Marlin has driveshaft problem

Marlin has driveshaft problem

There are 4 comments on the Daily Herald story from Apr 18, 2007, titled Marlin has driveshaft problem. In it, Daily Herald reports that:

“I hate that we couldn't have had a better finish on a weekend that's been so heavy on our hearts”

A problem with the driveshaft on the No. 14 Panasonic Chevrolet relegated Sterling Marlin to a 34th-place finish in Sunday's Samsung 500 here at Texas Motor Speedway. via Daily Herald

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Herald.

Ram Driver

Scottsdale, AZ

#1 Apr 30, 2007
Yesterday's race was too much equity of track/cars/driver for much of the race, Talladega has a new surface, cars have resticter plates, something has to GO!!

It was like watching a "moving parking lot" most of the race. anyone else think of like this also???
Ram Driver

Scottsdale, AZ

#2 Apr 30, 2007
Sorry that Sterlin didn't finish better, but the Tech. Guy's have toget better at fixing the 'little' Gremlins. This kind of failure is a 50's type problem, not a "Today's".

Look at all the little ODD type failures of the last few years, too many cheap priced parts have lost races!!!!

Since: Feb 07

Edmonton, KY

#3 May 13, 2007
I agree, Ginn needs to get all the resources available to make Sterlings car
able to win races and a much deserved championship.
Ginn wants to hire earnhardt Jr. and he is willing to pay the whoping sum of 28 million to get him. This money should be used to better all the race cars,so they can win and contend for the championship..
I like Jr. but I don't want him at Ginn.They have Sterling and nemechek signed fulltime and Martin,Boris Said, and some rookie part time. Ginn doesn't need another driver.
Also,I agree with ram driver,Sterling's tech aren't doing their job,nor ishis crew cheif. Afterall Slugger levy was fired from DUI,he didn't do a good job for Waltrip or Earnhardt JR.Also,isn't he one of the crew cheifs Dale Jarrod couldn't work with and had fired? Sterling likes him,I wish Lee McCall would leave Ganassi/Sabates and come to Ginn and be Sterlings crewchief again,they worked well together.I hope his crew is doing their jobs....

Since: Apr 07

Norfolk, VA

#4 May 16, 2007
Maybe they should ask Hendricks for advice. They obviously seem to have the bugs worked out. After all, Ginn can aford to pay for the advice!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Marlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sterling Marlin Retire! (Mar '09) Feb '14 Alfred Tull 39
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '13 ginni withers 5
News Fire destroys garage of ex-NASCAR driver Sterli... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Whoyakidding 1
News Southern Superstars will try again at Huntsvill... (Jul '12) Oct '12 Happy 2
DVD's (Nov '11) Nov '11 Sandy 1
News Ods Hosting Fund-Raiser for Gibbs (Jul '11) Jul '11 John 1
News CUP: Track Debate Has Nashville in Uproar (Dec '10) Dec '10 Anonymous 1
More from around the web