Sterling Marlin loses ride

Full story: WBIR Knoxville

Columbia's Sterling Marlin is out of the Ginn Racing number 14 car, and perhaps out of Nextel Cup racing.
Comments
1 - 20 of 92 Comments Last updated Nov 11, 2007
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
John

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

i beleive that was a c/s move on ginn racings part
what happened to 5 years committment to racing we all heard about 2 months ago
i was a loyal ginn racing fan-but now-
GO HENDRICKS
kurt vanluven

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

I am hoping this leads to a better ride for Sterling. I guess they only want rude blowhards in NASCAR, not classy drivers who race CLEAN!
John Mayfield

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

I agree with you both . He is a class act,& I hope Ginn falls on their face.I guess the owners just want the spoiled brats nowdays. I dont know if I will follow nascar any more.
loretta patterson

Chapel Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2007

GINN RACING,HOW COULD YOU?STERLING MARLIN IS NASCAR,STERLING MARLIN IS A CLASS ACT!ALWAYS WILL BE,ANY TEAM SHOULD BE PROUD TO HAVE HIM. I HOPE ANOTHER TEAM GIVES HIM A RIDE.A REALLY GOOD ONE!!!IF ONLY EVERY DRIVER IN NASCAR COULD BE LIKE HIM,RACE DAY WOULD BE GREAT.THE YOUNG DRIVERS COULD LEARN A THING OR TWO ABOUT BEING A CLASS ACT.YOU GO STERLING.THIS OLD SOUTHERN GIRL HAS GOT YOUR BACK!!!!!!!!!!THANKS FOR BEING A CLASS ACT.THE SOUTH WILL DO IT AGAIN !!!!!!!! ALWAYS A STERLING FAN IN CHAPLE HILL TENNESSEE!!!!!!!!!!
Iris Hager

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2007

Bobby Ginn, what happened to the statement you made that Sterling Marlin could drive for you as long as he wanted? He could have been in victory circle this year, if he had had a competitive car. He still has what it takes to win races. Ginn Racing has lost the respect of this NASCAR fan.
Brent Beatty

Seymour, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2007

I've seen Sterling on some of his bulldozers, that handled better and out run some the #$!% cars that Ginn Racing allowed him to run. I am confident that with the right team Sterling could be a championship contender. The next few weeks will prove that the problem was not in the driver seat, but in the owners' decisions or the lack there of! Don't worry about it Sterling, the beer is colder on Sunday's, at race time, anyway!
Nascar is going to hell in a hand basket!
Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2007

Sterling deserves better than a back stabbing SOB like Ginn. He'll get his in the end. Get the word out to friends and family to Boycott Ginn Resorts!!!!

Sterling has had alot of hard luck in his career, the neck injury when he would have won the championship.... and the absolute best and worst when he got out of the car at the Daytona 500 to fix the fender... "I saw Earnhardt do it at the Firecracker 400"!!!!! that was the best!!!!

I hope he has a chance to get a part time ride next season. It's what he wants, and it would give us fans a chance to send him off right....

Since: Jul 07

Chapel Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2007

STERLING MARLIN CAN AND WILL SURVIVE.MAYBE GIBBS RACING WILL GIVE HIM A RIDE.THE #14 SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN TO SOMEONE ELSE,THAT NUMBER HAS SPECIAL MEANING TO OTHERS.HAVE A BIT OF RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!I HOPE GINN CAN HOLD HIS HEAD UP.I KNOW ONE GOOD OLE COUNTRY BOY WHO CAN.AND HE'S 100%PURE STERLING!!!!!!!!!!WHEN YOU HURT STERLING,YOU HURT ALL OF US OLE HILLBILLIES.STERLING,THANKS FOR BEING A REAL CLASS ACT.AND THANKS FOR BEING A PROUD GOOD OLE BOY FROM THE SOUTH.WISHING YOU THE BEST.PROUD TO BE A GIRL FROM MIDDLE TENNESSEE!!!!!!!!!!
mark dunbar pa

Connellsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2007

ginn can go to hell and so can nascar if sterling don't get a ride it's a hugh loss to all nascar fans. think i'll quit fallowing nascar.
odessadude

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2007

Jr Burton Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldnt agree more!
And now they are trying to recruit hip hops into Nascar using Dale Junior's new shoe sponsor.

Can I ask you folks what in the hell is going on with Nascar??????????

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2007

loretta patterson wrote:
STERLING MARLIN CAN AND WILL SURVIVE.MAYBE GIBBS RACING WILL GIVE HIM A RIDE.THE #14 SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN TO SOMEONE ELSE,THAT NUMBER HAS SPECIAL MEANING TO OTHERS.HAVE A BIT OF RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!I HOPE GINN CAN HOLD HIS HEAD UP.I KNOW ONE GOOD OLE COUNTRY BOY WHO CAN.AND HE'S 100%PURE STERLING!!!!!!!!!!WHEN YOU HURT STERLING,YOU HURT ALL OF US OLE HILLBILLIES.STERLING,THANKS FOR BEING A REAL CLASS ACT.AND THANKS FOR BEING A PROUD GOOD OLE BOY FROM THE SOUTH.WISHING YOU THE BEST.PROUD TO BE A GIRL FROM MIDDLE TENNESSEE!!!!!!!!!!
You GO Girl...I Agree!!

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2007

Jr Burton Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you what's happen, corporate sponsors control the sports! When it should be talent dictating who should drive a car, that quality doesnt matter anymore! All you have to be now is young, good looking, marketability and some personality and you drive a race car! Instead of owners telling the sponsor who's the driver, it's the other way around! Unless you have a championship under your belt, if your a veteran and lookin for a competitive ride, you have a better chance of timetravel! It's really a shame the direction the sports taking!
hey whats up? Think Jr. got one 4 us soon? SURE!!!
Josh from Pennsylvania

Lock Haven, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2007

I've been a Sterling fan since I was 6 years old. I'm now 20 years old, and I still count for him every week. I just went to Richmond a couple months ago, and now because of this, thank God I did. I can't help but question everything that's going on with NASCAR. This is one of the biggest blows to NASCAR since Dale died in 2001. It's all about the money. It's all about the equipment. I mean c'mon, look up Jimmie Johnson's Busch series stats. He use to drive unsponsered pieces of junk. He didn't win. He just had the right smile, and knew the right people. It's rediculous. Put Sterling in the #48 or any other car and I personally guarantee that he makes the chase. Whatever, if Sterling doesn't race Sunday at Indy, in whatever car it may be, I'm done with this huge advertisement they call NASCAR. (Except for when Sterling's racing). Go to hell NEXTEL and Ginn Racing. People like you ruined NASCAR.
Dirtracer Vin

College Park, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

NASCAR is a sell out. Smaller cars with ghetto wings, dump any driver that is not a cutie boy and wanna be rap star or street fighter. They have lost sight of the gentleman's, family oriented good old boy, lifestyle that made them what they used to be. Sterling, if you see this we are all still behind you, you deserve better.

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Dirtracer Vin wrote:
NASCAR is a sell out. Smaller cars with ghetto wings, dump any driver that is not a cutie boy and wanna be rap star or street fighter. They have lost sight of the gentleman's, family oriented good old boy, lifestyle that made them what they used to be. Sterling, if you see this we are all still behind you, you deserve better.
Yes we are !!!! yes I beleive Sterling stil has it if he just had the car...STERLING IS STIL A HONEY!! Love them ole country boy,s ! goog day 2 u
nebraskan4marlin

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Josh from Pennsylvania wrote:
I've been a Sterling fan since I was 6 years old. I'm now 20 years old, and I still count for him every week. I just went to Richmond a couple months ago, and now because of this, thank God I did. I can't help but question everything that's going on with NASCAR. This is one of the biggest blows to NASCAR since Dale died in 2001. It's all about the money. It's all about the equipment. I mean c'mon, look up Jimmie Johnson's Busch series stats. He use to drive unsponsered pieces of junk. He didn't win. He just had the right smile, and knew the right people. It's rediculous. Put Sterling in the #48 or any other car and I personally guarantee that he makes the chase. Whatever, if Sterling doesn't race Sunday at Indy, in whatever car it may be, I'm done with this huge advertisement they call NASCAR.(Except for when Sterling's racing). Go to hell NEXTEL and Ginn Racing. People like you ruined NASCAR.
I couln't agree more. Put Marlin in a car that is at least halfway fast and he'll blow past all these "young guns".

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Josh from Pennsylvania wrote:
I've been a Sterling fan since I was 6 years old. I'm now 20 years old, and I still count for him every week. I just went to Richmond a couple months ago, and now because of this, thank God I did. I can't help but question everything that's going on with NASCAR. This is one of the biggest blows to NASCAR since Dale died in 2001. It's all about the money. It's all about the equipment. I mean c'mon, look up Jimmie Johnson's Busch series stats. He use to drive unsponsered pieces of junk. He didn't win. He just had the right smile, and knew the right people. It's rediculous. Put Sterling in the #48 or any other car and I personally guarantee that he makes the chase. Whatever, if Sterling doesn't race Sunday at Indy, in whatever car it may be, I'm done with this huge advertisement they call NASCAR.(Except for when Sterling's racing). Go to hell NEXTEL and Ginn Racing. People like you ruined NASCAR.
You are so right ! I think its a damn shame the way they treat
the ole boys of Nascar. I could listen to Sterling talk all day ...great person also,hopefully something
will come his way! have a good day

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

gosh i can spell still....lol
Earl Smith

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

NASCAR is nothing but Hollywood anymore. I hate Sterling lost his ride. I have basically stopped supporting NASCAR a while back because of it's direction.

Now I watch NHRA DRAG RACIN'!!! 7000 HP and 320 MPH... now that's a rush !!!

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Jr Burton Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the funniest thing i ever heard Marlin say was a few years ago he was wrecked at Watkins Glen by Greg Biffle, and when asked what happen, he said "Aww, i just got wrecked by bug-eyed dummy", i laughed my ass off when i heard that! I hope Sterlin lands back on the feet.
yes that was so funny. so was the time when he got out and pulled the fender
out I still laugh my butt off about it.remember when
he was in the #4 kodak car? do you remember when he won Daytona 500 back to back? I think it wuz 94 &95 ?
It would have been great if Sterling could of won it
again in 96 !Took the dang lead and blows up with 3 to
go...but thats racing! STERLING WE LOVE YA!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sterling Marlin Discussions

Search the Sterling Marlin Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Sterling Marlin Retire! (Mar '09) Feb '14 Alfred Tull 39
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '13 ginni withers 5
Fire destroys garage of ex-NASCAR driver Sterli... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Whoyakidding 1
Southern Superstars will try again at Huntsvill... (Jul '12) Oct '12 Happy 2
DVD's (Nov '11) Nov '11 Sandy 1
Ods Hosting Fund-Raiser for Gibbs (Jul '11) Jul '11 John 1
CUP: Track Debate Has Nashville in Uproar (Dec '10) Dec '10 Anonymous 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••