Earnhardt wrecks Daytona 500 car

Feb 16, 2011 Full story: SanLuisObispo.com 29

Dale Earnhardt Jr. has wrecked his pole-winning Daytona 500 car. Earnhardt was pushing Hendrick Motorsports teammate Jimmie Johnson in Wednesday's practice when the contact caused Johnson to bobble.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jr Haters Suk

Erie, PA

#1 Feb 16, 2011
Johnson got scared and caused the whole thing
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#2 Feb 16, 2011
Jr Haters Suk wrote:
Johnson got scared and caused the whole thing
Junior rammed Jimmie's back bumper, that's not Jimmie's fault.
Smoke2008

Bristol, CT

#3 Feb 16, 2011
Jr.never touched Jimmie. Jimmie checked up when he had room. He has no clue at either Daytona or Talledega. He won his 1 500 with a cheated up car.
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#4 Feb 17, 2011
Smoke2008 wrote:
Jr.never touched Jimmie. Jimmie checked up when he had room. He has no clue at either Daytona or Talledega. He won his 1 500 with a cheated up car.
If Junior never touched Jimmie then why is Junior's car all wrecked when he was running BEHIND Jimmie when the incident occurred?

QUOTE FROM THE ARTICLE:
"Earnhardt was pushing Johnson, his Hendrick Motorsports teammate, in a two-car draft when Johnson had to back off the gas for slower-moving traffic in front of him. Earnhardt plowed into Johnson's back bumper and nearly spun him out, but Johnson saved his car from skidding."

Maybe you should read the article, or watch the video before making the stupid statement that "Jr. never touched Jimmie." Your making excuses for Junior doesn't change the facts and this one can't be blamed on Jimmie, he did not hit Junior, Junior hit him.
Jim

Merrimack, NH

#5 Feb 17, 2011
Don't expect a response.....just more excuses.
Say what

Stafford, VA

#6 Feb 17, 2011
Hello? How is Jimmie backing off the gas and causing the car pushing him, in this case Junior, to have to run into him JUNIOR'S FAULT?? it is called an accident for a reason fools.

“Just quit jr.”

Since: Aug 09

WVU

#7 Feb 17, 2011
I suggest that instead of "reading the articles" watch the video. From my perspective, the 88 was drafting/pushing the 48, the 88 drifted down in the turn and as the 88 eased back up the track, he brought the back of the 48 with him, thus causing the back of the 48 to get loose to the wall. Since the 48 had to slow, the 88, again slows without any hand wavement to the car in back, therefore causing Truex to plow the 88 in the rear. If you would watch the in car video behind the 88 in the Shootout, you will see that the 88 gives no hand motion when he lifts or slowing. Way to go jr, that is 2 trashed race cars and not even a points race yet.
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#8 Feb 17, 2011
3TOES wrote:
I suggest that instead of "reading the articles" watch the video. From my perspective, the 88 was drafting/pushing the 48, the 88 drifted down in the turn and as the 88 eased back up the track, he brought the back of the 48 with him, thus causing the back of the 48 to get loose to the wall. Since the 48 had to slow, the 88, again slows without any hand wavement to the car in back, therefore causing Truex to plow the 88 in the rear. If you would watch the in car video behind the 88 in the Shootout, you will see that the 88 gives no hand motion when he lifts or slowing. Way to go jr, that is 2 trashed race cars and not even a points race yet.
Oh, 3TOES, when they can't blame Junior's wreck on anybody else, then it becomes an "accident" and it's nobodies fault. Junior is never at fault for his own poor performance, you know that.
Trinity

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Feb 17, 2011
Hello,eventually most take responsibility for their mistakes and actions.
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#10 Feb 17, 2011
Say what wrote:
Hello? How is Jimmie backing off the gas and causing the car pushing him, in this case Junior, to have to run into him JUNIOR'S FAULT?? it is called an accident for a reason fools.
Hello! The cars are all moving forward, you can't be at fault for someone hitting you from behind. Junior failed to control HIS own car, and Junior wrecked his own car.

Unless of course, you can show that Jimmie threw his car into reverse and backed into Junior who was behind him at the time.
Jr Haters Suk

Erie, PA

#11 Feb 17, 2011
Well since jimmie said that he "thought the slower cars on the inside were gonna move up". I say he called in scared and Jr's car got tore up because of it. Why don't people watch the interviews?

“Just quit jr.”

Since: Aug 09

WVU

#12 Feb 17, 2011
Jr Haters Suk wrote:
Well since jimmie said that he "thought the slower cars on the inside were gonna move up". I say he called in scared and Jr's car got tore up because of it. Why don't people watch the interviews?
What else is JJ gonna say??? The video says it all...I'll believe what I see, not what I am told after the fact.
Say what

Stafford, VA

#13 Feb 17, 2011
Well ya'lls hating theory just blew up in your face.
Kurt Busch has won the first 2 races of the season, NASCAR fixed it for him.
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#14 Feb 17, 2011
Jr Haters Suk wrote:
Fact is: Jimmie was in front of Junior, so Junior hit Jimmie, no way to blame that on Jimmie. Don't matter if Jimmie moved up, moved down, sped up or slowed down, he has a right to do what he needs to do to control his car. The guy behind him (Junior) is responsible for driving his own car and staying out of the cars that are in front of him. Junior is responsible for controlling his own car, therefore when Junior's car hits someone ahead of him, it can only be Junior's fault.
Elizabeth

Lakeland, FL

#15 Feb 17, 2011
Jr Haters Suk wrote:
How can you even compare anything Johnson does to what Junior does? 5 time champion, vs 0 champ. Scared? That would be Junior. Great driver, hardly any talent driver..........
Say what

Stafford, VA

#16 Feb 17, 2011
Hello DA Truex ran into the back of Jr so it was his fault. How about that?
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#17 Feb 17, 2011
Say what wrote:
Hello DA Truex ran into the back of Jr so it was his fault. How about that?
Truex only hit Junior after Junior had already hit Jimmie and was losing it. So, no, it wasn't Truex's fault, Truex just got caught up in Junior's mess.
Cleo

Gwinn, MI

#18 Feb 17, 2011
I think this is going to be Jr's last year in HMS equipment. For whatever reasons, he's just not producing the desired results. And, imo, he will never as long as he's at HMS. Even when the equipment was blowing up at DEI, at least he was running in the top 10..pretty sad that he's being used as a r&D team for J.J. and Jeff. tsk. tsk.

*sighs*
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#19 Feb 17, 2011
Cleo wrote:
I think this is going to be Jr's last year in HMS equipment. For whatever reasons, he's just not producing the desired results. And, imo, he will never as long as he's at HMS. Even when the equipment was blowing up at DEI, at least he was running in the top 10..pretty sad that he's being used as a r&D team for J.J. and Jeff. tsk. tsk.
*sighs*
It isn't the equipment that's failing, it's Junior himself. Junior's last three years at DEI he finished 19th, 5th and 16th in the standings, averaging 13th. So, he wasn't exactly running top 10, as you said. Junior is not being used as R&D he's driving the best equipment on the track, it's Junior's lack of commitment that gets in the way of his success, not anything lacking in the equipment. Maybe if he would learn to communicate with his team instead of cussing them out, he might do better, but that's also his failing, not the team's.

Sorry to shoot holes in your excuses for Junior, but I do hope you're right on one thing, I do hope this is the last year Rick will allow Junior to be stinking up the HMS garage.
Cleo

Gwinn, MI

#20 Feb 17, 2011
Barnabus wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't the equipment that's failing, it's Junior himself. Junior's last three years at DEI he finished 19th, 5th and 16th in the standings, averaging 13th. So, he wasn't exactly running top 10, as you said. Junior is not being used as R&D he's driving the best equipment on the track, it's Junior's lack of commitment that gets in the way of his success, not anything lacking in the equipment. Maybe if he would learn to communicate with his team instead of cussing them out, he might do better, but that's also his failing, not the team's.
Sorry to shoot holes in your excuses for Junior, but I do hope you're right on one thing, I do hope this is the last year Rick will allow Junior to be stinking up the HMS garage.
I make no excuses. Its what I believe.

You apparently did not watch the races back in 2007. I did..and he was running in the top 10 when most of his engine problems happened. Remember..the averages only are where he finished at the end doesn't say where he was when it happened. Just saying.

I do believe that he is running a R&D to benefit J.J. and Jeff. If you look back at HMS only two teams have ever run well..the others..well, look at Kyle Busch. Since his departure from HMS, he's been proven a winner. IMO, if JR moved to his own team, the results would be better.

HMS and JR just do not fit together. It happens. Look at kyle Busch, and Brian Vickers. Both are doing much better away from the HMS fold.

I have no hate for HMS as you seem to have for JR. Wow..its just a sport. There are other more important things out there, instead of disagreeing on a bunch of overpaid, ungrateful, sports figures.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teresa Earnhardt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bowyer finding some peace as he returns to Kansas (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 24
Michael Waltrip in his biggest fight for survival (Sep '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 31
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 tell me someone 7
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
Martin Truex Jr. knows he must get the job done... (Feb '12) Jun '13 Whoyakidding 7
Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
It's NHRA v. NASCAR in charity baseball game (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jon Benedict 1

Teresa Earnhardt People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE