COORS based in Colorado Now Sterling?

Posted in the Sterling Marlin Forum

DAG_23

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Aug 23, 2007
Coors is based in Colorado and has a good relationship with Sterling Marlin. Sterling Marlin is working with a Colorado based Race team. Everyone knows that the silver bullet race car never looked as good as it did when it was driven by "Da Man". As a diehard Sterling Marlin fan lets see 1 more full time season.
Kathy

AOL

#3 Sep 7, 2007
Hope the man upstairs is listening......just doesn't seem the same without him....didn't even go to Richmond 'cause he wasn't there.....
cjb

AOL

#4 Sep 7, 2007
sterling is a real driver. Nascar needs reeeeel drivers now more than ever. 1 more full season in a good car and he will win a race.
cjb

AOL

#5 Sep 7, 2007
has anyone heard why sterling didn't qualify the 78 car this week. Also has anyone heard if he has had any other offers to drive for any teams next year.
Still a Sterling Fan

North Pole, AK

#6 Sep 8, 2007
I think Sterling wasn't in the 78 car this week for two reasons:
1. Nemechek qualified it last week and it wasn't his fault the engine blew 8 laps in (see my previous prediction about Nemechek qualifying but not being on the lead lap at the end). He did what Marlin and Wimmer couldn't do: he got the car in the race. That's really all that matters to the team owner right now, because they know they don't have a car that's even good enough for a top 10, let alone a win. So, you go with what works: Nemechek is a great qualifier. He deserves another shot.
2. It wouldn't surprise me if Sterling just walked away from the deal. He was just being stuck in a musical chairs situation, and it probably felt a little stupid being shuffled around. Maybe he finally realized that this isn't the year for him and decided to hang it up and see if next year he can get a part-time deal with a stable team.

Putting Wallace in the 88 car wasn't a slight to Sterling. Wallace always makes for some good publicity, he works the interviews even when he's not competitive, his big brother has name recognition. Sterling's likely to be an afterthought at the end of the season. He'll be just another guy hanging around or fading from memory. If all he wants is the occasional rush of getting behind the wheel, that might be the best anyone will offer him.
Still a Sterling Fan

North Pole, AK

#7 Sep 8, 2007
Tom Jensen of Speed TV and Fox said that Nemechek has a five-race deal with Furniture Row. He'll go at least 3 more races after this week. That pretty much does it for Sterling and that team, I think.
Still a Sterling Fan

North Pole, AK

#8 Sep 9, 2007
Nemechek said, "Well, look at the bright side. My dollars per hour wage goes way up when I finish early like this. I mean, after 100 laps I usually need a nap or something. Thank goodness the 78 car is so well prepared each week. We had the trailer out of the parking lot before the rush."
cjb

Loudon, TN

#9 Sep 17, 2007
ive searched all over the net is sterling jobless or does he have any offers for 2008

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Marlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sterling Marlin Retire! (Mar '09) Feb '14 Alfred Tull 39
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '13 ginni withers 5
Fire destroys garage of ex-NASCAR driver Sterli... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Whoyakidding 1
Southern Superstars will try again at Huntsvill... (Jul '12) Oct '12 Happy 2
DVD's (Nov '11) Nov '11 Sandy 1
Ods Hosting Fund-Raiser for Gibbs (Jul '11) Jul '11 John 1
CUP: Track Debate Has Nashville in Uproar (Dec '10) Dec '10 Anonymous 1

Sterling Marlin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE