Late Model Nationals: Ryan Newman is up for more Knoxville excitement

Sep 30, 2010 Full story: Des Moines Register 6

Ryan Newman heard Knoxville Raceway calling from an early age. While growing up in Indiana, the former USAC ace and current NASCAR Sprint Cup Series stalwart knew that to be the best, he needed to dredge up Iowa dirt.

Full Story

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#1 Sep 30, 2010
Does anybody know if Tony is going again this year?
The Fat and the Furious

Detroit, MI

#2 Sep 30, 2010
Nope, sorry! Haven't heard anything about him going.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 Sep 30, 2010
Tony decided not to go after Scott Bloomquist had such a tizz after Tony and Ryan participated last year. Scott's comments are referenced in this article.
The Fat and the Furious

Detroit, MI

#4 Sep 30, 2010
IL Fan of SHR wrote:
Tony decided not to go after Scott Bloomquist had such a tizz after Tony and Ryan participated last year. Scott's comments are referenced in this article.
Thanks for clearing that up.
LTE

Northfield, VT

#5 Sep 30, 2010
IL Fan of SHR wrote:
I was confused by that and didn't know if it meant he pulled out of the feature LAST year or if it meant he was not going this year due to Scott's comments from last year.
debrobeaudean

Elkridge, MD

#6 Sep 30, 2010
well, I admire Tony for not wanting to trend on the toes of those who are series regulars.. I mean I am sure he understands being that he OWNS a dirt track and appreciates their talents.
one day soon he will be back there racing with them... he will not pull a Terry Labonte or Bill Elliot.. I think he will go and race for more fun than to get cars in with his past championships. A true racer he is..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stewart-Haas Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is NASCAR entering fight era? Intensity plus ag... Feb 12 MrTinkerTrain24 1
Top 20 moments of 2014, #4: NASCAR's new Chase ... Jan '15 WelbyMD 1
Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... Sep '14 john 1
Are Tony Stewart's Days as a Contender Over? (May '14) May '14 flatt 13
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 tell me someone 7
Reaction of Stewart-Haas Racing on NASCAR ruling (Sep '13) Sep '13 Manic 2 41
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
More from around the web