Age not adding up to wins in NASCAR

Age not adding up to wins in NASCAR

There are 47 comments on the Sportsillustrated.cnn.com story from Dec 5, 2006, titled Age not adding up to wins in NASCAR. In it, Sportsillustrated.cnn.com reports that:

Matt Kenseth had me caught in a lie ... or so he thought. The word was out at the banquet I was doing a story on older drivers going winless in the sport this year, and he refused to believe what he was ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sportsillustrated.cnn.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Renee

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Dec 8, 2006
Yup Jr. Out of the drivers that have tested that thing, it's been the vets that have raved about it while the younger drivers hate it.

Michael Waltrip loved it because he's so big(height wise) that he feels more comfortable in it and loves the way it handles.
Marlin for President

Plattsmouth, NE

#3 Dec 11, 2006
Well, the COT just looks odd! I am a huge fan of the elder NASCAR driver's and i hope that this does give them the edge back! On the other hand, I think Brian France is ruining NASCAR! True it has grown to leaps and bounds, but it seems to me that Corp. NASCAR has turned their back on the fans that built, and truly love the sport! Just yesterday, I was doing some Christmas shopping, and I saw 3 individuals walking together all wearing a NASCAR jacket. I approached them, told them I liked the jackets, and I asked who the driver was that they were so proudly wearing...not one of them could tell me!!! If this is what Brian France wants out of NASCAR, then he is surely headed in the right direction! Brian France, quit ruining NASCAR!
Renee

Surprise, AZ

#5 Dec 11, 2006
troll
umpire

United States

#7 Dec 17, 2006
Dale sr. wrecked and pushed and was maybe the most dirty underhanded driver in the history of nascar. To place blame on Sterling for Dales death is ludicrous. It is a little more than just ironic that he died getting pushed rather than killing someone by pushing them. He lived by the bumper, and died by the bumper. The end justifies the means........I call em like I see em
ranman69

AOL

#8 Dec 17, 2006
You got that right umpire. Dale was the most hated and the most loved driver there ever was, but he wouldn't get any awards for his clean driving style. Too bad people can't get over the past and look forward for tomorrow.
Renee

Surprise, AZ

#9 Dec 17, 2006
Umpire, nobody blames Sterling for it. Yes, Sterling was bumping him and caused the wreck but remember, Dale's neck snapped causing him to die.

What is getting people is how rude you and that Fruit person are about it. YOU are saying Sterling killed him, not us.
umpire

United States

#10 Dec 17, 2006
Renee wrote:
Umpire, nobody blames Sterling for it. Yes, Sterling was bumping him and caused the wreck but remember, Dale's neck snapped causing him to die.
What is getting people is how rude you and that Fruit person are about it. YOU are saying Sterling killed him, not us.
RUDE? Who was being rude? All I posted was pure truth. As far as "nobody blames sterling", You just said sterling was bumping him and caused the wreck. He recieved death threats after that day in feb. Every Dale fan blamed him. Truth be known, it was his own fault. But the truth will never be known, due to his taresa E and her buying off whomever she had to, to keep the reason of dales death a secret. Some day those autopsy photos and facts will come out to shed light on what really happened. Untill then we will have to endure all of those #3 with wings around it bumper stickers. All of the "buckle up for dale" stickers. I'll bet DEI made all of them, and sold them for 1000% profit just to keep the money comming in. I also hope Dale jr. leaves DEI after the 07 season, and doesn't return untill he can buy out the greedy widow. How is that for RUDE.........I call em like I see em.
Renee

Surprise, AZ

#11 Dec 17, 2006
Rude is saying he got what he deserved. Nobody in racing 'deserves' to die for the way they raced. The only people who deserve to die in this world are killers and rapists. That is why I said you all were being rude. Despite your personal opinion about Dale, he didn't deserve to die.

Sterling caused the wreck, and Dale died from injuries of that wreck, but it was a freak accident. How many other guys have been in worse wrecks and been fine? TONS. It was the way he hit the wall that did it.

Shoot, you want to talk about someone that should have been dead after a NASCAR wreck look at Michael Waltrip's 1990 Bristol wreck. How he survived that one I'll never know, and how Dale died from something not as bad is just crazy.

Bottom line, for the third time, no driver deserves to die. Your saying he got what he deserves is way out of line. I don't care if it was Robby Gordon in that place. I hate that man with a vengance but I would never wish he died or say that he got what he deserved if he did die in a wreck on track. He's worse than Dale ever was with his wrecking people. Robby's a moron who cheats and still can't win.
umpire

United States

#12 Dec 18, 2006
no where did I say he deserved anything. Go back and read my posts.
Renee

Surprise, AZ

#13 Dec 18, 2006
Umpire, what does "the end justifies the means" mean then? To me, that means "he got what he deserved".

But Fruit DID say that was the best thing Sterling ever did. What a moron.

If you honestly didn't mean to make it seems as if you are happy or think Dale "got what he deserved", then my apologies. The way you typed that made it seem like that's what you were saying
umpire

United States

#14 Dec 18, 2006
I have # 3 things all over my office. From Die casts, To autographed photos, to limited edition prints. Hats , shirts, Too many things to mention. In fact I rooted for #3 for years untill Bobby Labonte came on the scene. I'm not a hater. All I was saying is what goes around comes around. Instant Karma I guess. Don't get me confused with the sweatervested fruit. I'm not a hater just an old fan that wishes people would let it go. I have no problem with you R.
Linda from Pennsylvania

Oakboro, NC

#15 Jan 4, 2007
Sweatervested fruit wrote:
The best thing Sterling Marlin ever did was push Dale Sr. into that wall.
You are a sick person. I wouldn't want to see anyone die even if I didn't like the way he raced.
ranman69

United States

#16 Jan 6, 2007
Linda from Pennsylvania wrote:
<quoted text>You are a sick person. I wouldn't want to see anyone die even if I didn't like the way he raced.
Well I don't want to see anyone die, but mabe just a little bump on the head or something for Robby Gordon or possibly just a helmet to the left jaw, could you go along with that?
Renee

Phoenix, AZ

#18 Jan 6, 2007
Jr in 07 wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds good to me, he needed that a long time ago!
totally agree, maybe Michael Waltrip can reproduce what he did to Dave Marcus back in 92, and split Robby's lip, or give him two fists to his helmet like Michael did to Lake Speed back in 95.

I usually don't wish harm on ANY driver, but Robby's just a punk and deserves it. I wouldn't wish great injury on him, but he deserves to be popped by a driver, I don't care who, but SOMEONE. Maybe Spencer should, like he did to Busch years ago.
FISH

AOL

#19 Jan 13, 2007
I certainly hope Sterling has a better year this year. The way it stands now it seems the same five to eight faces are always winning and they get all the media attention. It would be great to see Sterling back in he winners circle.
Robert Cramer

Salem, OR

#20 Jan 14, 2007
I believe Matt Kenseth and the Rousch Racing bunch are going to be back in form this year. Look for Kenseth to win another Cup.
umpire

United States

#22 Jan 15, 2007
Renee wrote:
<quoted text>
totally agree, maybe Michael Waltrip can reproduce what he did to Dave Marcus back in 92, and split Robby's lip, or give him two fists to his helmet like Michael did to Lake Speed back in 95.
I usually don't wish harm on ANY driver, but Robby's just a punk and deserves it. I wouldn't wish great injury on him, but he deserves to be popped by a driver, I don't care who, but SOMEONE. Maybe Spencer should, like he did to Busch years ago.
Say what you will about Robby, Other than Ken Schrader, Robby is the only true racer left in nascar. This is comming from a bobby labonte fan. This guy,when not racing on sundays is every where in the world racing everything on wheels. Dakar, is the biggest race in the world. The last three or four years robby has been there. He is getting better every year as well. When he isn't there, he is racing baha in cali. I know that some of the other nascar stars race a little on the side, but no one can tell me that tony stewart winning a midget race even comes close to the Dakar rally. As far as another driver poping him, I dont see anyone ever doing that. I remember he had a clash with stewart on the track. Later in the gerage the only reason tony didnt loose any teeth was that his team pulled robby off him. Had him around the neck he did. As far as waltrip, he may feel like a tough guy hitting an old man like the GREAT Dave Marcus, but I'm sure that would go over like a lead baloon with a guy like robby. In fact, the more I think about it, I may like to see someone shut that loud mouth up. My wife thinks he's a homo that hasn't come out of the closet. ROFLMFAO.I think she is right.
Renee

Phoenix, AZ

#23 Jan 15, 2007
Umpire, the only reason Robby is in NASCAR is to make the money so he can race the other stuff. I guess if he was better in the other stuff, he wouldn't have to race NASCAR for money. He doesn't want to be there, and nobody wants him there. That was clear after his stunt of brake checking Michael at Louden. Even on INSIDE NEXTEL CUP, Scott Riggs said "You can't fix stupid",referring to Robby.
I don't give a crap about other racing. I don't watch it, don't care.
As far as Michael being a "closet homosexual" don't get jealous just because he's got a hotter wife than you. You have no clue about Michael's sexuality other than your own speculation. Well, takes one to know one dude. Get my meaning?
Either way, I know Michael's not gay at all. If you paid more attention to him instead of insulting him, you'd know so too. I have good friends who have been right there with Michael & his wife just before he gets into his car to race, and have heard how they talk to each other, saw the love they have for each other, so no, sorry to disappoint you but he's not gay by far. I could tell you a few guys to watch out for that most likely are, but I don't want to make their fans mad.
ranman69

United States

#24 Jan 16, 2007
Umpire, you must just be north Florida redneck stupid!! To make such statements only goes to show how really ignorant you are. Only God knows all the secrets in your life, and you should be thankful that He's not telling.
Renee

Phoenix, AZ

#25 Jan 16, 2007
North Florida, not hardly dude, quit making assumptions. Just makes an a$$ out of you cause God knows I didn't say it

Have a nice life moron

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Marlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sterling Marlin Retire! (Mar '09) Feb '14 Alfred Tull 39
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '13 ginni withers 5
News Fire destroys garage of ex-NASCAR driver Sterli... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Whoyakidding 1
News Southern Superstars will try again at Huntsvill... (Jul '12) Oct '12 Happy 2
DVD's (Nov '11) Nov '11 Sandy 1
News Ods Hosting Fund-Raiser for Gibbs (Jul '11) Jul '11 John 1
News CUP: Track Debate Has Nashville in Uproar (Dec '10) Dec '10 Anonymous 1
More from around the web