Hendrick's intramural squabble

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

If Rick Hendrick stays true to form, neither Jeff Gordon nor Jimmie Johnson wants to be the first driver their NASCAR team owner approaches after the season-ending race in two weeks at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Nov 5, 2007
Cannonball

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 2, 2007
 
Jacques Villeneuve as a NASCAR team owner. The change has started. In five years the "good ol' boys" won't recognize their series. Nor will they be able to get a ride.
Enough

Pasco, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 2, 2007
 
I don't care what this article is about, I'm addressing racing.

The season is over and was two months ago. I don't care how many races the twins win. I'm off until Daytona. Sure, I would go to a race if I had tickets and I was within a thousand miles, but I don't.
I bet NASCAR would not like to have a TV rating published for the present time.
Of course, with all that is bad in the news, maybe the race is the best alternative and I'm wrong....would like to know if I'm alone or not.

“Obama Express”

Since: Dec 06

yes we can*health reform**

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 2, 2007
 
Cannonball wrote:
Jacques Villeneuve as a NASCAR team owner. The change has started. In five years the "good ol' boys" won't recognize their series. Nor will they be able to get a ride.
those ole guys will be left in the dust by our nascar drivers..villienus an the rest of the foreingers wont be here long..

Since: Oct 07

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 2, 2007
 
Jacques Villeneuve and his business partner would be a rarity in NASCAR if they owned a team.

No way does Juan or Dario have that kind of cash imo to buy a team.
RGR

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 3, 2007
 
Why not 66 or 68, traditional Penske numbers, for Hornish? 77 is for Posey...

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 3, 2007
 
I would be damned if I would allow Penske to give some open driver that can't even qualify a car on his own the owner points for the car I went out and won for him and leave me to get in the race on a past champions provisional. First off, I don't think NASCAR should allow the movement of owner points from one driver to another. Secondly the principal of the thing sucks. If I were Kurt Busch and Penske tried to pull that on me, I would tell him to find someone to drive the 2 car while he was at it.
Snow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 5, 2007
 
Whoyakidding wrote:
I would be damned if I would allow Penske to give some open driver that can't even qualify a car on his own the owner points for the car I went out and won for him and leave me to get in the race on a past champions provisional. First off, I don't think NASCAR should allow the movement of owner points from one driver to another. Secondly the principal of the thing sucks. If I were Kurt Busch and Penske tried to pull that on me, I would tell him to find someone to drive the 2 car while he was at it.
Thats almost the same thing that happen last year. Martin went over and took Joe's ride in the 01 car that he had in the top 35. Joe was stuck in the 13 car and had to struggle. See where it got them Ginn just about lost his butt.
Still owes money to people he hired.I am with you
I think Penske should not be allowed to put Hornish in a car when he cannot even qualify. He
needs to run Busch until he learns how to handle
these cars. Well this is jmo.
JR-SR FAN

Cary, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 5, 2007
 
I expect there will be a lot of private practice sessions in unmarked cars during the off season. If there isn't, Daytona is going to be a wreck fest. These car owners are going to shuffle things around to get these drivers coming from other series into the field next year. Somebody better find these people some seat time in a 3400 pd. car.

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 5, 2007
 
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> Thats almost the same thing that happen last year. Martin went over and took Joe's ride in the 01 car that he had in the top 35. Joe was stuck in the 13 car and had to struggle. See where it got them Ginn just about lost his butt.
Still owes money to people he hired.I am with you
I think Penske should not be allowed to put Hornish in a car when he cannot even qualify. He
needs to run Busch until he learns how to handle
these cars. Well this is jmo.
Just stopping in to say hello to you Snow,it's been a long time! Hope this day finds you well! ;-)
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 5, 2007
 
Whoyakidding wrote:
I would be damned if I would allow Penske to give some open driver that can't even qualify a car on his own the owner points for the car I went out and won for him and leave me to get in the race on a past champions provisional. First off, I don't think NASCAR should allow the movement of owner points from one driver to another. Secondly the principal of the thing sucks. If I were Kurt Busch and Penske tried to pull that on me, I would tell him to find someone to drive the 2 car while he was at it.
First I don't really care about Hornish and what he does. But he has been fast enough to qualify but NASCAR has the ultra stupid rule of guaranteed spots in the field. Hornish would have made a few shows based on speed. But again, NASCAR has stupid rules.

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 5, 2007
 
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>First I don't really care about Hornish and what he does. But he has been fast enough to qualify but NASCAR has the ultra stupid rule of guaranteed spots in the field. Hornish would have made a few shows based on speed. But again, NASCAR has stupid rules.
Hello Chris! Hope you have a great Monday!
Yvonne

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 5, 2007
 
Enough wrote:
I don't care what this article is about, I'm addressing racing.
The season is over and was two months ago. I don't care how many races the twins win. I'm off until Daytona. Sure, I would go to a race if I had tickets and I was within a thousand miles, but I don't.
I bet NASCAR would not like to have a TV rating published for the present time.
Of course, with all that is bad in the news, maybe the race is the best alternative and I'm wrong....would like to know if I'm alone or not.
You aren't alone.
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 5, 2007
 
mindy wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Chris! Hope you have a great Monday!
Hi Mindy!!
A long day here at work. New system training all afternoon.
Have a great Monday!!!

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 5, 2007
 
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Mindy!!
A long day here at work. New system training all afternoon.
Have a great Monday!!!
Football later will make it all worthwhile!;-) Well,kick up the feet later and enjoy a drink!
Snow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 5, 2007
 
mindy wrote:
<quoted text>Just stopping in to say hello to you Snow,it's been a long time! Hope this day finds you well! ;-)
Hi Mindy
have not chatted in awhile/ I am a little sad today. The Colts lost yesterday and Jr did not have a good race so I had a big let down weekend.
I got my grass cut and my PM on my furnace today.
Its supposed to get really cold later this week.
What have you been up to? I hope your happy and doing well.It will not be long until Thanksgiving
and Xmas. I got a lot of my shopping done but don't have nothing wrapped yet.I loved the end of the race yesterday when Jimmie and Matty were in a battle on the track. I hate to see it all end.
Looking forward to 08 maybe Junior will have some
better cars. Have a great week friend.....

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 5, 2007
 
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Mindy
have not chatted in awhile/ I am a little sad today. The Colts lost yesterday and Jr did not have a good race so I had a big let down weekend.
I got my grass cut and my PM on my furnace today.
Its supposed to get really cold later this week.
What have you been up to? I hope your happy and doing well.It will not be long until Thanksgiving
and Xmas. I got a lot of my shopping done but don't have nothing wrapped yet.I loved the end of the race yesterday when Jimmie and Matty were in a battle on the track. I hate to see it all end.
Looking forward to 08 maybe Junior will have some
better cars. Have a great week friend.....
Yeah,i was rooting for the Colts too gal! Hope you get all done for winter!;-) Thanks for getting back to me!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Terry Labonte Discussions

Search the Terry Labonte Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Over-40 drivers: Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, oth... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Carolyn 58
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 snow 115
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sidney 13
Terry Labonte nude (Nov '11) Nov '11 Christina 1
Terry Labonte Collectibles For Sale (Feb '10) Feb '10 JHAWTH2 1
1997 Terry Labonte Jebco Frankenstein clock Lim... (Dec '09) Dec '09 1997 Frankenstein... 1
Best Nascar Victory Celebrations (Sep '09) Sep '09 Cheers For Kyle 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••