Still a Sterling Fan

North Pole, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2007

Sterling qualifies 15th fastest at Homestead. Gotta love it for now. Where were these guys 2 months ago? They could have been qualifying some cars with Sterling behind the wheel, and suddenly he would have been in the discussion when it came to the non-Chase cars. I hope there's a good result in the race and some carryover to next year.
been there

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2007

I didn't know they were going to do the homestead cup race... but not surprised... Finch loves south FL and the keys... I got to spend some time on Finches boat with sterling, paula, and coo coo a few years ago... they may have lost some races but they never lost a party...
you know it has to chap some sponsors butts... here is a stand alone... non factory team... second time with the COT and they set 15th fast time... while guys with 10 million$$ plus sponsors and factory support go home... got to love it...
I think/believe they will run the first 5 races of 08 just to see where they end up... worth a ton of $$ if they can get in the top 35
Still a Sterling Fan

North Pole, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2007

Well, Sterling has one top 5 and two top 10's at Homestead in 7 races, so this is not a bad track for him. I'll be interested to see how the car holds up and whether they get the pit crew and spotter on the same page this week. If he can run like he did the second half of last week's race it could make for a great lead-in to next year's schedule.
Still a Sterling Fan

North Pole, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2007

See you all in 2008.
cjb sterling marlin fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2007

sterling has showed alot of fire for a 50+ year old man i believe and always will if you took gordan or john son out of their cars and stuck a sterling marlin in it he would win all the time just like they do . remeber in 2000 and 2001 sterling was the spoiler the # 40 was the top of the line car if it wasnt for steling ganasi would still be trying to build a cup team sterling is a true nascar legend to me title or not maybe we will see him win a nationwide race this year in the james finch #4 car formally know as the busch series .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sterling Marlin Discussions

Search the Sterling Marlin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sterling Marlin Retire! (Mar '09) Feb '14 Alfred Tull 39
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '13 ginni withers 5
Fire destroys garage of ex-NASCAR driver Sterli... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Whoyakidding 1
Southern Superstars will try again at Huntsvill... (Jul '12) Oct '12 Happy 2
DVD's (Nov '11) Nov '11 Sandy 1
Ods Hosting Fund-Raiser for Gibbs (Jul '11) Jul '11 John 1
CUP: Track Debate Has Nashville in Uproar (Dec '10) Dec '10 Anonymous 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••