Martin will leave Roush Racing for MB2

Full story: MSNBC Sports 30
Mark Martin will leave Roush Racing at the end of this season to drive a partial NASCAR Nextel Cup schedule for MB2 Racing, The Associated Press learned Thursday night. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
smagma

Huntsville, TX

#1 Nov 15, 2006
What the hell happened between the two? I am very sad to see an icon to Ford racing switch sides. Now as far as I'm concerned, Mark Martin is a TRAITOR! My he suck next year.
M-Mark fan-1

Mount Rainier, MD

#2 Nov 18, 2006
The traitor is you for not supporting Mark just because he switched products.
mindy

Scotts Valley, CA

#3 Nov 18, 2006
M-Mark fan-1 wrote:
The traitor is you for not supporting Mark just because he switched products.
I will always love Mark Martin nomatter what,heck i ever have his Folger's pit uniform and a light duty jacket also Folger's..I will like him nomatter if he is Ford,Chevy,Dodge,or even Toyota...He is a great man...And how about that win in the Truck race??? awesome way to end the truck series year huh???MARK MARTIN IS ONE OF THE GREAT'S
M-Mark fan-1

Mount Rainier, MD

#4 Nov 18, 2006
Yeah Mark is the man, he would have been so very dominant in the Truck series on a full time basis. And Folger's, shoot, I remember back to the Stroh's Light and ASA days. Mark is a class act and an amazing race car driver, one of the best to ever suit up in my opinion.
bobgra00

United States

#5 Nov 20, 2006
Mark is a tribute to NASCAR,always a gentelman he would never knowingly cause another competitor to wreck. As far as him switching to Chevy great move,i think part of his problem this year was poor equipment. NASCAR fan for thirty years i think i speak with some wisdom.
William Maturi

Raleigh, NC

#6 Nov 20, 2006
Mark is not a traitor. Just because he will not be driving fords next year does not make him any less a person or driver. If YOU were really a Mark Martin fan YOU would support him not the Ford Motor Company. Mark is getting for his son Matt, who is one heck of a racer already, to get into the big time when it is time. Have been a fan since the ASA days. GOOD LUCK MARK.
Ron

Corpus Christi, TX

#7 Nov 21, 2006
its not the car but the driver that makes racing and Mark sets the standard hi some younger drivers need to set up and learn
dawgs44637

Cleveland, OH

#8 Nov 22, 2006
smagma wrote:
What the hell happened between the two? I am very sad to see an icon to Ford racing switch sides. Now as far as I'm concerned, Mark Martin is a TRAITOR! My he suck next year.
i hope mark wins evry race hes in piss on roush jack is the traitor
kitman2

Lethbridge, Canada

#9 Nov 24, 2006
smagma wrote:
Get real dork.....Mark is a drivers driver....he could be a winner in a rickshaw if that was what was being raced.
IT ain't the car or manufacture..it's the people that win races.
Please clean your glasses to enhance your view on life.
kitman2

Lethbridge, Canada

#10 Nov 24, 2006
dawgs44637 wrote:
<quoted text>i hope mark wins evry race hes in piss on roush jack is the traitor
Clean your glasses and see the previous comment as to who is a dork!!
James

Washington, DC

#11 Nov 24, 2006
Yes I agree it Sad that Rousch And Mark couldn't get things together to do one more season. Mark did jack a favor this year and Jack shouldn't put so must pressure on Mark to Drive a full time schedule if he doesn't want too. Jack has made a big mistake on not working out a plan to have Mark with him.I also think Mark will do good next year. Yes Mark is what Nascar should want ALL of their driver to be like. Even if Mark hasn't won a championship he has proven that he is one of the GREATS driver of all times. He has help so many driver become what they are today.I very happy to say even though I don't like chevys I will be a "MARK MARTIN FAN UNTIL THE END"!!!!! Mark I want to Thank You For all you have done for Nascar.Best of luck next year.
Keep On winning for your Fans
James
smagma wrote:
Nascar Bitch

Jacksonville, AR

#12 Jan 11, 2007
smagma
Houston, TX Reply
|Flag for Review Nov 15, 2006

What in the hell are you thinking???? Ok, I had to pause for a few minutes after reading this, before I said something that I could not take back. First of all, I am glad he left Jack. He has never been given a car that would give him a shot at the Championship, and every spot he has had, he earned!!! He is the only reason that I ever got involved in this sport, and the thought of him not being out there running on Sunday's made my heart hurt. I am so glad that he has agreed to go to Ginn Racing at the bargain price of 14 million for part time work! I also know Mark well, and if he is in contention, there will be nothing part~time about 2007. He will run the entire year! Not only am I a fan, but I am his cousin, and I am so proud of him, on and off of the track! You obviously are not a true fan...I think we call people like you Band Wagon fans! One of the things that has always been in Nascar, is fan loyalty! There is no other like it, and Nascar fans are the most loyal to their driver til the bitter end! Mark Martin finally has the number he deserves....01.

Since: Jan 07

Jefferson City, MO

#13 Jan 11, 2007
Mark will show these young drivers how to get it done. Look forward to seeing him race. Soon all the pros will be gone and NASCAR won't be the same.
Don - Mark Martin Fan

United States

#14 Jan 13, 2007
I am very glad Mark is running this year. I had very little interest in stock car racing till 1999. I was more into the funny cars. Mark got me really interested. Thinking he was not racing anymore is a sorry thought
Race on all!!!
Jennifer Watts

Waynesville, NC

#15 Jan 16, 2007
don't know if yall heard the guy who had lung cancer died
DON BOWDELL

AOL

#16 Jan 26, 2007
I AM NO LONGER A MARTIN FAN.

Since: Jan 07

Boonville, IN

#17 Jan 26, 2007
DON BOWDELL wrote:
I AM NO LONGER A MARTIN FAN.
Then you never were.
Hamlin fan

Piscataway, NJ

#18 Jan 27, 2007
smagma wrote:
He's better off in a chevy those Fords suck big time just like there shit on the road!!!

Since: Dec 06

Duluth, MN

#19 Jan 27, 2007
You've got to believe whether it's Gibbs, Hendrick, or Roush, they are the elite.....If Martin couldn't get the job done with Roush, there's no way he'll be able to do it in substandard equipment with a half schedule.......
Jennifer Watts

Waynesville, NC

#21 Jan 27, 2007
hiya anderson 24 I'm ok now,still no sign of cat yet

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Marlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sterling Marlin Retire! (Mar '09) Feb '14 Alfred Tull 39
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '13 ginni withers 5
Fire destroys garage of ex-NASCAR driver Sterli... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Whoyakidding 1
Southern Superstars will try again at Huntsvill... (Jul '12) Oct '12 Happy 2
DVD's (Nov '11) Nov '11 Sandy 1
Ods Hosting Fund-Raiser for Gibbs (Jul '11) Jul '11 John 1
CUP: Track Debate Has Nashville in Uproar (Dec '10) Dec '10 Anonymous 1
More from around the web