 10, 2007
go mwr wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize this is from June 26th? That ain't slow e-mail dude thats pony express! LOL! just funnin with you, Thank you for the reply. At least now we know noone punched Mikey at Sonoma or any were else that weekend.
Well, it was either that or like Michael told someone, he got chapped lips from too much sun. That happens to my hubby.
ROKMOD

Oklahoma City, OK

#165 Jul 11, 2007
go mwr wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize this is from June 26th? That ain't slow e-mail dude thats pony express! LOL! just funnin with you, Thank you for the reply. At least now we know noone punched Mikey at Sonoma or any were else that weekend.
The person I emailed took a few days to answer, then I took a few to post it. Some even juicier info was more interesting. Email me and I will tell you, rokmod@aol.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terry Labonte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Over-40 drivers: Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, oth... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Carolyn 58
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 snow 115
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sidney 13
Terry Labonte nude (Nov '11) Nov '11 Christina 1
Terry Labonte Collectibles For Sale (Feb '10) Feb '10 JHAWTH2 1
1997 Terry Labonte Jebco Frankenstein clock Lim... (Dec '09) Dec '09 1997 Frankenstein... 1
Best Nascar Victory Celebrations (Sep '09) Sep '09 Cheers For Kyle 3
More from around the web