Waltrip makes another driver change

Waltrip makes another driver change

There are 156 comments on the The San Diego Union-Tribune story from Jun 16, 2007, titled Waltrip makes another driver change. In it, The San Diego Union-Tribune reports that:

“Anybody would look at Kyle right now - any team in here”

Michael Waltrip again juggled his roles as team owner and driver Saturday, replacing David Reutimann for next weekend's race at Infineon Raceway. via The San Diego Union-Tribune

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The San Diego Union-Tribune.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
rick

Cobleskill, NY

#1 Jun 18, 2007
welcome back terry!!!! i hope he will be back
fulltime next year!!!!!
Dillinger

AOL

#2 Jun 18, 2007
rick wrote:
welcome back terry!!!! i hope he will be back
fulltime next year!!!!!
Rick, is it my imagination, or didn't we all say goodbye to Terry last year? Didn't his daughter say, "Dad, start your engine?" Ok, I think a man should be able to change his mind and come back. He should race until his wheels fall off or he goes senile, whichever happens first. I just wanted to know if I was losin' it.
mike simon

Buffalo, NY

#3 Jun 20, 2007
i think a troubling team in 07 will hire him for the first 6 races in 08

“KAIZEN!”

Since: Apr 07

Gambier , Oh.

#4 Jun 20, 2007
mike simon wrote:
i think a troubling team in 07 will hire him for the first 6 races in 08
Thats a good thought, he will certainly have his pick of where to go & how much to charge! But I think NASCAR will change the qualifing making these past champions obsolete.
Dillinger

AOL

#5 Jun 20, 2007
go mwr wrote:
<quoted text>Thats a good thought, he will certainly have his pick of where to go & how much to charge! But I think NASCAR will change the qualifing making these past champions obsolete.
What? Oh, please explain a little what you mean by that! Is it time to panic or freak-out or something? Just when I think I have learned most of it, something else comes up. I was watching a NASCAR Classics from 1985 and apparently there were no rules for how fast one leaves pit road. The announcer said "And Petty and Pearson are having a drag race off of pit road" or something like that. Now, they don't even know they are speeding, like Carl the other day, and they get punished by having to go to the back. Somehow, I just can't imagine telling Richard Petty to do that.

“KAIZEN!”

Gambier , Oh.

#6 Jun 20, 2007
Dillinger wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Oh, please explain a little what you mean by that! Is it time to panic or freak-out or something? Just when I think I have learned most of it, something else comes up. I was watching a NASCAR Classics from 1985 and apparently there were no rules for how fast one leaves pit road. The announcer said "And Petty and Pearson are having a drag race off of pit road" or something like that. Now, they don't even know they are speeding, like Carl the other day, and they get punished by having to go to the back. Somehow, I just can't imagine telling Richard Petty to do that.
Hi Dillinger, What I should have said was making thier provisionals obsolete, I look for NASCAR to change thier top 35 qualifing rules Thats all no need to panic yet, but I let ya know when! hahaaha!
Dillinger

AOL

#7 Jun 21, 2007
go mwr wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Dillinger, What I should have said was making thier provisionals obsolete, I look for NASCAR to change thier top 35 qualifing rules Thats all no need to panic yet, but I let ya know when! hahaaha!
Cool!
mike simon

Buffalo, NY

#9 Jun 24, 2007
well, 35th at sonoma isn't something to be happy about. Mikey could've done better than that. I think Terry will be better in Watkins Glen.

Glendale, AZ

#10 Jun 24, 2007
mike simon wrote:
well, 35th at sonoma isn't something to be happy about. Mikey could've done better than that. I think Terry will be better in Watkins Glen.
Heck yeah Michael could have done better. Michael is a road course racer. I was so disapppointed to find out Terry would be in the car. Michael has alot of talent and it's for road course races. HE should let Terry drive at another track and Michael drive at the Glen.
becesteve

Boynton Beach, FL

#11 Jun 25, 2007
I agree that Mikie could have done at least as well. I think he did it to show "Rute" that he was willin to do it. Also with Terry he was guaranteed in at the Toyota sponsored event.

Glendale, AZ

#12 Jun 25, 2007
becesteve wrote:
I agree that Mikie could have done at least as well. I think he did it to show "Rute" that he was willin to do it. Also with Terry he was guaranteed in at the Toyota sponsored event.
Well obviously all 3 cars were fast enough to make it in on time. That was a good thing, although the 00 barely made it in. So it all goes to show it's the cars, not the drivers. Reut finished 12th in Mexico at the Busch race, he could have raced Sonoma. I still don't understand why Michael took him out of the car for PJ even though PJ got a great finish in 12th. Maybe David asked to be or something. We just don't know.
DJ did good too, he finished 25th after spinninng out and having his left front fender dented in. Apparently someone said Terry spun out with 6 laps to go and had to make an extra pit stop, but they are not sure if he had help with that spin or not. Nothing was mentioned on the radio that I heard, but my internet might have gone out. It was pretty darn quiet towards the end of the race, although I did hear them say thanks to Terry and all that.
Whoyakidding

Raleigh, NC

#13 Jun 25, 2007
How does this sound? Kyle Busch in the number 55. Toyota doesn't have to buy JGR, just help Mikey work a deal with Kyle. The cars are getting very competitive and with some youngster like Kyle in the seat they can be in the winners circle.
NASCAR Cannuck

Dryden, Canada

#14 Jun 25, 2007
Renee29404 wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck yeah Michael could have done better. Michael is a road course racer. I was so disapppointed to find out Terry would be in the car. Michael has alot of talent and it's for road course races. HE should let Terry drive at another track and Michael drive at the Glen.
Didn't fare so well on the "Road Course" from the neighbor's to home though did he!

“KAIZEN!”

Gambier , Oh.

#15 Jun 25, 2007
Renee29404 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well obviously all 3 cars were fast enough to make it in on time. That was a good thing, although the 00 barely made it in. So it all goes to show it's the cars, not the drivers. Reut finished 12th in Mexico at the Busch race, he could have raced Sonoma. I still don't understand why Michael took him out of the car for PJ even though PJ got a great finish in 12th. Maybe David asked to be or something. We just don't know.
DJ did good too, he finished 25th after spinninng out and having his left front fender dented in. Apparently someone said Terry spun out with 6 laps to go and had to make an extra pit stop, but they are not sure if he had help with that spin or not. Nothing was mentioned on the radio that I heard, but my internet might have gone out. It was pretty darn quiet towards the end of the race, although I did hear them say thanks to Terry and all that.
On Mikeys site they reported tire trouble, What a waste! Mikey could've delivered thatat least, unless he just had to get the NAPA car in at least 2 more times this year? Ruetimann I undersatad not much experience.

“KAIZEN!”

Gambier , Oh.

#16 Jun 25, 2007
Whoyakidding wrote:
How does this sound? Kyle Busch in the number 55. Toyota doesn't have to buy JGR, just help Mikey work a deal with Kyle. The cars are getting very competitive and with some youngster like Kyle in the seat they can be in the winners circle.
Sorry, you're going to have to watch JGR go Toyota to see Busch in one Michaels not ready to retire nor will he have to when NASCAR changes the Qualifing for next year! Oh, bye the way I've lost most respect I had for JGR Not a good move to let Hamlin run for Almorola, first he's late to cup practice then late for the race, should have sent him to wallmart to buy a alarm clock!
Dillinger

AOL

#17 Jun 25, 2007
go mwr wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, you're going to have to watch JGR go Toyota to see Busch in one Michaels not ready to retire nor will he have to when NASCAR changes the Qualifing for next year! Oh, bye the way I've lost most respect I had for JGR Not a good move to let Hamlin run for Almorola, first he's late to cup practice then late for the race, should have sent him to wallmart to buy a alarm clock!
Well, you know how kids are. I laughed when they said he slept in. Wasn't it the boss's decision, though, to throw Aric out and put Denny in anyway?
Terry

United States

#18 Jun 25, 2007
Dillinger wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you know how kids are. I laughed when they said he slept in. Wasn't it the boss's decision, though, to throw Aric out and put Denny in anyway?
Hi sweethart hope your first day was great. First off I think no cup drivers should run the Busch series, but that will never happen its all about the money. They want to fill the seats and teams feel they get a better feel for the track setups. The race was run 20 minutes from where I live. I had to give up my tickets for something I couldn't get out of. I know for a fact alot of people go to see guys like Carl and Denny run. Part of the problem was where they wanted the copter to land they had cars parked there. But no matter what anyone says that kid sure as hell can drive and he doesn't mess with anyone he races clean. Have a wonderful night!

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#19 Jun 25, 2007
Dillinger wrote:
<quoted text>
Got your email. So you like the new job? Cute boss?LOL.

“KAIZEN!”

Gambier , Oh.

#20 Jun 25, 2007
Dillinger wrote:
<quoted text>
From what the announcers said on TV it was a sponsors decision, Now today it was a group decision? Noone wants the blame, or point the finger at!

“KAIZEN!”

Gambier , Oh.

#21 Jun 25, 2007
Terry wrote:
<quoted text>Hi sweethart hope your first day was great. First off I think no cup drivers should run the Busch series, but that will never happen its all about the money. They want to fill the seats and teams feel they get a better feel for the track setups. The race was run 20 minutes from where I live. I had to give up my tickets for something I couldn't get out of. I know for a fact alot of people go to see guys like Carl and Denny run. Part of the problem was where they wanted the copter to land they had cars parked there. But no matter what anyone says that kid sure as hell can drive and he doesn't mess with anyone he races clean. Have a wonderful night!
T, T, HEY T! which kid races clean? Your certainly not talking about Tony JR> are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terry Labonte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Over-40 drivers: Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, oth... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Carolyn 58
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 snow 115
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sidney 13
Terry Labonte nude (Nov '11) Nov '11 Christina 1
Terry Labonte Collectibles For Sale (Feb '10) Feb '10 JHAWTH2 1
1997 Terry Labonte Jebco Frankenstein clock Lim... (Dec '09) Dec '09 1997 Frankenstein... 1
News Best Nascar Victory Celebrations (Sep '09) Sep '09 Cheers For Kyle 3
More from around the web