Riggs gets ride with new Cup team

Full story: ESPN
Scott Riggs will drive for the new Tommy Baldwin Racing team in the 2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup series. Full Story

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#2 Jan 19, 2009
Well, Tommy has a driver. Good for him. Now let's hear something about a sponsor with enough jingles to get him pass Daytona.
CRJ

Dickson, TN

#3 Jan 19, 2009
Whoyakidding wrote:
Well, Tommy has a driver. Good for him. Now let's hear something about a sponsor with enough jingles to get him pass Daytona.
I had heard when Riggs left Haas and Stewart had already locked up their primary sponsors for both he and Newman's car, that State Water Heaters and Hunts Brothers Pizza were interested in stickin with Riggs, so i havent heard anything about them being on his ride, but i hope they do. I could also see Tommy Baldwin maybe working out a deal to buy the 22 owner points since the guys that bought that team have said they're interested in only building chassis and engines, and as close as Tommy Baldwin was to that team, they might sell them to him, although i would think RCR might pay a lil more since obviously its a more financially enriched race team and it would definitely secure the 33 Cheerios ride into the show. The only bad thing is if the 22 car doesnt show at Daytona and they havent sold the owner points, it locks in the 77 which im a Sam Hornish fan(not my fav but my third fav) and i'd like to see him not stress and be locked in.
Riggs

Houston, TX

#4 Jan 19, 2009
Ride Buyer Alert

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scott Riggs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Scott Riggs web site up (Feb '07) Nov '09 NMB 15
Robert 'Bootie' Barker to join Michael Waltrip ... (Nov '08) Oct '09 BigE 73
Riggs still wants to race, not park (May '09) May '09 carc6833 2
Mayfield, Riggs fall far behind field in Las Vegas (Feb '09) Mar '09 xhaasfan 5
Riggs, Mayfield get into 500 field while racing... (Feb '09) Feb '09 CRJ 7
Everything old is new again at Stewart-Haas Rac... (Jan '09) Feb '09 ruttrosmokesmojo 15
Mayfield loses ride (Apr '08) Jan '09 Matt 197
More from around the web