Jeremy Mayfield considers selling race team

Full story: USA Today

Unable to find funding since his suspension for failing a random drug test, Jeremy Mayfield is considering selling his race team.
Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Oct 4, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Madison

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Wise decision Na scar is against you now .

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

No one is going to sponsor him or let him drive even if he wins his lawsuit against Nascar. How many times does this man have to sue someone to get his way??

His career is over.
Chandler

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

sell team to buy more meth

“Clay freaking Matthews.”

Since: Dec 08

Green Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

You know Chandler, I was gonna say that but didnt want to be the person to do it...so thanks!
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Sell his race team? What has he got for sale, a couple of worn out first generation COTs that could not qualify for races and a mountain of bills. Jeremy, tell you what, I will give you $100 per car and you can keep everything else, I will put your cars right beside my Edsel, my Corvair and my Vega, they will serve as reminders of things that just never did do anything.
Christine

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

He evaded the test and now he's selling. That tells me he was going to fail the test and he knew it he never counted on winning in court and didn't know what to do next. Moron.
BAMA FAN

Greenville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Wise is correct, now he can get even more money if he loses everything and has to file bankruptsy. Nascar needs to take their pride and put it where the sun doesn't shine and admit they are wrong. They have srewed the pooch on this one. I hope Mayfield get's all he can get from Nascar including the kitchen sink. Nascar doesn't have any resect for anyone. Everyone to them is just a number.
BAMA FAN

Greenville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

sorry, bankruptcy was spelled wrong. lmao
CarGuy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2009

BAMA FAN wrote:
sorry, bankruptcy was spelled wrong. lmao
And the rest was babbling, Jeremy Mayfield certified what an idiot he is years ago, he'd fail to perform, then blame the equipment (same stuff that worked for teammates). He failed the test and then blew his $$ trying to get something for nothing again, it's not like he was a credible driver anytime recently even in good cars, no way he'd succeed in his own junk. I hope he dies of his apparent stupidity!
acrimonious

North Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2009

Judged:

NA$CRAP ruined Mayfield. They don't seem to mind that Michael (piece of sh!t) Waltrip drives like he's high every week! Maybe the racing would actually be entertaining if the drivers were high.
riggs

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2009

Judged:

what are people thinking by some of their opinions? Nascar is a giant waiting to fall upon its own success and failure. the sport has bowed down to America concern on the color of one skin. we sit here everyday listening to complete idiots make rude and b/s comments about Mayfield past and present situations. As to his team mates doing to well with his equipment. well lets see now. Kasey Kahne hasnt made a chase yet. Mayfield made it twice. Everham was screwing around on his wife and Mayfield called him out on it. hes been marked since that. we get beaten down for having some morals. what a joke. Nascar is loosing fans and the end is near or there size is slowly going down. that should tell you something. you beat him down for fighting for what he believes is right and I hope he wins this but dont waste his time or money coming back for he will get screwed from Nascar anyway. maybe get into another racin sport. good luck Jeremy.
JiM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2009

Wild Goose Chase?
Mayfield claims Nascar sent him on a wild goose chase for his latest drug test. He says he had only 18 minutes to get to testing center. But even his own laywer says it was 36 minutes! But then the lawyer adds to it- got call at 1:18 but it went to voicemail and was not discovered until 2:00. That STILL left him 1 hr and 18 minutess to get to testing center. Instead of going there, he and his lawyer talked about it for and hour?? Had it not dawned on them that Nascar was going to test him? Had they not discussed what they would do in advance? Give me a break!
If Mayfield wants to clear his name then making it to a testing center within 2 hours is mandatory. I have to say that he was delaying the test, especially since his timeline and the laywers timeline contradict each other.
I also haven't heard any drivers come out and support him. There aren't many secrets in the garage area. I'm sure no drivers want to get their name associated with his, but it's still surprising. I guess he isn't very popular in the garage? Maybe that has to do with him tanking in the 19 car for Evernham, publicly announcing that he would try his best to make sure the car wasn't in the top 35 in points at the start of the next season.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2009

riggs wrote:
what are people thinking by some of their opinions? Nascar is a giant waiting to fall upon its own success and failure. the sport has bowed down to America concern on the color of one skin. we sit here everyday listening to complete idiots make rude and b/s comments about Mayfield past and present situations. As to his team mates doing to well with his equipment. well lets see now. Kasey Kahne hasnt made a chase yet. Mayfield made it twice. Everham was screwing around on his wife and Mayfield called him out on it. hes been marked since that. we get beaten down for having some morals. what a joke. Nascar is loosing fans and the end is near or there size is slowly going down. that should tell you something. you beat him down for fighting for what he believes is right and I hope he wins this but dont waste his time or money coming back for he will get screwed from Nascar anyway. maybe get into another racin sport. good luck Jeremy.
Sir, Jeremy is finished as far as NASCAR goes, Jeremy is not well liked by NASCAR, other drivers and potential sponsors, people remember what an ass Jeremy was when he thought he was a top banana. Jeremy has screwed over almost everybody he has been associated with from his very first car owner to Cale and then Ray. Say all you wish about Jeremy and his morals, however there is also another old saying about not biting the hand that feeds you. Jeremy now is basically left with outdated junk cars that are not even good for ARCA as they do not run the same type chassis.

I wonder who Jeremy thinks will line up to buy cars that could not make fields and most likely pieced together cast off junk from third rate teams.
Buster

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2009

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir, Jeremy is finished as far as NASCAR goes, Jeremy is not well liked by NASCAR, other drivers and potential sponsors, people remember what an ass Jeremy was when he thought he was a top banana. Jeremy has screwed over almost everybody he has been associated with from his very first car owner to Cale and then Ray. Say all you wish about Jeremy and his morals, however there is also another old saying about not biting the hand that feeds you. Jeremy now is basically left with outdated junk cars that are not even good for ARCA as they do not run the same type chassis.
I wonder who Jeremy thinks will line up to buy cars that could not make fields and most likely pieced together cast off junk from third rate teams.
He's a POS addict.
IRISH FAN

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

ND Irish Fan Sonny wrote:
You know Chandler, I was gonna say that but didnt want to be the person to do it...so thanks!
I have been a Mayfield fan since his first season in NASCAR and I agree with all of you that his days of racing for the cup are over.There still is a chance he is innocent and is getting screwed again although I will have to say it seems to happen to JM often.(coincedence I think not)If this new drug test comes back positive than Nascar will look good.If it comes back negative it could be a long and drawn out case that is already growing old for JM and his few fans he has remaining.In my opinion a man is innocent until proven guilty beyond a resonable doubt. Hey Irish fan are you ready for the new football season!!
Jeremy Hoptowit

Orangevale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

what?
Johnny Go Go

Alexandria, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Voice of Reality wrote:
Sell his race team? What has he got for sale, a couple of worn out first generation COTs that could not qualify for races and a mountain of bills. Jeremy, tell you what, I will give you $100 per car and you can keep everything else, I will put your cars right beside my Edsel, my Corvair and my Vega, they will serve as reminders of things that just never did do anything.
I bet he's got more than a idiot like you have. Sorry about your luck!Lol
Goober

Campbell, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Johnny Go Go wrote:
<quoted text>
NASCAR & drugs seem like a good mix!
Aint my sister sweet!
What Up wit dat

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

We can't let Nascar go to hell, like the NBA and the NFL . They can let drugs in the their game but not in NASCAR.
Voice of Reality

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Johnny Go Go wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, little Johnny House, you made a statement about Jeremy having more than I do? Well Johnny, I still have my house, I have not been arrested and I face no civil actions. Now Johnny tell me how that no house, going to court meth addict has more than I do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stephen Germain Discussions

Search the Stephen Germain Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NASCAR driver slapped by rival's girlfriend; TD... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Liver 2
Tony Stewart awaits second surgery, will miss w... (Aug '13) Aug '13 CatRod53 21
Earnhardt Jr. Back In The High Life Again (Jun '11) Jul '11 95 Thunderbird 201
'The Glades' features drivers (Jun '11) Jun '11 Yuppers 3
NASCAR Nationwide Series Says Ethanol Performin... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Osama 3
Bayne ready to get back into the driver's seat (Jun '11) Jun '11 TexasRaider 2
Stewart would be interested in signing Patrick (May '11) May '11 Hilton Head 4
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••