Former NASCAR car owner, Richard 'Dic...

Former NASCAR car owner, Richard 'Dick' Bahre, 76, passes away

There are 11 comments on the The Frontstretch story from Sep 29, 2008, titled Former NASCAR car owner, Richard 'Dick' Bahre, 76, passes away. In it, The Frontstretch reports that:

Former NASCAR car owner, Richard "Dick" Bahre, 76, passed away on Saturday in Statesville, N.C. Bahre was the brother of New Hampshire Motor Speedway founder, Bob Bahre, and the uncle of former track president, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Frontstretch.

Unnamed

United States

#1 Sep 29, 2008
It's a very sad day to lose a very wonderful man.
Dillinger

Miami, FL

#2 Sep 29, 2008
Unnamed wrote:
It's a very sad day to lose a very wonderful man.
thank you for sharing this.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#3 Sep 29, 2008
It's very sad but we have an awful lot of wonderful people that been so important in racing that are coming into an age that we will be losing a lot them in the near future. I'm hoping the Hall of Fame can be built and opened before we lose anymore of stockcar racing's greats.
henry

Missouri City, TX

#4 Sep 29, 2008
I was very sad to hear that Dick had passed. He was a great & had workin man. He always had a story to tell. My thoughts & prayers go to his
family
Cliff Morris

United States

#5 Oct 2, 2008
Richard and family were friends and neighbors in Vermont in the 1960's. His passing is a loss to everyone fortunate enough to know this great man.

Since: Apr 07

Surprise, AZ

#6 Oct 2, 2008
It's sad to hear Dick has passed on. That's three of Mikey's former car owners dead now, including the one that took a chance on him and brought him into Cup racing.

“KAIZEN!”

Gambier , Oh.

#7 Oct 2, 2008
R.I.P. My thoughts and prayers go to the Bahre family!
Dillinger

Miami, FL

#8 Oct 2, 2008
go mwr wrote:
R.I.P. My thoughts and prayers go to the Bahre family!
Was this gentleman kind of another Benny Parsons? I didn't get to know him, bummer.

“KAIZEN!”

Gambier , Oh.

#9 Oct 2, 2008
Dillinger wrote:
<quoted text>
Was this gentleman kind of another Benny Parsons? I didn't get to know him, bummer.
He built NHMS or Dover, and was Mikey's first co-owner to give Mikey his first start in cup series! I Believe!
RIP Bhare

Atlanta, GA

#10 Oct 2, 2008
Fine man they're dropping like flies lately.
Jay Bahre

Abington, MA

#11 Nov 1, 2008
My thoughts and prayers go to our Bahre family!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Marlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sterling Marlin Retire! (Mar '09) Mar '16 Day Day The Hytrolic 40
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '13 ginni withers 5
News Fire destroys garage of ex-NASCAR driver Sterli... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Whoyakidding 1
News Southern Superstars will try again at Huntsvill... (Jul '12) Oct '12 Happy 2
DVD's (Nov '11) Nov '11 Sandy 1
News Ods Hosting Fund-Raiser for Gibbs (Jul '11) Jul '11 John 1
News CUP: Track Debate Has Nashville in Uproar (Dec '10) Dec '10 Anonymous 1
More from around the web