Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race

Full story: Hudson Hub-Times

After first avoiding the question, Clint Bowyer denied Tuesday that he intentionally spun his car in an effort to keep Ryan Newman from winning at Richmond and making NASCAR's championship field.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Sep 10, 2013
Lisa Miller

Port Clinton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

I do not believe Clint. I do think any MWR driver should have been taken out of the Chase. They have given Nascar and their sponsors a bad name by "trying to control" the outcome of the race in dishonest ways.
Just my opinion.
Kelly

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

I suspect at some point in the next week or 2 Bowyer will be put into the wall. If that chatter and the spin doesn't convince Bowyer, he is too thickheaded to be racing.........All things point to deliberate and it didn't stop with the spin. Went on to Vickers pitting with 3 laps left and Bowyer pitting twice. And radio chatter there saying they needed one more point. MWR is toast. No respect deserved for the way the team acted.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stewart-Haas Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Tony Stewart's Days as a Contender Over? May '14 flatt 13
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 tell me someone 7
Reaction of Stewart-Haas Racing on NASCAR ruling (Sep '13) Sep '13 Manic 2 41
Kurt Busch may be fourth car for SHR (Aug '13) Aug '13 snow 86
Stewart-Haas boosts effort to sign Kurt Busch (Aug '13) Aug '13 WHOYAKIDDING 31
Tony Stewart awaits second surgery, will miss w... (Aug '13) Aug '13 CatRod53 21
Budweiser following Harvick to SHR in '14 (Jul '13) Jul '13 manic 2 24

Search the Stewart-Haas Racing Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••