Waltrip makes another driver change

Jun 16, 2007 Full story: The San Diego Union-Tribune 156

“Anybody would look at Kyle right now - any team in here”

Michael Waltrip again juggled his roles as team owner and driver Saturday, replacing David Reutimann for next weekend's race at Infineon Raceway. via The San Diego Union-Tribune

Full Story

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#126 Jul 2, 2007
Dillinger wrote:
<quoted text>
Who else has crazy nicknames? Tell me one that we never talk about. Like, maybe Salder or Ryan Newman. I heard cryin Ryan once, but I think it was just because it rhymed.
Don't think Sadler has one.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#127 Jul 2, 2007
TB dang your hard to run down. Okay then. I'll talk to you in the morning. You can catch me on the JG forum. Good night dear. Song for ya
WWE NASCAR

United States

#128 Jul 3, 2007
Toyota probably wishes they could dump Mikey as soon as possible.

Since: Apr 07

Peoria, AZ

#129 Jul 3, 2007
Dillinger wrote:
<quoted text>
Who else has crazy nicknames? Tell me one that we never talk about. Like, maybe Salder or Ryan Newman. I heard cryin Ryan once, but I think it was just because it rhymed.
Well, Tony Stewart called Biff "Bug Eyed"... so some now call him "Bug Eyed Biffle". Kurt still gets called Dumbo because of his ears even though they've been pinned back. Years ago, another driver, don't remember who, started calling DW "Jaws" because he talked so much and ran his mouth. Some call Michael "Jaws Jr". I haven't heard the Cryin Ryan one. All I've ever heard him called is Rocketman. Jason Leffler has been nicknamed Jason Wreckler. AJ Allmendinger was nicknamed Wallmindinger by DW when he hit the wall during a race one day. AJ drives for in the truck series by the way.
That's all I know of. Anyone got anymore that they've heard?
NASCAR Cannuck

Dryden, Canada

#130 Jul 3, 2007
Whoyakidding wrote:
Micheal's "attempt" at becoming a Cup team owner and driver has turned out pretty much as I predicted last year, a screwed up mess. I'm really not sure that things would be much different for him right now if the fiasco at Daytona had not happened. It's still a case of the village idiot trying to become a brain surgeon. His "rookie" driver is out qualifying him by about a 5 to 1 ration. Micheal better pray like the dickens that Toyota doesn't bring Joe Gibbs Racing into the fold, if they do, he's history. I haven't seen too many new NAPA commercials lately.
One good shot and you sunk that nail flush....
My sentiments exactly
NASCAR Cannuck

Dryden, Canada

#131 Jul 3, 2007
Dillinger wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, this phrase "being pulled from the car" has been used a lot lately. Hey, how did you like this weekend's Clint Bowyer move on Juan Pablo? Is it my imagination Renee, or did Jeffie get a little dirty driving there on Denny's caboose? He didn't just nudge the young man, he boomed him!!! The kid hung in there. Blaney rocked!
??WTF are you talking about, Gordon was 1/2 a car length away when Denny got loose..

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#132 Jul 3, 2007
NASCAR Cannuck wrote:
<quoted text>
??WTF are you talking about, Gordon was 1/2 a car length away when Denny got loose..
Your right. He got loose. If Gordon wanted to he would have taken him out. He raced him clean.

Peoria, AZ

#133 Jul 3, 2007
Not according to other drivers who witnessed it and watched it on tv as well. They all are teasing because Jeff tried to wreck Denny. You calling them liars? They know better than you all do what happened out there.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#134 Jul 3, 2007
Renee29404 wrote:
Not according to other drivers who witnessed it and watched it on tv as well. They all are teasing because Jeff tried to wreck Denny. You calling them liars? They know better than you all do what happened out there.
Whatever. As usual everyone sees it different. No one called anyone a liar.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#136 Jul 3, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>Has not been a good couple days on the computer. We are above St. Louis and tall bluffs on both sides of us. Reception comes and goes alot. Plus we have been getting some painting done while we are not running hard.(alot Cooler) Did you see where Junior fired his Busch driver Huffman? He is going to drive his own car Friday in the Busch race. FYI I sent a post a few minutes ago and it would not post and when that happens I have to start all over. I have not been avoiding you at all.
No I didn't hear that about Huffman. Why? Not performing? Well Dale will bring it home. Tried calling you a couple times. Okay then. Keep in touch. I'll be around. Been thinking about what you said about me driving the modified. I wish I had the nerve.LOL.

Peoria, AZ

#139 Jul 3, 2007
BOZO THE CLOWN wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY SHITFORBRAINS, IT WAS MARLIN THAT CALLED BIFFLE BUG EYED DUMMY, AND AJ GOT HIS NICKNAME WALLMINDINGER BACK IN OPEN WHEEL DAYS MORON!
Who the hell cares you moron. The only time I've ever heard AJ being called Wallmendinger was by the NASCAR announcers on tv these past few months. Where's your proof it happened before then? Huh Mr. I-am-Bozo-the- idiot-who-likes-to-post-shit-w ithout-proof-because-I have-no-life?
Doesn't matter who the hell called who what, it stuck, simple as that.
Not Michael Waltrip

Blackshear, GA

#140 Jul 7, 2007
Renee29404 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell cares you moron. The only time I've ever heard AJ being called Wallmendinger was by the NASCAR announcers on tv these past few months. Where's your proof it happened before then? Huh Mr. I-am-Bozo-the- idiot-who-likes-to-post-shit-w ithout-proof-because-I have-no-life?
Doesn't matter who the hell called who what, it stuck, simple as that.
Wow Renee 29404 And you can bet that 99.99% of all of the posters have never been in a seat of a Fast Car.
Not the family ride, but a real race car. Where 160 is cruising and 190-209 is getting at the top. Oh yes by yourself not sitting in the Petty ride along. The only time I go faster is in my plane going to my next race. But on the highway I only drive the max speed limit of the road. I do like to run Phoenix International raceway and watch the Illegals and the beer belly wannabe racers wave the rebel flag and drink alcohol like it is going out of style. Y'all do have good Mexican food. No I'm not a real life race car driver but I do play one on the Race Track.
So please watching and spending your money on NASCAR
and I will do my best to keep folks entertained while I'm Racing. Just try and remember it is our Job or Business just like everyone else that goes to work each and everyday.
Dillinger

AOL

#141 Jul 8, 2007
Not Michael Waltrip wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Renee 29404 And you can bet that 99.99% of all of the posters have never been in a seat of a Fast Car.
Not the family ride, but a real race car. Where 160 is cruising and 190-209 is getting at the top. Oh yes by yourself not sitting in the Petty ride along. The only time I go faster is in my plane going to my next race. But on the highway I only drive the max speed limit of the road. I do like to run Phoenix International raceway and watch the Illegals and the beer belly wannabe racers wave the rebel flag and drink alcohol like it is going out of style. Y'all do have good Mexican food. No I'm not a real life race car driver but I do play one on the Race Track.
So please watching and spending your money on NASCAR
and I will do my best to keep folks entertained while I'm Racing. Just try and remember it is our Job or Business just like everyone else that goes to work each and everyday.
That was a decent and interesting post. I don't want Renee to think that everybody from Florida is a troll. Seem it has been that way lately. Anyway, you have fun with your racing and just try to keep in mind that Renee has been a very passionate race fan for a long time, and she can remember who won what and when, especially when it comes to the Waltrip family. She isn't always right, and she will admit that, but when a good debate gets going, she is right there. Makes it much more interesting. I am new-ish to NASCAR. One year of it is all I have. What do you like to race?
Dillinger

AOL

#142 Jul 8, 2007
Renee29404 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Tony Stewart called Biff "Bug Eyed"... so some now call him "Bug Eyed Biffle". Kurt still gets called Dumbo because of his ears even though they've been pinned back. Years ago, another driver, don't remember who, started calling DW "Jaws" because he talked so much and ran his mouth. Some call Michael "Jaws Jr". I haven't heard the Cryin Ryan one. All I've ever heard him called is Rocketman. Jason Leffler has been nicknamed Jason Wreckler. AJ Allmendinger was nicknamed Wallmindinger by DW when he hit the wall during a race one day. AJ drives for in the truck series by the way.
That's all I know of. Anyone got anymore that they've heard?
All of those are terrific! I happen to like Greg's bug-eyes. Jason Wreckler, that is a new one. We love 'em all though, right guys? We say this all with love. I still don't care for Reuiti being called Beak. Nope.
Dillinger

AOL

#143 Jul 8, 2007
Renee29404 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, unfortunately I didn't get to watch the whole race but I heard about that. You are not the only one to notice Poo trying to wreck Hamlin. Not cool Poo. Take lessons from Jeff Burton. Race clean, race like a gentleman. Something Rubby Moron knows nothing about. Tee hee
Glad someone else "hallucinated" Poo's move on Denny. For a minute there, I thought I was the only one. Got bitched-slapped for it, too!!!

Peoria, AZ

#144 Jul 8, 2007
Dillinger wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a decent and interesting post. I don't want Renee to think that everybody from Florida is a troll. Seem it has been that way lately. Anyway, you have fun with your racing and just try to keep in mind that Renee has been a very passionate race fan for a long time, and she can remember who won what and when, especially when it comes to the Waltrip family. She isn't always right, and she will admit that, but when a good debate gets going, she is right there. Makes it much more interesting. I am new-ish to NASCAR. One year of it is all I have. What do you like to race?
No, I don't think everyone from Florida is a troll. Then that would make ME a troll. I was born in Tampa. LOL I call a troll a troll. I am not in the habit of insulting people who don't deserve it.
Hey Not Michael Waltrip, are you really a driver? If so, that's cool. I am fan and admire MOST drivers anyway. There are a few Cup guys that I wouldn't give the time of day to. LOL. But if so, that's all good. Say hi to my mom next time you are in Ocala..... or my sisters if you stop in Crystal River.

Peoria, AZ

#145 Jul 8, 2007
Oh yeah, and for those who claim that Reutimann won't be coming back to MWR next year can shut yer mouths. Michael released a statement this weekend saying David WILL be back next year.
Danny

Ironton, OH

#146 Jul 8, 2007
Renee29404 wrote:
Oh yeah, and for those who claim that Reutimann won't be coming back to MWR next year can shut yer mouths. Michael released a statement this weekend saying David WILL be back next year.
I read that article and he hedged his statement with a 99 percent sure ... and talked about possible sponsorship arrangement with Dominos etc. It was not as definitive as you make it seem.
chrisco

Dallas, TX

#147 Jul 8, 2007
Danny wrote:
<quoted text>I read that article and he hedged his statement with a 99 percent sure ... and talked about possible sponsorship arrangement with Dominos etc. It was not as definitive as you make it seem.
What do you think he will do if he cannot get the sponsorship arrangement he thinks he needs for Reut, does he drop down to two full time cars, him and DJ, or does he try to secure a drive he thinks would be more attractive to sponsors?
Danny

Ironton, OH

#148 Jul 8, 2007
chrisco wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think he will do if he cannot get the sponsorship arrangement he thinks he needs for Reut, does he drop down to two full time cars, him and DJ, or does he try to secure a drive he thinks would be more attractive to sponsors?
I am not a big Reutimann supporter. He's not young and only 1 win in a truck race. I think DW sent him to MW. Just look at the Busch (minor league) stats. He's losing to a NASCAR regular who has ran 5 fewer races than him. If you can't win on the Busch circuit you're in trouble. I have some concern that MWR won't have any sponsors to worry about next year if major improvement is not shown. NAPA and UPS can't be happy! I am sure they had some idea that this would be a building year but probably had no idea it would be this bad. Look at last night's race at Daytona-DJ and Reutimann weren't competitive at all.If I had to bet, I would say that MWR couldn't attract a driver with credentials to drive for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terry Labonte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Over-40 drivers: Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, oth... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Carolyn 58
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 snow 115
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sidney 13
Terry Labonte nude (Nov '11) Nov '11 Christina 1
Terry Labonte Collectibles For Sale (Feb '10) Feb '10 JHAWTH2 1
1997 Terry Labonte Jebco Frankenstein clock Lim... (Dec '09) Dec '09 1997 Frankenstein... 1
Best Nascar Victory Celebrations (Sep '09) Sep '09 Cheers For Kyle 3

Terry Labonte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE