Stewart: We had to change direction

Jun 11, 2011 Full story: Winston-Salem Journal 18

Tony Stewart has no wins and only one top-five finish. It's certainly not the kind of season expected out of a two-time Cup champion, so he knew he needed to make a change.

Full Story

“thank you Lord”

Since: Sep 07

Alexandria

#1 Jun 12, 2011
Was Matt Borland Ryan's crew cheif at Penske when Ryan got so many wins due to pitting early????
I think Tony made an Excellent decision here,, while he shoulda coulda woulda won 6 races already this season...Tony, the all around racer, knew where to make his changes.

“Clint give me some sugar”

Since: Aug 10

Poughkeepsie, NY

#2 Jun 12, 2011
nucklehead wrote:
Was Matt Borland Ryan's crew cheif at Penske when Ryan got so many wins due to pitting early????
I think Tony made an Excellent decision here,, while he shoulda coulda woulda won 6 races already this season...Tony, the all around racer, knew where to make his changes.
Debi all that is wrong with Tony is what all men go through is MIDLIFE CRISIS . Go back to his last yr on TSL when people made remarks to him about Kyle B racing anything & every thing. Tony remark was Kyle enjoy it while U R young because when you reach my age you do not have the stamina .Now he has reached 40 and he is racing all the time even before a cup race & trying to keep a girl in her 20s happy .My bro that is 43 has a girlfriend 17 yrs younger and jokes. How much easier it was in his 20s & 30s to satisfy the girls.( if you can get the drift). LOL Smoke raced last nite we will see how he runs today???? But I still pick Smoke for the win !!!!!!!!!!
loser 14

Fleetwood, PA

#3 Jun 12, 2011
DEATH WISH 2 wrote:
<quoted text>Debi all that is wrong with Tony is what all men go through is MIDLIFE CRISIS . Go back to his last yr on TSL when people made remarks to him about Kyle B racing anything & every thing. Tony remark was Kyle enjoy it while U R young because when you reach my age you do not have the stamina .Now he has reached 40 and he is racing all the time even before a cup race & trying to keep a girl in her 20s happy .My bro that is 43 has a girlfriend 17 yrs younger and jokes. How much easier it was in his 20s & 30s to satisfy the girls.( if you can get the drift). LOL Smoke raced last nite we will see how he runs today???? But I still pick Smoke for the win !!!!!!!!!!
He will not win this year.

“thank you Lord”

Alexandria

#4 Jun 12, 2011
DEATH WISH 2 wrote:
<quoted text>Debi all that is wrong with Tony is what all men go through is MIDLIFE CRISIS . Go back to his last yr on TSL when people made remarks to him about Kyle B racing anything & every thing. Tony remark was Kyle enjoy it while U R young because when you reach my age you do not have the stamina .Now he has reached 40 and he is racing all the time even before a cup race & trying to keep a girl in her 20s happy .My bro that is 43 has a girlfriend 17 yrs younger and jokes. How much easier it was in his 20s & 30s to satisfy the girls.( if you can get the drift). LOL Smoke raced last nite we will see how he runs today???? But I still pick Smoke for the win !!!!!!!!!!
that is downright silly.. Tony races more often than anyone else.. he does not lack stamina

“thank you Lord”

Alexandria

#5 Jun 12, 2011
loser 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
He will not win this year.
I hate to confuse you and all,, but I guess you have not noticed the laps other than the last one of each race so far.. but Tony shoulda coulda woulda won 6 races already this season but circumstances took those away...
Do you have a driver that you like??? or do you just come to cause greif for race fans?
loser 14

Fleetwood, PA

#6 Jun 12, 2011
nucklehead wrote:
<quoted text>I hate to confuse you and all,, but I guess you have not noticed the laps other than the last one of each race so far.. but Tony shoulda coulda woulda won 6 races already this season but circumstances took those away...
Do you have a driver that you like??? or do you just come to cause greif for race fans?
BUT HE DID NOT WIN. What has he done lately? NOTHING

Salem, NY

#7 Jun 12, 2011
nucklehead wrote:
<quoted text>that is downright silly.. Tony races more often than anyone else.. he does not lack stamina
Then U R saying Smoke was lying on TSL when he made the statement he could no longer race like KB.HMMMMMMMMMMMMM This needs to be put in the records book. SMOKE is a fibber Bad Smoke.
Yuck

Elkins, WV

#8 Jun 12, 2011
He lacks stamina because he's too busy chasing after his money grubbing leech to prevent another man from walking her to her truck. Maybe he's should do some checking to find out how she's kept herself in parts and tires all these years without him.

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#9 Jun 12, 2011
Yuck wrote:
He lacks stamina because he's too busy chasing after his money grubbing leech to prevent another man from walking her to her truck. Maybe he's should do some checking to find out how she's kept herself in parts and tires all these years without him.
lol I do think you are right , these two have the same moral compass... He knows he is not faithful to any one women...and he knows she is the exact same way ...he has met his moral match in that respect... thing is he thinks by being with her it will keep her from doing other guys...it won't she will just be more creative... cheaters always just find a way to do it anyway. do you really want to live your life like that though...holding her hand to keep her faithful? or his to keep him faithful? really!!!!???

“smokes~ mojo”

#10 Jun 12, 2011
Tony needs to take a good look at the way he is doing things....he may loose it all. He is phoning in his effort and before long the team will be too. And he will have no one to blame but himself..Why should they put out the effort if he is not going to? Be curious how many are already looking for "other opportunities".? He needs to show he will bust his butt if they bust theirs...

Salem, NY

#11 Jun 12, 2011
ruttrosmokesmojo wrote:
Tony needs to take a good look at the way he is doing things....he may loose it all. He is phoning in his effort and before long the team will be too. And he will have no one to blame but himself..Why should they put out the effort if he is not going to? Be curious how many are already looking for "other opportunities".? He needs to show he will bust his butt if they bust theirs...
Could not have written it better.I still think racing the nite before a cup race is just professional suicide.JMO

“smokes~ mojo”

#12 Jun 12, 2011
congrats to gordon
ruttrosmokegotno mojo

United States

#13 Jul 14, 2011
Tony is just gay, we all need to come to terms with it. Just admitt we hate tonys eyes, tonys girl, tonys whatever stupid topix name.

“I rest my case!”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#14 Jul 16, 2011
ruttrosmokegotnomojo wrote:
Tony is just gay, we all need to come to terms with it. Just admitt we hate tonys eyes, tonys girl, tonys whatever stupid topix name.
no mojo? sounds like you got no brain either! Hit the kiddie parks, the sprinklers are on!

“smokes~ mojo”

#15 Jul 16, 2011
ruttrosmokegotnomojo wrote:
Well since you brought it up.., they do not call him screendoor stewie for nothin around the Dirt tracks lol you do know a screen door swings. Both ways lol ....just sayin you really need to go over to the kiddie pool by yo momma. Before we start a series of yo momma,,,,
Ditto Head

Mooresville, NC

#16 Jul 16, 2011
Yo' mamma's so hairy, she looks like she's got Don King in a headlock!!!
Kyle Pee Wee Busch

Fremont, CA

#17 Jul 17, 2011
Tony Stewart is the best driver on the track every Sunday.
Rich

Deltona, FL

#18 Jul 18, 2011
I still don't understand the "Stewart Haas" team.
They get their cars and engines from Hendrick. They get technical support and go to Hendrick meetings. SHR is nothing more than 2 more R&D teams for them.
Johnson gets the good stuff every week and the rest get good cars but far from the 48.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stewart-Haas Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is NASCAR entering fight era? Intensity plus ag... Feb 12 MrTinkerTrain24 1
Top 20 moments of 2014, #4: NASCAR's new Chase ... Jan '15 WelbyMD 1
Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... Sep '14 john 1
Are Tony Stewart's Days as a Contender Over? (May '14) May '14 flatt 13
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 tell me someone 7
Reaction of Stewart-Haas Racing on NASCAR ruling (Sep '13) Sep '13 Manic 2 41
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
More from around the web