Racer Shane Hmiel in Critical Condition After Qualifying Crash

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP
Shane Hmiel, banned for life from NASCAR in 2006 after failing three drug tests, was critically injured Saturday night during qualifying for the U.S. Auto Racing Club's Silver Crown race at Terre Haute Action Track. Full Story
uprightjc

Roaring River, NC

#1 Oct 10, 2010
I,m sorry to hear about this. He will be in are thoughts and prayers.
Virginia Williams

Belmont, NC

#2 Oct 10, 2010
We are very sorry to hear about Shane's accident. We saw him last week in North Wilkesboro. We will be praying for him and for a complete recovery. God is still in the healing business. As a nurse I know this will be a long recovery. just take one day st a time and let Shane know that you are with him. Talk to him, hold his hand let him know you are at his side. He can hear your voice. Play music for him, keep encouraging him. he cannot respond but he can hear.. God Bless all of you... Virginia Williams,Belmont,NC
Mike Bullock

Fayetteville, NC

#3 Oct 11, 2010
I've been in racing over 30 yrs and that was one of the worst wrecks i've ever saw...God Bless Shane and his family and fans too, includin myself !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shane Hmiel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shane Hmiel Making Race Car Return (Jan '13) Jan '13 Speedwayfreak 2
Former NASCAR driver Hmiel critically injured (Oct '10) Oct '10 peggy joseph on y... 3
USAC: Shane Hmiel critically injured in Silver ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Rita Jennings 1
Shane Hmiel to make his return - in a USAC Midget (Mar '06) Mar '10 USAC 20
Failed drug test earns Hmiel 'lifetime ban' (Feb '06) Sep '09 CHenderson 87
Smith: NASCAR on right track with drug-testing ... (May '09) May '09 acrimonious 4
NASCAR Suspends Young Driver Indefinitely (Feb '06) Jun '08 TRC 10
•••
•••

Shane Hmiel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••