Colin

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

i hope you make it sterling! you are my biggest mentor as a racer and everything you do makes me proud....

you BIGGEST FAN NO MATTER WHAT ANYBODY SAYS,

Colin
Robert

Springerville, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

I'm with you, Colin-- I hope Sterling makes the race and has a good finish.
Still a Sterling Fan

North Pole, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Where'd you hear that? I didn't see anything about it. Who owns the 9 car?
Still a Sterling Fan

North Pole, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

It's the 109 car, not the 09 car. Owned by Larry McClure. It'd be cool if he made it into the race, because Sterling's good in the draft there and anything can happen if you're not caught up in "the big one". Fingers crossed.
sterling will make it

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

The man did what he could with ginn's junk and made every race on his own team skill. He will do the same this week too.
Still a Sterling Fan

North Pole, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

Based on the practice times, you can pretty much load that car back in the hauler and beat the traffic right now. I don't know how they expect to pick up 10 mph before qualifying. Still hoping they can just find a way to get in the field. After that, anything can happen.
Still a Sterling Fan

North Pole, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2007

No surprises in qualifying. If he can't get a car in the race, you know it's a piece of junk. At least he got to hook up with some of the guys from the old #4 Kodak team. What a difference 10 years make, huh?
cjb sterling marlin fan

Louisville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2007

i have been a sterling fan since 1994. ive met him several times, hes a good down to earth guy and a heck of a better racer than half of the nextell cup field. however since 2002 he has been driving junk. if he had a gordan or stewart car he would still be winning. i dont know why he has been done this way because hes not like kyle petty or schraeder or bliss or any of those guys give him a good car and the old cat still has it.
Still a Sterling Fan

North Pole, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

I just don't understand why Marlin won't try to run some Busch races. Tons of Cup drivers do that, and they keep themselves in front of team owners and sponsors, plus keep their skills sharp. Maybe he's really not interested in racing full time or even part time any more. Maybe he's good with calling it a career. If that's the case, I wish him well. Anything's better than seeing him climb into a poorly built car every 5 weeks or so and not even getting the car to qualify.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sterling Marlin Discussions

Search the Sterling Marlin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sterling Marlin Retire! (Mar '09) Feb '14 Alfred Tull 39
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '13 ginni withers 5
Fire destroys garage of ex-NASCAR driver Sterli... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Whoyakidding 1
Southern Superstars will try again at Huntsvill... (Jul '12) Oct '12 Happy 2
DVD's (Nov '11) Nov '11 Sandy 1
Ods Hosting Fund-Raiser for Gibbs (Jul '11) Jul '11 John 1
CUP: Track Debate Has Nashville in Uproar (Dec '10) Dec '10 Anonymous 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••