MARTIN & MARTIN Front Row for DAYTONA 500

Feb 8, 2009 | Posted by: Data_ | Full story: wtrf.com

Martin Truex Jr. has won the pole for the season-opening Daytona 500, while sentimental favorite Mark Martin qualified second.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Feb 13, 2009
Mr Consistency

United States

#1 Feb 8, 2009
WAY TO GO MARK!!!
Frank

United States

#2 Feb 8, 2009
Congrats to both of them.
CRJ

Knoxville, TN

#3 Feb 8, 2009
Glad to see Mark's excitment show up on the track and match what he has shown in each of his interviews. I think people better not underestimate what Mark could do in Hendrick equipment and i can tell you i think he's already a lock to make the Chase. I like Truex, but im hoping he has a bad year so he can take a page out of Dale Jr's book and realize Earnhardt Ganassi or whatever the hell it is, merger or not, is a structure of an organization about to crumble. Ill predict that Mikey Waltrip Racing and Earnhardt Ganassi, if they dont merge together, that if they arent one car race teams at the beginning of next year, will be out of the sport. I want Truex to have a bad year so he and Bass Pro and his crew chief Bono Manion realize that if they want to succeed in Nascar they need to head to a better operation and i could see Truex at Stewart Haas with Bass Pro as sponsor there, maybe at a fourth Gibbs car with Napa as sponsor, or possibly moving Mark Martin over to the Bass Pro car and he and Brad Keselowski splitting that car while Truex takes over the 5 car full time for Mark Martin, as Hendrick really doesnt like splitting rides for any of his cars. I could also see Harvick possibly take over the Stewart Haas #4 Bass Pro Chevy with Truex Jr taking over the #29 Shell Pennzoil Chevy at RCR.
Lisa

AOL

#4 Feb 9, 2009
i agree
Mitch Walrus

AOL

#7 Feb 9, 2009
Great job.
LGR

AOL

#8 Feb 9, 2009
Gratz Mark
HA HA

AOL

#9 Feb 10, 2009
i luv it!
original thread

AOL

#10 Feb 11, 2009
ot bump
CRJ

Burns, TN

#11 Feb 12, 2009
I tell you, after what i witnessed in that 2nd Gatorade Duel with Mark Martin, to anyone that says he isnt driven or doesnt have the motivation or is too over the hill to still drive a car needs to catch the highlights to the end of that race today between he and Kyle Busch. If he didnt have to preserve his car so he didnt wreck it and so he could stay on the front row for the Daytona 500 for Sunday, then i think he would've threaded the hole or made a hole between Kyle Busch's car and the wall, but he didnt press the issue as he would if it was going for the win. Those Hendrick cars, and i mean ONLY the Hendrick drivers and not Stewart-Haas, are really fast and are going to be a hand full to deal with come Sunday.
Mr Consistency

United States

#12 Feb 13, 2009
Right on, CRJ
Should be an interesting race.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teresa Earnhardt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bowyer finding some peace as he returns to Kansas (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 24
Michael Waltrip in his biggest fight for survival (Sep '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 31
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 tell me someone 7
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
Martin Truex Jr. knows he must get the job done... (Feb '12) Jun '13 Whoyakidding 7
Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
It's NHRA v. NASCAR in charity baseball game (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jon Benedict 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Teresa Earnhardt People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••