Bristol race boring to fans, thrillin...

Bristol race boring to fans, thrilling to drivers

There are 7 comments on the Star Tribune story from Aug 28, 2007, titled Bristol race boring to fans, thrilling to drivers. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

“From the inside the car it was awesome”

BRISTOL, Tenn. With few wrecks, only a handful of lead changes and no driver drama, it was easy to declare this past Bristol race a bore. via Star Tribune

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

“Kasey Kahne is Back ”

Since: Aug 07

Leslie

#1 Aug 30, 2007
I think people have just confirmed what has always been denied. Race fans watch for the wrecks. I for one like the side by side racing, way to go Bristol Motor Speedway. It was simple Carl Edwards and Kasey Kahne had the setup, just as Kurt Busch had at Pocono, a track that doesnt feature the new style of banking. So I say to you it was a great race, the car of tommorow makes for great side by side racing without having to bump, and I say its a great time for NASCAR.
Les2

New Philadelphia, OH

#2 Aug 30, 2007
I'm not much for the wrecks cause i hate all the cautions but Bristol wasn't as good as it used to be. No more fighting for positions like used to have to do. No more excitement! No more tempers flairing!

No more saying "IT'S BRISTOL BABY" now its just "Bristol".

Lets wait and see how the racing is next year if it's like it was this fall Bristol will be just another track in the series.

“omg im a junior!!!!”

Since: Aug 07

g*vegas, tn

#3 Aug 30, 2007
the truck race and the busch race was really exciting but i think the car of tomorrow has something to do with not many cautions. i liked the 2 and 3 wide racing but i still miss the wrecks

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#4 Aug 31, 2007
I'm really looking forward to Cup coming back to
Bristol next year with softer tires and a little age on the surface. They will be running two and three wide and rubbing each others fenders off. The new alignment of the bumpers on COT cuts down on cautions too. I don't watch for the cautions, I want to see them racing. With the COT, whoever gets out front in clean is going to run good and pull out to a lead.
reality check

Alto, GA

#5 Aug 31, 2007
The thing that made Bristol fun to watch was that everybody wanted the bottom so they were fighting for it.

Now it's just another race track they go to. Nothing sepcial about it.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#6 Aug 31, 2007
I did not get to see the race but give the teams time to adjust to the track. Maybe they can learn from the first race and make adjustments to make it better. I did see a quote from some Nascar official and he said something to the effect that they they were in the car racing business, not the car wrecking business. I know the fans like me like the beatin and bangin but the owners did'nt like tearing up all their equipment. We will see in time if it gets any better.

Since: Mar 07

bakersfield

#7 Aug 31, 2007
bristol was a good race. it could have been better if the chase drivers 9-12 didn't have to worry about crashing and losing points.that's my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terry Labonte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Over-40 drivers: Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, oth... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Carolyn 58
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 snow 115
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sidney 13
Terry Labonte nude (Nov '11) Nov '11 Christina 1
Terry Labonte Collectibles For Sale (Feb '10) Feb '10 JHAWTH2 1
1997 Terry Labonte Jebco Frankenstein clock Lim... (Dec '09) Dec '09 1997 Frankenstein... 1
News Best Nascar Victory Celebrations (Sep '09) Sep '09 Cheers For Kyle 3
More from around the web