McMurray Ends 166-Race Winless Streak

Jamie McMurray ended a massive losing streak in dramatic fashion, beating Kyle Busch by a bumper to the finish line of the Pepsi 400 on Saturday night. Full Story
Alyson

Green Cove Springs, FL

#1 Jul 8, 2007
The race was so exciting and so close, in the final 10 laps, it seemed that no driver could do anything except tuck in behind the car in front of him and then determine if he should help or hurt him. There was little to do; odds were that a Hendrick or Roush car would win with their eight of the top ten cars battling or trying to help each other. Very cool race except for the daytime heat! How about an October Pepsi 400?

www.alyzabethan.blogspot.com
Where Children Come First www.fumch.org

Since: Jan 07

Morganton NC

#2 Jul 8, 2007
I was so happy to see Jamie get a win. You know he had to wonder if he would ever win again.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3 Jul 8, 2007
Nannie wrote:
I was so happy to see Jamie get a win. You know he had to wonder if he would ever win again.
Hi Nannie I was happy for him to. He had a long dry spell. It is nice to see a driver win that a lot of folks have given up on....He was so excited and it sure was a good finish....Hope your
doing o.k. Its very hot and DRY here in Indy...

Since: Jan 07

Morganton NC

#5 Jul 8, 2007
snow wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Nannie I was happy for him to. He had a long dry spell. It is nice to see a driver win that a lot of folks have given up on....He was so excited and it sure was a good finish....Hope your
doing o.k. Its very hot and DRY here in Indy...
Hi Snow even Kasey got a top ten finish. His second for the season. Ray had better do something fast or he won't have any drivers. It is so hot here and also dry. I have been staying inside under the air I can't take it. to bad Tony wrecked Denny and caused more to wreck. Wasn't that when Jr. got hit.

Location hidden

#6 Jul 8, 2007
Nannie wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Snow even Kasey got a top ten finish. His second for the season. Ray had better do something fast or he won't have any drivers. It is so hot here and also dry. I have been staying inside under the air I can't take it. to bad Tony wrecked Denny and caused more to wreck. Wasn't that when Jr. got hit.
Yes Nannie that is when he got hit or he hit someone. I don't know who hit who. Yes Kasey had a good run but your right Ray needs to step it up in his program....Wonder what has gone wrong this year with his teams they are all
having a hard time..

“what the”

Since: Jun 07

New Bedford, MA

#7 Jul 8, 2007
Nannie wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Snow even Kasey got a top ten finish. His second for the season. Ray had better do something fast or he won't have any drivers. It is so hot here and also dry. I have been staying inside under the air I can't take it. to bad Tony wrecked Denny and caused more to wreck. Wasn't that when Jr. got hit.
It appeared that someone bumped Bobby (43) from the rear as everyone was slowing for the Tony/Hamlin wreck, and Bobby slid side-ways into the rear of Jr. That pushed Jr. into another car.
R_M_B_ JR FAN

Baie Verte, Canada

#8 Jul 8, 2007
Jr seen the wreck ahead of him, slowed, Bobby Labonte was behind and he slowed up too but Reed Sorenson didn't let off and plowed into the back of Bobby which sent Bobby into the back of Jr and as Jr was in a partial spin on the bottom of the track, Reed re cam along side hitting Jr sending them both nito the grass, ending Jr's shot of winning last night, and Jr was in a second wreck later in the race also when Montoya and someone else got together, Jr once again seen the wreck, slowed and Andretti in the 45 didn't sending Jr nose first into the wall. A rough night, he hasn't had much luck at the plate tracks in recent years.

Location hidden

#9 Jul 8, 2007
R_M_B_ JR FAN wrote:
Jr seen the wreck ahead of him, slowed, Bobby Labonte was behind and he slowed up too but Reed Sorenson didn't let off and plowed into the back of Bobby which sent Bobby into the back of Jr and as Jr was in a partial spin on the bottom of the track, Reed re cam along side hitting Jr sending them both nito the grass, ending Jr's shot of winning last night, and Jr was in a second wreck later in the race also when Montoya and someone else got together, Jr once again seen the wreck, slowed and Andretti in the 45 didn't sending Jr nose first into the wall. A rough night, he hasn't had much luck at the plate tracks in recent years.
Thank you for the info. It sure was a rough night for Jr.
I hope when he arrives in Indy he can turn it around..
R_M_B_ JR FAN

Baie Verte, Canada

#10 Jul 8, 2007
snow wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for the info. It sure was a rough night for Jr.
I hope when he arrives in Indy he can turn it around..
NP, just glad I could help, and I also hope for better luck at Indy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Marlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sterling Marlin Retire! (Mar '09) Feb '14 Alfred Tull 39
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '13 ginni withers 5
Fire destroys garage of ex-NASCAR driver Sterli... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Whoyakidding 1
Southern Superstars will try again at Huntsvill... (Jul '12) Oct '12 Happy 2
DVD's (Nov '11) Nov '11 Sandy 1
Ods Hosting Fund-Raiser for Gibbs (Jul '11) Jul '11 John 1
CUP: Track Debate Has Nashville in Uproar (Dec '10) Dec '10 Anonymous 1
•••
•••

Sterling Marlin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••